• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Suns

lethalweapon3

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

Ha! Ha!  Ha!

The Suns thought they could lose another game but we fooled

them.  They were playing the helpless and hopeless Hawks!

Didn't they know?  We're lottery bound !!

:agree:

That's starting to feel not sarcastic anymore. 

• Like 4

I mean its going to come back to the same ol thing with the NBA, look at the players these other teams have, we dont have any of the elite ones, we made a nice push and overachieved without all that talent, the hope I think here is the long play that Dwight will help bring some other talent in, and were just kind of coasting now.  Im all for just letting this play out and get a nice pick in the draft and hopefully get an elite talent in FA we should have more than enough cash.  IT seems this may actually be a rebuild/hard transition more so than just shifting from our old identity, and as shitty as that is, we may need to accept it,  we just dont have the players, these guys arent rooks 

1 hour ago, Sothron said:

To be fair, there have been several posters including myself that have wanted Korver moved to a bench role for at least the last two seasons.

Korver technically started, but he only played 16 minutes.  That's bench player minutes in my opinion.

8 hours ago, Spud2Nique said:

Tough loss for us. Watched it on delay and just finished. Can't really put my finger on what we are doing wrong. I didn't like the few lazy plays by Dwight. We aren't playing Hawks ball and haven't for the last couple of weeks. The ball needs to whip around and it hasn't been. Each player isolates himself into a one on one situation and either tries to break his man down or shoots a contested jump shot. Whether it's Dennis, Baze, Thabo or anyone else, I don't want to see that anymore. I don't mind high pick n rolls but swing it after and get everyone involved and TRUST YOUR TEAMMATES!!!

It's up to Bud to see to it that the team executes on the ball movement issue.  Unfortunately, we do not have good passers now, and our pick setting has been less than inspiring also.

Well Dwight tried some fancy passing...plz Dwight dont do that any more.

Also officiating sucked again. In many of our late losses it did. Specially late game. Also the Howard/Len rebound situation whas nothing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

I've got nothing against the guy but Moose can't be our first guy off the bench.   He's been really solid this season but we need more than solid.   

Moose has overachieved in the early part of the season, but has returned to normal lately.  We need more than 3 rebounds and zero points in 31 minutes, from the starting PF.  Humphries should have gotten a lot of the minutes given to Moose last night.

• Like 2

• Moderators

This has been a god awful stretch but there is good news.   We're still 10-9.   There is no distance between us and anybody in the east except the Cavs and Raps.   We're coming back home.   Baze is showing signs of playing better, Tim is showing signs of stepping up, Dennis is getting better.   We need Sap to step up.  We need Prince to get minutes and improve.   So we have hope.   

Honestly i'd shorten the rotation.   i'd start tim/baze and bring prince and korver off the bench.   Frontcourt i'd work in just Humpf and Scott.   That's still a 10 man rotation.   It means benching Thabo and Moose for a bit but it puts guys in who are more of offensive threats and more physical.   

4 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

This has been a god awful stretch but there is good news.   We're still 10-9.   There is no distance between us and anybody in the east except the Cavs and Raps.   We're coming back home.   Baze is showing signs of playing better, Tim is showing signs of stepping up, Dennis is getting better.   We need Sap to step up.  We need Prince to get minutes and improve.   So we have hope.   

Honestly i'd shorten the rotation.   i'd start tim/baze and bring prince and korver off the bench.   Frontcourt i'd work in just Humpf and Scott.   That's still a 10 man rotation.   It means benching Thabo and Moose for a bit but it puts guys in who are more of offensive threats and more physical.   

I like this but I'd swap Scott for Thabo.  If we're going to turnover the ball so freaking much, I'd love to have someone that can do the same to the other team.  He had 5 steals against the Suns and stopped a lot of the bleeding there last night.

I think Scott still needs to play his way back into the rotation - he wasn't looking good at all in the preseason.  Looked rusty last night too, but that's expected.  Sprinkle some situational minutes in for Moose when it's there.

1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

That's starting to feel not sarcastic anymore. 

Lmmfao...ya...now it's kinda starting to be absolutely true...I don't want to go back to the lottery....please no more...I've had enough of demarr Johnson Boris Diaw josh Childress Smoove Marvin Payne ac law salim stouda no lotto ever please lol

Our rookie, Prince, has played well.  Fearing that the Hawks might snatch

victory from the jaws of defeat, Bud left him on the bench!

Dwight Howard can claim a big part of the responsibility for this one.  He

had 6 of the 20 turnovers against the Suns.  He threw passes to no one.  They

went out of bounds.  After a Suns basket, he was so lazy that he couldn't even

step out of bounds to bring the ball in, therefore, another turnover.

