• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Tech This Job, and Shove It

lethalweapon3

• Moderators

Does anybody wanna stick around The Flats for, like, 5 years or so?http://www.fromtherumbleseat.com/2016/8/9/12411112/reports-georgia-tech-ad-mike-bobinski-to-be-named-new-ad-at-purdue

A pretty highly unexpected report dropped Tuesday morning from Ken Sugiura at the AJC, who reported that Georgia Tech AD Mike Bobinski will be named to the same position at Purdue as early as Tuesday morning.

UPDATE: That report has since been confirmed by RamblinWreck.com, which has indicated that Georgia Tech’s President Bud Peterson is aware of the impending move, and that Bobinski will begin his tenure at Purdue later this month.

The timing seems rather odd, as the move comes less than a month before the start of the football season, and right at the beginning of the new academic year. Still, if true, it would require Georgia Tech to find a new AD after only a little over three years under Bobinski’s reign.

Bobinski was hired away from Xavier in January 2013, where he had served as AD since 1998. He was brought in to replace Dan Radakovich, who basically picked up and left in the middle of the night in late October of 2012 to take the same job at Clemson.

Over his three years, more and more fans began to express displeasure at the perceived inaction from Bobinski as leader of the athletics’ department. His biggest actions as AD have been in the past few months, between firing head basketball coach Brian Gregory and replacing him with Josh Pastner, and releasing a new Strategic Plan for the athletic department back in June.

~lw3

IMHO this was a guy getting out while the gittin' was good.

His blatant (mis)handling of Gregory's 2014 should-be firing/contract extension was ham-fisted at best.  (Rumor has it he gathered the troop$ and did indeed garner the funds for the buyout, then decided not to fire the guy?  And thusly, is on the outs with the major donors.)

Now CPJ seems to be hintimating that he's standing in the way of (or atleast wasn't totally on board with) facilities upgrades on the fball side.  That's debatable since many times, for us, it's kinda one or the other w.r.t. bball and fball so maybe CPJ just didn't like the timeline.  Still, handling that falls on MBob.

The coup de grace for me was the Pastner hiring.  From all we heard since his hiring, MBob was this supposed basketball coach whisperer with this vast network of coaches just champing at the bit to follow him to GT.  Well, when the time came, he couldn't deliver.  And now we're stuck with a reclamation project.  Will it work out?  Maybe.  Maybe not.  But this was supposed to be his area of expertise and he struck out in every at bat

All in al, I'm glad he's gone.  He never really made any significant impact and when it was his time to shine (all things bball), he came up schmall.  I'm talking @Spud2Nique glove-size small.  Good riddance.

18 minutes ago, kg01 said:

IMHO this was a guy getting out while the gittin' was good.

His blatant (mis)handling of Gregory's 2014 should-be firing/contract extension was ham-fisted at best.  (Rumor has it he gathered the troop$ and did indeed garner the funds for the buyout, then decided not to fire the guy?  And thusly, is on the outs with the major donors.)

Now CPJ seems to be hintimating that he's standing in the way of (or atleast wasn't totally on board with) facilities upgrades on the fball side.  That's debatable since many times, for us, it's kinda one or the other w.r.t. bball and fball so maybe CPJ just didn't like the timeline.  Still, handling that falls on MBob.

The coup de grace for me was the Pastner hiring.  From all we heard since his hiring, MBob was this supposed basketball coach whisperer with this vast network of coaches just champing at the bit to follow him to GT.  Well, when the time came, he couldn't deliver.  And now we're stuck with a reclamation project.  Will it work out?  Maybe.  Maybe not.  But this was supposed to be his area of expertise and he struck out in every at bat

All in al, I'm glad he's gone.  He never really made any significant impact and when it was his time to shine (all things bball), he came up schmall.  I'm talking @Spud2Nique glove-size small.  Good riddance.

Lol...that was like a Danny Ainge layup, weak! Speaking of Ainge, this is off topic but he was just mentioned in a Married with Children episode from 93. 

Al and Peggy are at an all star game and the announcers says.."Let's meet the all star, and Danny Ainge. 

And later in the episode, Peggy is shooting a ft for 10k and while the ball is in the air, Drexler is saying to himself.."if we had her instead of Ainge we would have won the championship."

I knew I always loved Married with Children. :-)

Ps Vlade Divac and Xavier McDaniel also make guest appearances.

9 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

Lol...that was like a Danny Ainge layup, weak! Speaking of Ainge, this is off topic but he was just mentioned in a Married with Children episode from 93. 

Al and Peggy are at an all star game and the announcers says.."Let's meet the all star, and Danny Ainge. 

And later in the episode, Peggy is shooting a ft for 10k and while the ball is in the air, Drexler is saying to himself.."if we had her instead of Ainge we would have won the championship."

I knew I always loved Married with Children. :-)

Ps Vlade Divac and Xavier McDaniel also make guest appearances.

What the hell are you talking about?

Cmon, you lol'd