• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Atlanta sports is some bullsh*t

NBASupes

4 hours ago, capstone21 said:

I think sudden death in football is asinine.... a game is decided by a coin flip ... horrible rule ... nothing to do with Falcons losing ... just saying that is a horrible rule

Sudden death is really stupid in a game where a posession means that much.
Sudden death is only useful for sports where possession changes often (so not football) and the chance for an instand score is low (so not basketball, handball, volleyball... ans somehow baseball too) that only leaves hockey and soccer (but not accepted in Europe) as suitable sudden death sports.

The main problem is, that Americans seem to dislike the concept of a draw. It's all about winning. To avoid overtime execesses in regular season there is that stupid sudden death rule.

Just let them draw in football without overtime in regular season and then give them complete 15min for overtime in playoff games.

Edited by rd79
  • Like 1

But nevertheless they eventually lost this game when they fell back from field goal distance on their drive with 4:40 to go and had to punt. Afterwards you always know better, but they would have won the game if they kicked for a field goal on their 1st or 2nd try. Seems insane to kick on 1st or 2nd down, but wouldn't this have been the correct choice? Ensure it to becomes a two score game again?

Edit: they could have used downs 1 to 3 to run the clock down further before kicking...

Edited by rd79
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, gonzo said:

Well they lost, but havent 20ish other teams failed to even make the superbowl? And hawks are pretty much always in the postseason. Dont know about baseball or hockey, but to me this looks quite successfull.

This isn't the Bundesliga where Hurta Berlin finishing 2nd is just amazing. This shit sucks, nothing else to it

vor 1 Minute, NBASupes sagte:

This isn't the Bundesliga where Hurta Berlin finishing 2nd is just amazing. This shit sucks, nothing else to it

I know that this isnt bundesliga, but is everything bad if you lose a final? Of course you prefer winning but you should still acknowledge the great season.

1 minute ago, Sothron said:

I won't lie, that hurt so much that I don't know if I can even continue to watch any sports.

Buck up, soth.  I feel you, for sure.  I'd suggest taking a break.  As much as I claim to not be a Failcons fan, I have been watching them play since the mid-80's so ... now don't tell anybody, but I still hurt when they lose.

I think a fine playoff showing from the Hawks will soothe the wounds quite a bit.  It's a long process though.

Well in this case, yes it is worse than not getting there at all. Those 20-something teams are laughing their ASSES off at us right now. If I saw the Saints lose a game like this, you'd have to surgically remove the smile off of my face this week so you can only imagine what they're thinking at this moment. Acknowledging the great season is what the Braves used to do after blowing one playoff series after another while complaining about the fans demanding more than division titles. You see how far that got them once the postseason losses began to pile up. 

There is absolutely, positively NO bright side to blowing a 25-point lead in the second half of the Super Bowl. Unlike the NBA where if you have (insert superstar here), you're in serious title contention every year, there is no 'we'll get 'em next time' in the NFL, where no team in the salary cap era has returned to the Super Bowl the following year after losing it.

Give me a blowout loss any day over a loss like this... 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, gonzo said:

I know that this isnt bundesliga, but is everything bad if you lose a final? Of course you prefer winning but you should still acknowledge the great season.

The difference is, there are lots of things to compete for in european sports.

Example Bundesliga:

1st - Championship
2nd-3th - Qualification for Champions League
4th - Opportunitiy to qualify for CL 
5th-6th - Qualification for Euro League
7th-15th - fight for 6th place or fight to avoid relegation
16th - still a chance to avoid relegation 
17th-18th loosers, say goodby to first class competion (and TV money as well)

And since relegation can ruin clubs forever, there is a lot to fight and cheer for in "Abstiegskampf" fight (against) relegation

In America it's only Champ, Playoffs and maybe Draftpick.

It seems for Americans the 2nd is the first loser - and this fits due to playoff system, 2nd lost the big game. While climbing to 4th place in the Bundesliga on the last game is happy as shit because you achieved something in the last game. If you lose the Super Bowl you are just the loser of one of the biggest sports events on this planet.

Edited by rd79
  • Like 4

14 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I won't lie, that hurt so much that I don't know if I can even continue to watch any sports.

I'll give you a key bit of advice here Soth. DO NOT...and I mean DO NOT..watch ESPN for a month...at least a week..those fuckers are based in Connecticut and love the piece of shit Boston teams and are prolly gloating about it right now. Smh.

Well its the problem about the american sports system then. They could make a championsleague they could do relegations, but since money is everything they wont do it. Way easier to call all their winners world champions anyways:D.

My team got relegated last season and if we dont climb up again this year, we might be stuck there for a long time. But i wouldnt cry about it. In the end of the day its just sports.

• Like 1