• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Stockpile of Picks = Blockbuster move?

ThomasCredle

So it doesn't sounds like Dwight will be part of any "blockbuster trade"...

– via ESPN

Honestly I fnid that  really hard to believe. He has been a beast for us this season. Maybe it's just his rep and people aren't watching the games or even looking at box scores. Either way, I'm fine with other team not wanting him because I want him here.

Edited by LamarHampton
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

But what about his pending free agency? Would we resign Noel?

The question is . . . why wouldn't we resign Noel, especially if can be an asset to the team?   He's insurance in case we decide the asking price of Millsap is too high.  And he's a RFA, so we have the right to match any offer.

See, I'm not a fan of getting attached to players who don't help us.  If we had the opportunity to get out from under Baze's contract with a Noel + Henderson trade, I'm all for that.

I think the Hawks need to find a young talent that people are either overlooking, or misusing.  They thought they could cultivate Baze into a top 10 SG, but he's regressed so much that I don't know if that will happen.  

58 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

But what about his pending free agency? Would we resign Noel?

He will be a Restricted  Free Agent, o we can match  any offer another team makes.

His max starts at $25.5 million.

vor 8 Minuten, JayBirdHawk sagte:

He will be a Restricted  Free Agent, o we can match  any offer another team makes.

Dont think he's an Max Player.. More like Baze/Dennis Type of contract.. You have to mention his injury history.. Maybe a 15/Year 2+1 (Team) Contract? :-)

Problem ist that many Teams will offer him more :D

Edited by andpau

14 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Ya I know I was just wondering if we would resign him or do a sign and trade in the summer for him if we even get him.

Just now, Sothron said:

We really need the Wolves to make the playoffs. I say not just as a Wolf fan. I wish we could do a Millsap for Levine trade.

Sign me up. I think the Wolves are dumb as hell if they don't trade one of their young dudes for vet. They need a quality veteran presence like a Sap. They aren't the smartest franchise which is why they haven't sniffed the playoffs in 14 years.

17 minutes ago, andpau said:

Dont think he's an Max Player.. More like Baze/Dennis Type of contract.. You have to mention his injury history.. Maybe a 15/Year 2+1 (Team) Contract? :-)

Problem ist that many Teams will offer him more :D

I don't either, but some team with capspace MAY offer  it to him.  A team like Brooklyn with no picks looking  for  young talent. And as usual, bigs get more money.

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

Sign me up. I think the Wolves are dumb as hell if they don't trade one of their young dudes for vet. They need a quality veteran presence like a Sap. They aren't the smartest franchise which is why they haven't sniffed the playoffs in 14 years.

You do realize the maniac that ruined the team for years is responsible for most of that, I hope. The Wolves right now have too many young guys and too many score first players. I absolutely think they should move Lavine or Wiggins for Millsap and move KAT back to center. Dieng should be moved as well.

22 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Noel and Dwight couldn't play together...Noel is a center. He doesn't have any range to be a 4.

Howard and Noel could definitely co-exist, mainly because Howard isn't the offensive focal point of the offense.  He sets screens, rolls to the hole, and doesn't get the ball in the post nearly enough.   And as of right now, Noel could get most of his playing time with Dwight off the floor, if need be.

From a defensive standpoint, he'd be a great fit alongside Howard.  The kid moves very well defensively and really reminds me of Millsap with how active he is.   That play last night where he helps out to cover the guard at the top of the key, but then hustles back to block Horford's lay up, was a Millsap-like play.

At one time in the NBA, range for an NBA 4 was 18 - 20 feet.  That allowed post scoring centers to play strictly around the rim, while the PF alternated from post to midrange jumpers.

From what I can see, I think Noel can develop his midrange jumper to the point where he can become around 35% - 40% shooter from that range, if he works really hard at it. 

He's currently in the high 20s, low 30s ( Josh Smith like ).   But even Josh got his midrange shooting up over 40% one season.  Had he'd been satisfied with that, instead of trying to extend his range, he might still be in the league right now.   But then again, these new age coaches don't value the midrange shot, and would rather guys shoot 30% from 3, than 40% from the midrange and not take 3s.  That's why we have so many schizophrenic shooters in the league right now.

Push comes to shove I'd do Sap for Noel straight up. Maybe include our unprotected 2017 pick for the Lakers pick.

One things for certain, whoever plays sf and sg have to be 40% and above 3 point shooters. Philly could really round out their roster for what Millsap could net them.