• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Same Ole Falcons

PSSSHHHRRR87

Defensive Guru.  He forgot to teach his defensive line not to line up in the neutral zone.

That cost Atlanta the game.  Bucs got the first down, thanks to that, and went on and scored!

Ice Cold, our starting QB, again failed to find the end zone from the red zone.  Allergy ?

• Like 2

It's like they left all the tackling fundamentals NFL defensive players show every week back on the college field or something. Trying to strip the ball at all cost during the whole game as if we were down twenty points at the opening kickoff.

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Thomas said:

It's like they left all the tackling fundamentals NFL defensive players show every week back on the college field or something. Trying to strip the ball at all cost during the whole game as if we were down twenty points at the opening kickoff.

And to compound the issue they completely failed to strip the ball from anyone.  

Same defensive issues this week such as penalties and just plain weak tackling but the offense actually look good a lot of the game, especially late. Nice to have the ball bounce our way for once with Hardy grabbing that touchdown. Doesn't matter how young our guys are they and the coaches have got to get this tackling improved at least to some form of NFL level for a decent number of wins.  

• Premium Member

We got lucky to win the game. Our offense looked great but our defense is just bad. Trufant is an All World cornerback stuck on a horrible defense around him. We got zero sacks for the second straight games. Those 19 sacks of last year, dead last in the NFL btw, are starting to look like gold at this point.

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Sothron said:

We got lucky to win the game. Our offense looked great but our defense is just bad. Trufant is an All World cornerback stuck on a horrible defense around him. We got zero sacks for the second straight games. Those 19 sacks of last year, dead last in the NFL btw, are starting to look like gold at this point.

I didn't see as much of this one but seems like against the Bucs even our blitzes were weak.   

6 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I'm not an expert by any means but seems like talent or lack of.   Which is depressing. 

Even without talent, you would think they would luck into one?

Are we a small DL?

• Premium Member

We run Quinn's 4-3 under defense which is kinda like a hybrid between the normal 4-3 and the 3-4. If you have the players it can be a very effective defense. Quinn's unit in Seattle was elite. The problem is he doesn't have anywhere near the talent level in Atlanta. Our DL is underachieving as a unit and our LBs have two rookies starting. Those guys do show promise. We need a  legit pass rusher something awful. They thought Beasley would be that guy but he only had 4 sacks his rookie year and zero so far in his second year. We need to spend the dough to get someone.

The problem above all of this is that Dimitroff should have been fired along with Mike Smith since he is the GM that can't find talent. Our DL coach is Bryan Cox who you guys might remember as that hot head middle linebacker from the Bears and Dolphins back in the 90's. He never played DL in his career but somehow is our DL coach. It makes no sense.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Sothron said:

We run Quinn's 4-3 under defense which is kinda like a hybrid between the normal 4-3 and the 3-4. If you have the players it can be a very effective defense. Quinn's unit in Seattle was elite. The problem is he doesn't have anywhere near the talent level in Atlanta. Our DL is underachieving as a unit and our LBs have two rookies starting. Those guys do show promise. We need a  legit pass rusher something awful. They thought Beasley would be that guy but he only had 4 sacks his rookie year and zero so far in his second year. We need to spend the dough to get someone.

The problem above all of this is that Dimitroff should have been fired along with Mike Smith since he is the GM that can't find talent. Our DL coach is Bryan Cox who you guys might remember as that hot head middle linebacker from the Bears and Dolphins back in the 90's. He never played DL in his career but somehow is our DL coach. It makes no sense.

Thank you.

What is Beasely's best position and is he playing there. I thought I heard they moved him?

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Thank you.

What is Beasely's best position and is he playing there. I thought I heard they moved him?

Yeah, they made him a weakside linebacker in the 4-3 base formation but he shifts to left defensive end in the nickel. We spend about 70% of our total defense in the nickel package which makes it pretty much our "normal" defense.

Beasley would be better as a 3-4 outside linebacker. He is only like 240 odd pounds. That is tiny by a normal DE standard. He gets push around easily on the line which is why they shifted him to WLB. But he still plays like a defensive end. He is not a good fit for our system. If we ran a 3-4 which I might add is my favorite defensive formation and what I think all modern NFL defenses should be then he'd be in a much more natural position.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sothron said:

Yeah, they made him a weakside linebacker in the 4-3 base formation but he shifts to left defensive end in the nickel. We spend about 70% of our total defense in the nickel package which makes it pretty much our "normal" defense.

Beasley would be better as a 3-4 outside linebacker. He is only like 240 odd pounds. That is tiny by a normal DE standard. He gets push around easily on the line which is why they shifted him to WLB. But he still plays like a defensive end. He is not a good fit for our system. If we ran a 3-4 which I might add is my favorite defensive formation and what I think all modern NFL defenses should be then he'd be in a much more natural position.

So another blown pick for our scheme, smh.

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

So another blown pick for our scheme, smh.

There's no other way to put it. He was the best pass rusher in last year's draft but his playing DE is like putting a square peg in a round hole. He only played in his 230 weight at college. Most DE are like 265-300 pounds no matter what system. He'd be a good fit in a 3-4 scheme but we don't run it.

21 minutes ago, Sothron said:

There's no other way to put it. He was the best pass rusher in last year's draft but his playing DE is like putting a square peg in a round hole. He only played in his 230 weight at college. Most DE are like 265-300 pounds no matter what system. He'd be a good fit in a 3-4 scheme but we don't run it.

Well that royally sucks. 

Too many of TD's picks are no longer in the NFL.  He should be gone.

Beasley is playing LEO which is a cross between a DE and outside LB. He is in the perfect position in nickel situations he's just not making the plays yet. He's also not playing Will in base he's playing Sam which is a good spot for him in base. It's what Bruce Irvin played in Seattle. The thing about our line is the rotations haven't worked so far. When we go with our jumbo package we can't get much pass rush and teams know that so they throw against us and with our speed package they run on us. Once they start getting the combinations right I think we'll be fine. Grady Jarrett is damn good and Hageman actually played pretty damn well Sunday. Freeney and Beasley should be able to produce off the edge. @JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member

How is he in the perfect position as a severely undersized DE in nickel situations? They have used him as WILL and had Brooks Reed as the Sam which is what Irvin was in Seattle. Reed is a more natural Sam with his experience in Houston's 3-4 formation. We get zero pass rush no matter what they line up as. I do like Grady. Our two rookie LBs show promise. But this means nothing if we can't rush the QB. Any scheme needs pass pressure in order to function.

Campbell is the Will, Jones is the Mike, and Beasley is the Sam. Brooks is playing either DE or LEO when he's in, he's not playing Sam...go watch again. Von Miller plays DE in the nickel as well, he's pretty much the exact same size as Beasley. He's in a good spot