20 turnovers - - too much - - 6 for a center, all star - too much - D8 did shock

everyone when he hit his only free throw.

Speaking of free throws, how many foulos did Atlanta have before the Suns

had their first one?

No joke.  No longer being sarcastic, just, more and more looking like - - -

OUR OWN LOTTERY BOUND ATL HAWKS !!

• Moderators
22 minutes ago, AUhawksfan said:

I like this but I'd swap Scott for Thabo.  If we're going to turnover the ball so freaking much, I'd love to have someone that can do the same to the other team.  He had 5 steals against the Suns and stopped a lot of the bleeding there last night.

I think Scott still needs to play his way back into the rotation - he wasn't looking good at all in the preseason.  Looked rusty last night too, but that's expected.  Sprinkle some situational minutes in for Moose when it's there.

I just have Scott coming in as a PF and I don't like Thabo there.   If Thabo is getting minutes then it's at the expense of Prince so I don't like that.    To me Thabo is a luxury that only works if your 2 guard is a great scorer.   If Tim can be that then Thabo next to him makes sense but there again I think i'd still rather see Prince.   

• Like 1

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

Our rookie, Prince, has played well.  Fearing that the Hawks might snatch

victory from the jaws of defeat, Bud left him on the bench!

Dwight Howard can claim a big part of the responsibility for this one.  He

had 6 of the 20 turnovers against the Suns.  He threw passes to no one.  They

went out of bounds.  After a Suns basket, he was so lazy that he couldn't even

step out of bounds to bring the ball in, therefore, another turnover.

20 turnovers - - too much - - 6 for a center, all star - too much - D8 did shock

everyone when he hit his only free throw.

Speaking of free throws, how many foulos did Atlanta have before the Suns

had their first one?

No joke.  No longer being sarcastic, just, more and more looking like - - -

OUR OWN LOTTERY BOUND ATL HAWKS !!

Don't give up GM!   We're coming back.   We have more than enough talent to compete in the middle of the east.   

1 minute ago, macdaddy said:

I just have Scott coming in as a PF and I don't like Thabo there.   If Thabo is getting minutes then it's at the expense of Prince so I don't like that.    To me Thabo is a luxury that only works if your 2 guard is a great scorer.   If Tim can be that then Thabo next to him makes sense but there again I think i'd still rather see Prince.   

Yup I agree. It kind of comes down to us needing more talent in certain spots. We have a lot of weapons like Thabo who can harass ball handlers and shooters but should never be dribbling around trying to get us into our sets. That's not his job. He's not a playmaker. 

Ps I love Moose as much as anyone but having him on the floor for so many key minutes makes me know that we are lacking talent at some spots out there on the floor.

Its super early and we are 10-9. If we are 10 games over .500 by the all star break, we should probably ride it out. But if we struggle, we might need some personnel changes.

1 hour ago, DS17Fanboy said:

Well Dwight tried some fancy passing...plz Dwight dont do that any more.

Also officiating sucked again. In many of our late losses it did. Specially late game. Also the Howard/Len rebound situation whas nothing.

You mean this? smh

dwerpthoward.0.gif

Then he had the audacity to look at Moose like 'why didn't you get it'  then compounded it by not getting back on defense.

3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

You mean this? smh

dwerpthoward.0.gif

Then he had the audacity to look at Moose like 'why didn't you get it'  then compounded it by not getting back on defense.

I'm still trying to give Dwight the benefit of the doubt but he really makes some out of this world stupid a$$ decisions on the court sometimes. Possibly off the court too who knows lol.

But please Dwight, leave ur point guard abilities for 2k. For us, just rebound, play defense and SET SOME WORTHY SCREENS DAMN..lol

2 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

I'm still trying to give Dwight the benefit of the doubt but he really makes some out of this world stupid a$$ decisions on the court sometimes. Possibly off the court too who knows lol.

But please Dwight, leave ur point guard abilities for 2k. For us, just rebound, play defense and SET SOME WORTHY SCREENS DAMN..lol

The out of bounds play turnover was also mindless.

I'm not gonna say it's a must win on Friday at home vs the Pistons but...it's a must win. If we lose to them, they go 11-10 while we would be at .500 10-10....can't have that I'm sorry.

Have another team meeting, players only, management only, Bud sittin alone with some plans and a brewsky...I don't give a damn. Let's just see some hustle and good play on Friday. This is bush league.

• Premium Member

Dwight should have made that pass. Look at the replay. Moose had two steps on the guy guarding him. A good bounce pass to hit him in stride would mean an easy layup for Moose. So I don't blame Dwight at all for trying to pass. His execution, however, deserves criticism.

• Like 1