• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

FINALLY ! -Pre season is here !

Gray Mule

38 minutes ago, sturt said:

Stray thoughts...

1. I could be wrong, but I think Prince can claw his way into the rotation if he can show himself a defensive asset.

2. I've maintained all along that Moose can deliver a lot of what Zaza did for us, minus a couple of rebounds, but plus a couple of points... I think I'm seeing that play out. Clearly, at the least, Budcox is showcasing Moose for a trade, or at most, actually planning to use him extensively based on a suspicion that Scott won't be on the roster.

3. Edy moving without the ball. Edy with that silky touch in the post. This really could be something special to behold, and as said above, lessens the impact of any time Splitter has to miss.

4. Ryan Kelly, imo, is capable of consistently generating stretch-4 offense for us off the bench. Hard pressed to see how he wedges his way onto the 15-man short of some trade that opens up a spot, though.

5. To @AHF's question, I saw that C-Viv indicated in a tweet that Bud was holding back a few of the 20 from PT, but that those would get time on Saturday night in SA.

I was suspecting exaggerated injuries on some of these lineup scratches.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
14 minutes ago, hazer said:

I was suspecting exaggerated injuries on some of these lineup scratches.

The C-Viv has spoken. I have complete faith in his insight on these things. (*wink*)

• Like 2

• Moderators

Glad to hear THJr isn't hurt.  We've got enough people hurting in the frontcourt right now.  Looking forward to seeing him this preseason.

I assumed he was hurt because it is weird that he was the only healthy scratch where we were playing guys like Costello and Magette who we all know have zero chance of making the roster.  Seems too early to rest our key reserves.  Maybe we rest Korver next game and start THJr to get him some serious burn.

18 hours ago, BigDog90 said:

Although he got blocked, this shows he draws attention. I'm sure if Millsap was healthy, he could pass it out to him.

That was poor decision making by Dennis. He should have either lobbed it to Howard or lay it up off the backboard.

1 hour ago, Blunt91 said:

That was poor decision making by Dennis. He should have either lobbed it to Howard or lay it up off the backboard.

Nope...look at it in slow motion.   #33 from griz is right at Dennis with hands up, no way Dennis can lob that...the wrap around was the right pass.

Look at Dwight's stance and hand location, he's ready for the pass. He bobbled the catch

Now if you say the actual pass wasn't great I agree.  The decision was correct.

That was fun!  Now, on to Texas for pre season game #2.

We know that, Saturday, Hawks will not yet be 100% healthy but we may find some of those Hawks

that didn't play in game #1 will face the Spurs.

Won't it be nice when the regular season starts and we can watch on TV instead of having to wait

for someone to post highlights !

GO ATL !

Note to ESPN:  Are you really, really sure that Atlanta is a lottery team ?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Gray Mule said:

That was fun!  Now, on to Texas for pre season game #2.

We know that, Saturday, Hawks will not yet be 100% healthy but we may find some of those Hawks

that didn't play in game #1 will face the Spurs.

Won't it be nice when the regular season starts and we can watch on TV instead of having to wait

for someone to post highlights !

GO ATL !

Note to ESPN:  Are you really, really sure that Atlanta is a lottery team ?

Yes indeed. Truly more than ready to see them on the court as soon as possible. Hoping THJ gets to show his improvements in this next one and Edy has a repeat performance.. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, sturt said:

What's up with this? Splitter and Scott both were active for the scrimmage last Saturday.

Probably got injured in a practice after the scrimmage.

Hawks site said game was on 92.9 but, when I checked, they were talking Braves like their season

was still going on. 

No picture, no sound, just watching the play by play.  Mostly bench and rookies.

Ah, well.  This to shall pass.

53 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

Hawks site said game was on 92.9 but, when I checked, they were talking Braves like their season

was still going on. 

No picture, no sound, just watching the play by play.  Mostly bench and rookies.

Ah, well.  This to shall pass.

You have to listen on a real radio, not an online stream.   You can also download the Hawks App to listen which is what I'm using.