• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Schröder's Way Too Greasy Spoon

lethalweapon3

• Moderators

I can say that this is nowhere near as awful as some of the fly-by-night restaurants around town, and especially some of our tried-and-true holes-in-the-wall (check out the weekly roach-infested drama-fest that is Gladys Knight's Chicken and Waffles... if you dare!). But, hey, somebody hanging a 42 on you is not a good look, on or off the hardwood.

http://www.ajc.com/news/local/flies-grease-and-debris-reported-hawks-point-guard-lounge/P6VPa5M2kMSWTh3gu4gyoJ/

A lounge that Hawks point guard Dennis Schröder opened failed a recent health inspection, with officials noting "heavy fruit flies and fly activity in the main kitchen."

The DS17 Lounge, located at 2285 Peachtree Road NE, scored a 42/U following the Wednesday evaluation. 

According to the report, there was "heavy grease and food debris on [the] walls in the kitchen." 

Officials also reported sinks without soap or paper towels and "trash, pots, pans [and] garbage bags outside" around the back door of the facility...

The report said "a legal notice was issued stating that the facility must correct all violations found during the inspection" by Nov. 12. Follow-up inspections are generally completed within 10 days of the original evaluation.

I haven't gone to review the place like I did Zaza's former spots, largely because the place where it's situated has had a rough history with prior eating establishments. Plus, I figured the Buckhead Illuminati would be hammering them with excessive code inspections and lousy reviews** once they figured out who was running the place. DS#17's already got staying power relative to its predecessors, but it won't be around long if health inspection scores like these keep propping up.

** The Yelp reviews actually ain't so bad! (So far!)

https://www.yelp.com/biz/the-ds17-lounge-atlanta

(11/2/2016 reviewer) There is also hookah for sale. Every time I've been I see the owner Dennis Schröder sitting in the back smoking one. He is ALWAYS there. Though I don't see him serving orders, it was nice to see him hands on with his bar instead of behaving like most young professional athletes do but that's neither here nor there.

~lw3

• Like 2

4. Terrible Food and Service
The food was stale and undercooked. We ordered mainly appetizers. Had a peek into the kitchen (thanks to a waiter on his way out) I must warn you that I have seen garbage dumps that are cleaner than that. Hookahs are another way for them to scam their customers.

ooooh

giphy.gif

• Like 1

4 hours ago, capstone21 said:

I wonder who talked a 22 year old kid with FU money into opening a restaurant ..

Easiest path to obtaining a Green Card through Investments.

Entrepreneurs (and their spouses and unmarried children under 21) who make an investment in a commercial enterprise in the United States and who plan to create or preserve ten permanent full time jobs for qualified United States workers, are eligible to apply for a green card (permanent residence).

Up to 10,000 visas may be authorized each fiscal year for eligible entrepreneurs.

You must invest $1,000,000, or at least $500,000 in a targeted employment area (high unemployment or rural area).  In return, USCIS may grant conditional permanent residence to the individual