JOSH SMITH FREE AGENCY "WATCH"

lethalweapon3

1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

If he'd just commit himself to be Dennis Rodman he'd have a job in the nba.   

That's a huge IF. That's like saying IF @kg01 didn't live in the cul de sac then ______________.

No seriously, fill in the blank. Lol

• Admin
1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

If he'd just commit himself to be Dennis Rodman he'd have a job in the nba.   

Talk about two different type of players ... Josh is done ... he might get a contract somewhere but as being a contributor he is done ... 

41 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

3 months / 1.5 million.   Good for him.   That's a no brainer.  

I wish someone would pay me 1.5 million for 3 years.

Good Luck Josh.

• 2 weeks later...

From an article on HoopsHype:

Remember how Josh Smith was constantly discouraged from taking threes throughout his NBA career because he was not hitting them at a good rate?

Well, that may not be a problem for him in China, where he recently signed with the Sichuan Blue Whales. American stars have green light to shoot in the CBA and Smith made that clear in his second game there taking 18 three-pointers and making seven. That’s 38.9 percent from beyond the arc, which is way better than his NBA average (28.5 percent).

For the record, he finished the game with 41 points, 19 rebounds, five blocks and a loss vs. Yi Jianlian‘s Guangdong.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, LongTimeFan said:

From an article on HoopsHype:

Remember how Josh Smith was constantly discouraged from taking threes throughout his NBA career because he was not hitting them at a good rate?

Well, that may not be a problem for him in China, where he recently signed with the Sichuan Blue Whales. American stars have green light to shoot in the CBA and Smith made that clear in his second game there taking 18 three-pointers and making seven. That’s 38.9 percent from beyond the arc, which is way better than his NBA average (28.5 percent).

For the record, he finished the game with 41 points, 19 rebounds, five blocks and a loss vs. Yi Jianlian‘s Guangdong.

Wow.  That's chucking.  18 3 pointers?   Good Lawd.

• Like 1

• Moderators

This thread's already about "Josh" and Free Agency so I'm just gonna shoehorn this ex-Hawk news in.

Another ex-Hawk is bound for East Asia!

http://www.japantimes.co.jp/sports/2016/11/17/basketball/b-league/namizato-white-make-return-ex-nba-swingman-childress-move-san-en/

The San-en NeoPhoenix, formerly known as the Hamamatsu Higashimikawa Phoenix, have hammered out a deal to sign former NBA first-round draft pick Josh Childress to a contract, basketball insiders told The Japan Times. An announcement is imminent. The 33-year-old Childress was the No. 6 pick in the 2004 NBA Draft. He skipped his senior season at Stanford University to enter the draft. As a junior, Childress was named the Pac-10 Player of the Year.

~lw3

• Like 2

• Moderators
3 hours ago, lethalweapon3 said:

This thread's already about "Josh" and Free Agency so I'm just gonna shoehorn this ex-Hawk news in.

http://www.japantimes.co.jp/sports/2016/11/17/basketball/b-league/namizato-white-make-return-ex-nba-swingman-childress-move-san-en/

~lw3

How awesome for these guys that they can set themselves up for life (hopefully) by playing basketball even if it isn't the nba.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, lethalweapon3 said:

~lw3

Guess we know how Childress will afford his next three thousand pairs of shoes now.

Coaching Josh has been a major headache without a language barrier for everyone and I imagine it will be even worse with one. Easier for him to ignore anything said to him at all. That stat seems like evidence it has already started from the get go.