• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: heat at Hawks

lethalweapon3

vor 7 Minuten, Hotlanta1981 sagte:

Still, a 4-19 shooting night in 3's. You can't continue to have an offense geared around 3pt shooting when you keep shooting this poorly.

Lol you're the most pessimistic guy ever. But I can't blame you because youre right. Still gotta appreciate the w.

Edit: saw you posted before about the w.

Edited by StephenHawking

I fully understand that Korver provides more than just good shooting, but also shooting and passing off of his attention but it just isn't fully there anymore. I watched him closely and even early in his stints he would work EXTREMELY hard...and fail to come even close to getting free to where he can really help the team most of the time. He did maybe close to half of the attempted times.

It doesn't mean he can't be a top role player but he should receive 6th man minutes (like 25 minutes per game) and most of his minutes vs backups.

• Like 1

What was the Dennis tech for in the third? Somehow I missed what that was all about.

And I am glad Timmy is alright but I was sort of thinking it might be a silver lining that we may get to see a good bit more Prince with THJ out for the knee issue. At least we will see him in the rotation more with Baze sitting another one out with his hurt knee.

2 hours ago, Garchelino said:

We need more shooting from the wings.

Much needed win. Monster game of Dwight with 23-17, 9/11 FG, 5/6 FT and 4 assists. Millsap had a quiet but nice all around game. Dennis close out was solid, he is playing more under control and is improving his decision making. I have doubts about SG position though Thabo should be SF starter. 

When Baze come back, he need to come off the bench. Hopefully he plays well there so Hawks can move him. Prince need those backup SF minutes.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Streak ended! Olivia is back.....mmmm.

batman nodding

I sees you, Bird.  I sees you.

Drunk-in-chat award also returns ... and the Budzy goes tooooo ....

@GameTime

Dude, go home.  Who's pants are you wearing?

Edited by kg01

Nice win by the Hawks.  Clearly Howard and Sap can coexist and it's only going to get better.  I think we will see a lot more games like this from Howard as the season progresses.

Hawks need to get their 3-pointers to fall.  This game would have been a blowout had they made just a few more.  

The team gets a bit of a break after Friday's game so hopefully they can use the time to get some rest but also hit the practice court and just work on running sets until they are 2nd nature.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Lurker said:

I fully understand that Korver provides more than just good shooting, but also shooting and passing off of his attention but it just isn't fully there anymore. I watched him closely and even early in his stints he would work EXTREMELY hard...and fail to come even close to getting free to where he can really help the team most of the time. He did maybe close to half of the attempted times.

It doesn't mean he can't be a top role player but he should receive 6th man minutes (like 25 minutes per game) and most of his minutes vs backups.

Really very accurate. Think the last two games have shown the most effective role for Kyle and hope those minutes are trimmed some. Keeping Tim on the floor at SG should be a priority but we'll see how Bud plays it with Baze in a couple of games. Breaking up Baze and Kyle on the floor at the same time has been a serious lift and should be pretty obvious to the staff. We have four guys at the wings who just fit in their new correct roles and play better than Baze right now. Saving face on that contract should not ever be a primary concern. 

1 hour ago, Trout7 said:

I have criticized Dennis a lot but he did look like he is improving last night.

He looked a lot more under control.  He also drove a lot but didn't force it, leading to better shots at the rim and not getting stuffed.

I keep forgetting how young he is but hopefully this is a step in the right direction.  HIs shot is looking better too the past several games.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Trout7 said:

I have criticized Dennis a lot but he did look like he is improving last night.

1 minute ago, AUhawksfan said:

He looked a lot more under control.  He also drove a lot but didn't force it, leading to better shots at the rim and not getting stuffed.

I keep forgetting how young he is but hopefully this is a step in the right direction.  HIs shot is looking better too the past several games.

He's growing which is nice to see and is something we should expect.  He was actually directing action last night which not only included getting his but also was directing the guy who set the pick when he ended up with a favorable matchup.  Set Sap up for quite a few easy post-ups.