• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Stockpile of Picks = Blockbuster move?

ThomasCredle

If you are expecting a blockbuster from this front office you will are in for a let down. They have really done nothing to improve this team since Carol left. If they are chasing the Cavs, they end up like every SEC school chasing Nick Saban and firing coaches to try and catch lightning in a bottle.

Just now, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Grabbing Dwight Howard was a major attempt in trying to catch the Cavs.  He's brought exactly what this team needed in the middle.  It's not his fault that Baze and Korver were inconsistent as hell.

Howard is having his best season in 5 years.

22.5 PER

.200 Win Score/48

64% FG

If Baze and Korver just played like their normal selves throughout the year, we'd be 24 - 12 right now and 1/2 game out of 2nd place.  And there would be no talk of, or no trade action indicating that we might blow everything up.

If only BudCox could trade Baze for a disgruntled, but good player, that would be the icing on the cake.

What player do you have in mind for Baze?

17 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

What player do you have in mind for Baze?

It would have to be for one of the big men in Philly ( Okafor or Noel ) . . . with a throw in ( like a Gerald Henderson, who will make a sickening 9 million this year and next year ).   If the Hawks acquired Henderson, I wouldn't even play the dude, unless it was an emergency.

As inconsistent as Baze is, he'd instantly become the 2nd best player in Philly, behind Joel Embiid.  He'd also get the freedom to do whatever he wanted offensively, while being their best perimeter defender.  He'll be crushed being traded to Philly, but might flourish there in a bigger role.  And when they get Ben Simmons back ( maybe at the end of this season, but definitely by next year ), the Philly squad might be worth a little something.

PG - Rodriguez ( or free agent )

SG - Bazemore

SF - Simmons

PF - Okafor

C - Embiid

With the salary cap going up, Philly has to spend a certain amount of money to get to the Salary Cap floor.   Instead of paying Gerald Henderson and Jarryd Bayless 9 mill apiece, they could pay Baze that money, who will have more upside than either of those guys.  That's how I would sell it to Philly.

Baze + 1st round pick from Cavs

for Noel + Henderson

• Moderators
I Like Noel. Nice fit behind DH and Sap. But you have to mention, that he'll be UFA after the season too.. 

I like Noel too. He'd be nice to have as Millsap insurance, but it does keep him on the bench. He's not gonna want to be a bench player for much longer. I also like when we play Moose with D8 and Noel would reduce that.

I like the proposed trade above, too. Bazemore for Noel. Then give Timmy those minutes at the 2 and Sef at the 3. Gives Prince room to grow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, 615Hawk said:

They have really done nothing to improve this team since Carol left.

So you don't appreciate the play of Dwight this year or just hate rebounding in general? Remembering the problems we had against the Cavs in the playoffs last year says something improved. Kris outplayed Al then and for millions less in salary.   

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Thomas said:

So you don't appreciate the play of Dwight this year or just hate rebounding in general? Remembering the problems we had against the Cavs in the playoffs last year says something improved. Kris outplayed Al then and for millions less in salary.   

I appreciate the play of Howard but you can't tell me this team is better. The Howard move was out of desperation. They didn't get better with that move imo. The record and eye test shows that. 

2 hours ago, 615Hawk said:

I appreciate the play of Howard but you can't tell me this team is better. The Howard move was out of desperation. They didn't get better with that move imo. The record and eye test shows that. 

More that I believe topping the Cavs is indeed the goal of everyone in the East and is the last door to see the finals. I do indeed believe we are better equipped for the playoffs. The Howard move was because of Tristan abusing us in the paint with Al vanishing and the Cavs were awarded second shots over and over. Don't see it as desperation but an attempt to improve our chances in the playoffs. Take a peek at the boxscore below for some confirmation. 

I should add I'm basing a lot on Sap being available for the playoffs for us along side Dwight.

http://www.espn.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=400899550

Stop all this Noel talk please.  A baby Milsap?  Maybe true if this baby were still in the womb and hasn't discovered what offense was.

3 hours ago, Alex said:

Stop all this Noel talk please.  A baby Milsap?  Maybe true if this baby were still in the womb and hasn't discovered what offense was.

Last night vs the Celtics

Noel has only played in 9 games and 117 total minutes ( 13 minutes a game ).

In that time frame, he's averaging 7 pts, 3 rebs, 1 stl, and 1 blk . . . while shooting 64% FG and 90% FT

Doesn't sound like much, until you look at his Per 36 numbers

20 ppg - 8.3 rebs - 2.5 stls - 2.2 blks

He also has a PER of 26.2 and a WS 48 of .249 . . . . by FAR the best on the Sixers.

He's a victim of being injured . . . not being a potential superstar like Joel Embiid . . . and playing behind Okafor, who has more offensive skills, but his a HORRIBLE defender.  If fact, Okafor may not be a better player than Noel . . . and Noel KNOWS this, which is why he's making so much noise about his playing time.

In that clip last night, Okafor got a DNP ( don't know why ).  But Noel definitely balled in his absence, along with Gerald Henderson ( surprise ).

Defense has always been Noel's specialty.  But his offense is now starting to blossom.  Get him out of Philly and onto a REAL team in which he can contribute, and he will flourish.  Bring him to ATL, and give him part of Moose's minutes and all of Humphries.   Surely we can find 16 minutes a game for him right now, while extending his minutes when he plays well.   He just doesn't want to rot on the bench.  He wants to play and show his skills.

2 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

In that time frame, he's averaging 7 pts, 3 rebs, 1 stl, and 1 blk . . . while shooting 64% FG and 90% FT

He also has a PER of 26.2 and a WS 48 of .249 . . . . by FAR the best on the Sixers.

He's a victim of being injured . . . not being a potential superstar like Joel Embiid . . . and playing behind Okafor, who has more offensive skills, but his a HORRIBLE defender.  If fact, Okafor may not be a better player than Noel . . . and Noel KNOWS this, which is why he's making so much noise about his playing time.

In that clip last night, Okafor got a DNP ( don't know why ).  But Noel definitely balled in his absence, along with Gerald Henderson ( surprise ).

Defense has always been Noel's specialty.  But his offense is now starting to blossom.  Get him out of Philly and onto a REAL team in which he can contribute, and he will flourish.  Bring him to ATL, and give him part of Moose's minutes and all of Humphries.   Surely we can find 16 minutes a game for him right now, while extending his minutes when he plays well.   He just doesn't want to rot on the bench.  He wants to play and show his skills.

But what about his pending free agency? Would we resign Noel?

1 minute ago, TheFuzz said:

He's a RFA I'm pretty sure, we'd have control over him.

Yup...I'm saying do we keep him then or sign n trade?

12 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Noel Dennis Prince and Dwight on D is scary!