• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Same Ole Falcons

PSSSHHHRRR87

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Lurker said:

It was not Mike Smith that needed to be fired, it was Thomas Dimitroff that needed to be.

Once this team ends up winning 4 or 5 games, they need to wipe the slate clean. Fire everyone, all of the coaches and Dimitroff.

I am shocked Dimitroff is still hanging on with the team.  

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Sothron said:

How can you root for the Hawks and not the Falcons? Or root for the Lions and not the Pistons? I am confused.

Followed Hawks and Braves on TBS in the 80's as a youngster but didn't really  have a favorite football team. Living in the Bay Area, the Niners were all the talk with Joe, Rice, Lott, Roger Craig n company but I never got on board. 

I finally picked my fav team when I saw Barry Sanders play. He reminded me of the Nique of football, just a show you couldn't miss. Humble guy who never spiked the ball in the end zone, a class act. Lions fan since 89. 

In retrospect, I wish I had followed a team with better management. But I guess that's preaching to the choir with Hawks fans. Lol.

44 minutes ago, Sothron said:

How can you root for the Hawks and not the Falcons? Or root for the Lions and not the Pistons? I am confused.

I don't root for the Falcons anymore really.  Just got tired of 'em.  I enjoy seeing them lose kinda.  I also kinda hate the NFL now anyway so .... there's that.

• Premium Member
20 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I don't root for the Falcons anymore really.  Just got tired of 'em.  I enjoy seeing them lose kinda.  I also kinda hate the NFL now anyway so .... there's that.

have a heart for the rest of us broski. we don't need any more reasons to lose

Falcon's head coach = Defensive Guru!

Really?  Wow! 

Can't get to their QB for a sack.  But, we have all that new speed!  What's the problem, coach?

Defensive line doesn't know enough to know where to line up.  In the neutral zone?  Gee whiz!

Five, count them, five defensive Falcons ran all over themselves and watched as the Bucs runner

took it to the house.  That's great defense, isn't it!!

Pass defense.  What pass defense?  Did you see any of it?  Where did it go?  Missing in action!

Still, on offense, allergic to the red zone.  Offense gets three points - - Defense gives up seven.

That doesn't add up to a winning combination, does it???

Falcon's Head Coach = Defensive Guru??

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

@Sothron  He's  a Detroit Fan.  

I was rooting for them to beat the Colts yesterday, lol.

I had 7 heart attacks yesterday. I think I would have been pissed at Prater for the whole year if he didn't redeem himself the way he did.

• Moderators

Just to pile onto our misery.  I thought this was kind of funny.

http://deadspin.com/big-stupid-falcons-stadium-to-feature-big-stupid-bird-1786380980

The Atlanta Falcons appear to be very committed to building the most batshit insane football stadium in American history. They already went and approved a design that will make the stadium resemble a robot’s anus, and now they are going to grace the grounds with what is purported to be the largest bird statue in the world.

This news comes to us from For The Win, which talked to Hungarian artist Gábor Miklós Szőke, who is currently designing the big stupid bird. Look at this dumbass bird:

Via Atlanta Falcons

Szőke claims that the large idiot bird will stand 41.5 feet high and have a wingspan of 64 feet. Atlanta taxpayers are forking over $200 million to help build a stadium that looks like a metal sphincter and a statue that looks likeWorld Of Warcraft concept art. What a great deal for everyone involved.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Sothron said:

have a heart for the rest of us broski. we don't need any more reasons to lose

I have a cold, dark void where my heart used to be. :happy:

That Falcons pass rush(sic) makes me just ...

Evil Hank Hill

How about this?  I'll root for the Falcons again when Blank is no longer the owner.  Deal?

Edited by kg01

3 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I have a cold, dark void where my heart used to be. :happy:

That Falcons pass rush(sic) makes me just ...

Evil Hank Hill

How about this?  I'll root for the Falcons again when Blank is no longer the owner.  Deal?

Stop being a whiney fair weather fan and get your b!tchass back in there!!! Lol..

16 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

Falcon's head coach = Defensive Guru!

Really?  Wow! 

Can't get to their QB for a sack.  But, we have all that new speed!  What's the problem, coach?

Defensive line doesn't know enough to know where to line up.  In the neutral zone?  Gee whiz!

Five, count them, five defensive Falcons ran all over themselves and watched as the Bucs runner

took it to the house.  That's great defense, isn't it!!

Pass defense.  What pass defense?  Did you see any of it?  Where did it go?  Missing in action!

Still, on offense, allergic to the red zone.  Offense gets three points - - Defense gives up seven.

That doesn't add up to a winning combination, does it???

Falcon's Head Coach = Defensive Guru??

I'm starting to suspect DQ is all talk. Loves a good catch phrase but no substance behind it. 

If we had lost not looking and having the same issues as last year, I would feel differently - just the sameness of the way we played sucks.

11 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

Stop being a whiney fair weather fan and get your b!tchass back in there!!! Lol..

Nah, I'll just keep pointing and laughing from the sidelines.  The Barves are about to lose me too.

I'll never quit my Hawks tho.

7 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I'm starting to suspect DQ is all talk. Loves a good catch phrase but no substance behind it. 

If we had lost not looking and having the same issues as last year, I would feel differently - just the sameness of the way we played sucks.

Don't worry.  I'm sure they'll do a little self-scouting at practice this week. :cool:

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Yea.   Quinn seems to equate trying to rip the ball out on every single tackle to playing aggressive D.   It's the only thing our D seems to do consistently but it's often at the expense of actually tackling.   And as we saw yesterday, doesn't work.   

• Like 2

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

Nah, I'll just keep pointing and laughing from the sidelines.  The Barves are about to lose me too.

Don't worry.  I'm sure they'll do a little self-scouting at practice this week. :cool:

Lol - Mike Smithism.

Quinn  with the 'tip the hat' - smh. 

8 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Lol - Mike Smithism.

Quinn  with the 'tip the hat' - smh. 

After a few years DQ'll be in the middle of a presser.  He'll lean over, tear off his mask and reveal it was Mike Smith all along.  Blankety-Blank and Dimitroff will be cackling together in the background.

13 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Can you tell your wife to smack you tonight? You can't jump off n on as a fan of a team. Otherwise you're just a rat bastard lol

16 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

Can you tell your wife to smack you tonight? You can't jump off n on as a fan of a team. Otherwise you're just a rat bastard lol

That's the thing.  I'm not jumping back on unless Blank's gone.  Winning team/losing team doesn't matter.  It'd be different if I came back only when they're winning.  If Blank's there, I don't care if they go 50-0.  I'm done with him.