• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Where will the Atlanta Hawks’ Defense Rank this Season?

aali34

39 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

If I'm looking at it right Sap was 11th in the league in steals per game 1-10 are all guards.   He was also 8th in the league in blocks per game.   That's pretty amazing stuff out of your PF.   With Dwight behind him I feel like he'll have a chance to gamble more on defense and maybe get even more steals.        This could be a huge year for Sap.

Ya SAP always amazes me with the steals and blocks for a big. He's pretty much the only big in both categories. The only other guy is Noel. Pretty awesome to have your bigs be leaders in steals but still do the job of blocks too.

4 hours ago, macdaddy said:

If I'm looking at it right Sap was 11th in the league in steals per game 1-10 are all guards.   He was also 8th in the league in blocks per game.   That's pretty amazing stuff out of your PF.   With Dwight behind him I feel like he'll have a chance to gamble more on defense and maybe get even more steals.        This could be a huge year for Sap.

This shows Sap's versatility: amongst guards in steals, while amongst centers in blocks - that's not easy to do.

6 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

I did notice that Boston is expected to have a dramatic rise in defense this season.

Umm.  I wonder why?

Well Gramps, the narrative is that Al was our best defender. I don't remember that ever being said before ( but since he's now in green),smh (not saying he wasn't a huge part of our defensive philosophy, but....) ergo it translates easily to Boston.

Sap does so much really well without being animated about it and drawing a lot of attention. Guess its part of his work ethic and maturity which does remind me of the way Duncan carried himself over the years. Getting so much done without any LeBron type crying baby faces at the refs or doing anything under the sun to sell his brand. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
On 9/8/2016 at 9:02 AM, aali34 said:

People say that we might be a step down defensively, and even if that is true, I'd rather play slightly worse defense and get the rebound instead of playing hard defense for 24 seconds only to end up with nothing.

I can't imagine us being a step down with a true rebounder and shot blocker.   Not to mention Dennis on ball. 

• Premium Member
On 9/9/2016 at 7:55 AM, Thomas said:

Sap does so much really well without being animated about it and drawing a lot of attention. Guess its part of his work ethic and maturity which does remind me of the way Duncan carried himself over the years. Getting so much done without any LeBron type crying baby faces at the refs or doing anything under the sun to sell his brand. 

The one thing that always amazes me about Sap's defense is the swipe.   He can swipe the ball away from guys very accurately.  I believe he and Iguodala are probably the best swipers in the game. 

4 hours ago, Diesel said:

The one thing that always amazes me about Sap's defense is the swipe.   He can swipe the ball away from guys very accurately.  I believe he and Iguodala are probably the best swipers in the game. 

Yup. Agreed. Those two have amazing hands.