• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Thoughts on NBATV Hawks Preview

benhillboy

• Moderators
9 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

not much else that will distinguish him in a league where an ascending class of young, versatile big men (Karl-Anthony Towns, Anthony Davis, DeMarcus Cousins, Andre Drummond, Kristaps Porzingis, et al.) is on the rise

I didn't realize Drummond was a versatile big man.     Dwight's career FT% is almost 20 points higher than Drummond.   :ahf:

• Like 1

• Premium Member
19 minutes ago, Vol4ever said:

I would add that Jack could be a great veteran presence on this team.  

That was one thing that I felt was missing last year when we lost Demarre and Elton Brand. A locker room guy that yells at guys and fuels them during halftime/timeouts. Like stated previously there were quite a few games that the Hawks had no reason to lose like that last game against the wizards that ultimately cost us a the third seed and a potential second Eastern Conference Finals appearance. Also great point guards such as Kyrie Irving and Stephen Curry credit some of their success to Jack's mentorship. If he can be that locker-room leader that we didn't have and helps in Dennis's development as an elite point guard, than he doesn't have to play that much to have value to me.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, aali34 said:

That was one thing that I felt was missing last year when we lost Demarre and Elton Brand. A locker room guy that yells at guys and fuels them during halftime/timeouts. Like stated previously there were quite a few games that the Hawks had no reason to lose like that last game against the wizards that ultimately cost us a the third seed and a potential second Eastern Conference Finals appearance. Also great point guards such as Kyrie Irving and Stephen Curry credit some of their success to Jack's mentorship. If he can be that locker-room leader that we didn't have and helps in Dennis's development as an elite point guard, than he doesn't have to play that much to have value to me.

Thank you. Jack NEEDS to stay. I live in the bay and noticed what Jack n Landry did for the Warriors. Jack instills confidence in other players, we need that.

Somebody look at this vid about "NBA star that should be traded".

http://www.si.com/nba/video/2016/10/19/which-star-nba-player-should-be-traded

Synopsis please?

ETA: Nevermind, they're idiots.  Ben Golliver (who's an idiot) says he'd love to see Sap traded to BOS or CLE.  Since we're obviously going to be bad.  Says our season will go nowhere.  Likely we'll have to trade Sap to CLE and they won't even have to give up Love (since we'll be desperate).  Idiots.  Says we'll likely be trading off assets (to tank I guess).

I'm self-banning for bringing this nonsense to the board.

Edited by kg01

• Moderators

Yeah, that was just a stupid bit but Golliver stood at as the moron at the table.  He outright said that Atlanta would just be "giving away good players."  Give me a damn mike and I'll bring more to the table than this wish fulfillment crap that sees Atlanta enriching its biggest rivals and not even getting real assets back.  That whole discussion from Golliver was about just wanting to see teams stock up stars.  At least the other guy put together his theoretical deal in a more realistic light - Beal, Gortat and picks for Boogie.  At least there was some consideration as to what the Kings might get.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, AHF said:

Yeah, that was just a stupid bit but Golliver stood at as the moron at the table.  He outright said that Atlanta would just be "giving away good players."  Give me a damn mike and I'll bring more to the table than this wish fulfillment crap that sees Atlanta enriching its biggest rivals and not even getting real assets back.  That whole discussion from Golliver was about just wanting to see teams stock up stars.  At least the other guy put together his theoretical deal in a more realistic light - Beal, Gortat and picks for Boogie.  At least there was some consideration as to what the Kings might get.

So you're saying to support my self-ban?  Typical.

IIUC, Golliver is (or at least was) the guy in charge of putting together the player ranking stuff for them.  He was on NBARadio defending his rankings.  The hosts disagreed with basically everything he said and Golly was clearly getting tired of defending himself.  He told the hosts he had to cut the interview short because he had a dentist appointment to go to.  This was last year.  Now every time they ask him to be on, he says he's on vacation. #CowardlyLyin

(Oh, that's a good hashtag.  Patting myself on the back.)

Horford is going to help Boston but it's not going to be in the ways that have been touted. He mainly will with his passing as his good perimeter defense for a big man isn't as needed on Boston as they don't start a slow footed Kyle Korver.

The defensive scheme for the Hawks is going to have to be adjusted some. They can't have Howard playing perimeter defense much at all, while it's not like he can totally avoid it, if he's playing a lot of perimeter defense he's going to pick up cheap fouls as he can't move his feet quick enough. There is a way to just go to straight up defense but as long as Bud is coaching and Kyle is playing at least 25 minutes a game it will not happen.