• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

FINALLY ! -Pre season is here !

Gray Mule

• Premium Member

Honest answer....  I think the system depends on players taking open shots when they get them, especially wings... that, and, after awhile, the other team notices who seems to be cold, and allow that player to have more open shots. I don't think THjr gets that many minutes, though, in a regular season game, and all the more so, after the first 8 shots or so prove unsuccessful. In an odd way, I'm glad he took as many as he did.

• Like 1

I think Malcolm Delaney will contribute this season and Jarrett Jack will end up just being a mentor off the bench... Delaney isn't a true PG but is an OG that has enough passing skills that it shouldn't be a problem in a bench role.

There are enough players off the bench to at the very least limit Korver's minutes. I hope it happens. Delaney is another option to do so (playing as the OG beside Schröder).

Prince really reminds me of Crash when he was younger. The overall talent level is high. He really fits into the team structure and he constantly stands out on offense and defense. Clearly not a #1 option type of guy but impressive nonetheless. 

From what I seen, we have no #1 option on the roster again. The closest one is Edy who is still too raw. Edy has the all around game, he just needs more polish. He improves by leaps and bounds each year. 

Defensively, I like what I see from Bembry, Prince, Thabo of course. 

I don't like Bem getting beat on the backdoor as much but SA is a great team at backdoor cuts. 

Moose is still a tad slow on switches and rotations. I like what I see from Kelly. Some guys just fit. I always liked his game for LA. He was really a good team guy but LA isn't a team. For us, he's quick on rotations, shows great reads, high BBIQ, athletic and can stretch the court. Maybe I like Scott more as a #2 PF but for #3 PF, I like him more than Moose. 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Prince really reminds me of Crash when he was younger. The overall talent level is high. He really fits into the team structure and he constantly stands out on offense and defense. Clearly not a #1 option type of guy but impressive nonetheless. 

From what I seen, we have no #1 option on the roster again. The closest one is Edy who is still too raw. Edy has the all around game, he just needs more polish. He improves by leaps and bounds each year. 

Defensively, I like what I see from Bembry, Prince, Thabo of course. 

I don't like Bem getting beat on the backdoor as much but SA is a great team at backdoor cuts. 

Moose is still a tad slow on switches and rotations. I like what I see from Kelly. Some guys just fit. I always liked his game for LA. He was really a good team guy but LA isn't a team. For us, he's quick on rotations, shows great reads, high BBIQ, athletic and can stretch the court. Maybe I like Scott more as a #2 PF but for #3 PF, I like him more than Moose. 

Yeah, thinking our draft will indeed pay us some dividends.

56 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Yeah, thinking our draft will indeed pay us some dividends.

This draft was a sneaky good draft. Prince and Bembury have a lot of potential in this system and Isiah still has some of the best talent but needs more size and experience. 

I'm really pulling for him but whether its a preseason game or not THJ can make a boxscore just plain offensive (in a bad way) sometimes. Bembry might not actually see any time in the D league if Tim has many more nights like that one.

• Premium Member

All told, that was one heckuva performance.... not only withstanding arguably THjr's worst performance ever in ATL, but dang, Pop played their starters virtually the entire first half from what I saw... and yet, our guys largely held serve.

• Moderators
12 hours ago, Thomas said:

I'm really pulling for him but whether its a preseason game or not THJ can make a boxscore just plain offensive (in a bad way) sometimes. Bembry might not actually see any time in the D league if Tim has many more nights like that one.

Nobody can have many more night lights like that one.  At least it was meaningless preseason action.

• Moderators
23 hours ago, sturt said:

Honest answer....  I think the system depends on players taking open shots when they get them, especially wings... that, and, after awhile, the other team notices who seems to be cold, and allow that player to have more open shots. I don't think THjr gets that many minutes, though, in a regular season game, and all the more so, after the first 8 shots or so prove unsuccessful. In an odd way, I'm glad he took as many as he did.

Very good post.  Had to quote for discussion becaues I think this is right.  Bud's system relies on pressure from all points and teams will slump off a guy they don't view as a real threat leading to more open shots for that person.  You need consistency from the perimeter from your guards in this system.  That could be a  challenge this year with Dennis, THJr, Thabo, Bembry and Prince.  Also highlights why Bud loves Korver so much.

Too much T. Parker.

Thanks for the videos.  That's all I get to see.  Maybe, when they televise home games?  I hope.

Rested a lot of players VS the Spurs.  Saving them for tonight?

• Premium Member
36 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

Too much T. Parker.

Thanks for the videos.  That's all I get to see.  Maybe, when they televise home games?  I hope.

Rested a lot of players VS the Spurs.  Saving them for tonight?

FYI, the game against Cleveland will be on Fox Sports tonight.

• Like 3