• Moderators

Go on and give us the bad news, LaChina!

I'm not miffed by this at all, certainly not after her peer, the Mercury's Diana Taurasi took a season off. I would've rather she sat out her foreign duties, but as we all know, that's where the real $$$$ is.

I also wish Michael Cooper had found a means to shave down Angel's minutes in the past couple seasons (30.0 MPG last season, same as 2015, down from 31.0 in 2014). He really would have been able to in 2017 given the emergence of Bria Holmes. Damiris Dantas also rested all of this season and ought to be ready to make big steps up alongside Holmes and Elizabeth Williams (WNBA Most Improved 2016) next season.

The wild card is how healthy Sancho Lyttle will be and if she remains part of the frontcourt mix, at least until Angel returns. The press release leaves just a tiny crack of possibility that she might return later in the year.

Attendance is going to take a hit anyway with the (temporary?) move to Tech, so Angel's absence isn't going to hamper things any more. They cannot afford to tank, however, and sustain a fanbase, so the pressure is on Coach Coop to drum up a competitive squad from the jump.

~lw3

• 3 weeks later...