• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Over Reactors.....

Diesel

Bud has shown that he has a very well thought out plan. It's just a question of whether it works.

He knew the Hawks needed more size, but wanted to keep the aspects of the offense that he's been running. So I think he sold Howard on being the major piece of a playoff team because of his rebounding and rim protecting ability, and offense second. And Mike Muscala has become Al Horford "lite" in which he shoots threes and is an unselfish passing big man. At this point, I'd rather see Muscala than Splitter.

When Muscala is in, it's last year and 14/15's offense.

And they knew it wasn't practical to keep both point guards, so they traded one of them for an asset and picked up an Euroleague guard that has shown shades of being a good scorer and passer.

Edited by Lurker
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Diesel said:

It's funny to see the threads on here.  Amnesty Baze.  Break this team up.  This team won't make the playoffs.  Then we beat the Legendary Cavs and ensure that they won't go 82 and 0...   and we get a DJ Khalid.... We the Best!!!

For Posterity, let' s just say, it will take some time for us to fully gel.  Sap has to learn how to play with D8 and D8 has to learn to play with Sap.  We have to learn to be effective with and Without Korver and THJr and Musky has to find their place in the building.   However, it's hard not to feel good about where we're going.

Let's go Hawks!!

I was wrong about Baze. This team will go far if this team continues to play with a chip on their shoulder.

In the chat the overreacting is even much much more and the insane shit written over there is why I'll avoid the chat for a while. Some people seem to be really angry about whatever in their lifes and need some place to vent their anger...

• Like 2

But, But, But Diesel, come on man.

Everyone knows that Atlanta traded away their starting PG, an all star, no less, for a draft pick.

This draft pick isn't a PG and plays very little.

Hawks had an all star center and let him escape to Boston and their elite fans because the fans

here didn't appreciate him enough.

They signed and old man, injury prone, a has been, to replace their elite all star.

We had Jarrett Jack as a back up PG, recovering from injuries and foolishly released him and

replaced him with some guy from over seas that no one had ever heard of.  Gee whiz!

Bud lost one of his best assistant coaches and we all know he can't get anywhere without him.

Add to all this, we find at least one of the "experts" that write for ESPN said that the Hawks were

lottery bound this season, in a complete tear down and rebuild season.  If all this wasn't good enough,

Sir Charles Barkley stated, without hesitation, "The Hawks will not make the playoffs this season."

Diesel, what more proof do you need?

By the way, someone needs to tell this Hawk team to quit this being silly, beating up on these good

NBA teams, and follow the script.  You know what you're doing now is "The Impossible Dream!"

OUR VERY OWN LOTTERY BOUND HAWKS !! - -- :applause:

• Like 2

Dwight, Moose and Thabo are all shooting over sixty percent this year. Its only been eight games so I'm obviously over reacting feeling so confident about the Hawks prospects this season. Only consistent negative are turnovers for me and I'm counting on Bud to help us clean that up at least somewhat. Sure is nice to have that depth!  

1. It's obvious Paul and D8 haven't figured out how to play well together.  As someone else posted the other day, their +/- is -2 with both on the court but are significantly higher for each when on their own.  That should improve over time.

2. Hawks are 29th in the NBA in TO / Game at 17.6 and 28th in TO% as 15.8% of all possession end in a TO.  The only teams worse are Denver (TO/G) and Phi / Hou (TO%).  Again, it seems reasonable to expect that to improve as Sap and D8 (and DS17 and D*) get more comfortable together.

3. Hawks are 9th in the NBA in Offensive efficiency DESPITE the above two points.  They average 106.1 pts / 100 possessions. 

4. Hawks are 6-2 on the season while beating Cleveland, Chicago, and Houston (all quality teams).

Given the above, I'm not sure what there is to be concerned about?  I'm equally unsure why anyone would NOT be really excited about the prospects of this team.  As the TOs go down, the Offensive Efficiency should continue to go up.  The FG% may drop some over time but Hawks could still end up top 5 in offensive efficiency. 

Defensively, the Hawks are already top 3 and rank 2nd in the NBA in Net Rating. 

Also, of particular interest to a lot of us, the Hawks rank 3rd in the NBA in Reb Differential at +6.8 per game.  Last year they were 28th at -4.4.  That's an improvement of 11.2 per game.  Just makes a HUGE difference. 

Fun times ahead folks. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, rd79 said:

In the chat the overreacting is even much much more and the insane shit written over there is why I'll avoid the chat for a while. Some people seem to be really angry about whatever in their lifes and need some place to vent their anger...

Well, that's kinda the purpose of chat.  Visceral, in-game reactions that no one takes seriously and there's no transcript so no one has to answer for any of it.  If you take any of that nonsense with any level of seriousness then you're doing chat wrong.

No way one can overreact enough after last game vs CLE, because even if we had lost it in the second half, it showed that we found a way to stick it to them and not get sticken to much on our own. There whas a reason we had a 11 game losing streak and it didnt look like any of that that game. It whas something completely new and cause for allot of optimism.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I said Dennis was not a starting PG in an earlier post.   I overreacted.  The kid is a bit undisciplined at times but the kid has heart.      I can tell he wants to be a better player and that goes a long way with me. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, rd79 said:

I actually don't mind the chat overreaction since it's instantaneous and it's live.  Even those who only pop in when we are trailing - they are the most comical.