• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Atlanta sports is some bullsh*t

NBASupes

• Premium Member

I hate that Alex Mack playing the entire game with a BROKEN LEG will never be mentioned when this game is inevitably brought up in EVERY SUPER BOWL forever when one team gets a double digit lead in the game. It isn't right. Just not right.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Sothron said:

I hate that Alex Mack playing the entire game with a BROKEN LEG will never be mentioned when this game is inevitably brought up in EVERY SUPER BOWL forever when one team gets a double digit lead in the game. It isn't right. Just not right.

Incredible Warrior. Certainly changed our offensive fortunes in the outcome of thirteen winning games this season. Going to try and remember beating Green Bay twice in one season moving forward, quite the feat. Wouldn't have happened without Mack no doubt. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
I think sudden death in football is asinine.... a game is decided by a coin flip ... horrible rule ... nothing to do with Falcons losing ... just saying that is a horrible rule

I agree with the rule for the regular season but come playoffs, rule should be changed to playing an entire 15 minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After some thought, I think I've pinpointed the one main reason for the collapse. Unfortunately it has to do with an injury (Alex Mack's in fact).

I've said this more with Georgia football but it applies here too. You can never be one dimensional on offense with either the run or pass. I complained about how Georgia refused to embrace their identity on offense as a zone running offense. However, just because you aren't able to be a good power run offense, it doesn't mean you can get away with not at least showing the power run.

Unlike Georgia, the Falcons embraced this. They were a good zone run offense, but it didn't mean they didn't show the power run.

At halftime NE realized that the Falcons were not going to at least show them the power run because of Mack's injury.  The outside stretch zone runs were focused on in the second half and outside of maybe two plays the run game was closed down on.

There were other plays, but not even being able to even show the power run just a few times to try to protect an injury is going to be discovered.