• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks Current Draft and Stash Players

Can any of our Squawk brethren across the pond give us an update on these 3 guys?

Drafted 2016 - Isais Cordinier (20 yrs)

Drafted 2015 - Dimitrios Agravanis (22 yrs)

Drafted 2015 - Marcus Eriksson (23 yrs)

We will never forget these name:

2009 - Sergii Gladyr (28)

2005 - Cenk Ankyol (29)

Why do we still hold rights to these guys?

Alain Digbeu (41) and Augusto Binelli (52)

I have been checking in on Marcus Eriksson periodically. I had high hopes for the guy because he was so young, 6'7", and was hitting threes at a 50% clip, which is nuts. Of course he tore his ACL and meniscus before the Hawks drafted him, and to put it gently, he has not fully recovered. Not anywhere near his production from before we drafted him. I keep holding out hope, but save yourself some trouble and just put him on the back burner for awhile longer. No need to consider him any kind of real asset at this point. May have just been a flash in the pan. Hopefully he gets his stroke back, but it ain't there now, that's for sure.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
7 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Bring him over and assign him to the Hawks D-League.

That's what I'm saying...here we keep a closer eye on him....although I know the euro scouting and coaching is great overseas but still...bring him in and let BUD perform surgery on him and make him our Manu!!! :-)

4 hours ago, LamarHampton said:

Can you imagine trying to see the rim around the big mushroom afro of Bembry or Cordinier?? Calculated  defensive advantage.

DAAAAAAAAAA fro's.

• Like 1

On 3/15/2017 at 5:00 PM, Spud2Nique said:

That's what I'm saying...here we keep a closer eye on him

Think its that age old adage that they won't be willing to start his rookie contract with him not able to contribute for at least a couple of years. 

1 hour ago, Thomas said:

Think its that age old adage that they won't be willing to start his rookie contract with him not able to contribute for at least a couple of years. 

He will be signed to a D-League contract.  The new CBA has a provision for two way NBA/D-League contracts.  We can assign 2 players permanently that no other team can poach and I think we can have him play NBA games as well.

3 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

He will be signed to a D-League contract.  The new CBA has a provision for two way NBA/D-League contracts.  We can assign 2 players permanently that no other team can poach and I think we can have him play NBA games as well.

Would there then be a baseball-esque rookie provision then, number of games they can play and still be considered a rookie the next "full time" year?

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • Moderators

Olympiakos (Greek for, "Where Have You Gone, Josh Childress?") is entering its tenth Euroleague Final Four. Agravanis is a sub power forward playing behinds starters/stashees Georgie Pretzels (Hawks once got his rights w/ Thabo, traded it for Tiago) and Kostas Pumpernickel (ex-Nugget), or something like that. Olympiakos haven't used him for Greek league play, where they and second-seed rival Panathinaikos are each 25-1 and awaiting the playoffs.

In 22 Euroleague Games, Agravanis averaged 11 minutes per game, making 47.5% of his twos, 9-for-41 on 3s, and 18-for-22 on FTs. He has scored 3.8 PPG in those 11 minutes, averaged 2.3 RPG and doesn't get to pass the ball much (0.1 APG, 0.2 TOs per game). Probably one of his top games was scoring 16 points to top Red Star Belgrade (also known by their Wheel of Fortune nightmare name, Crvena Zvezda) by two points in OT in their house, helping the Red-Whites clinch homecourt advantage in Euroleague back in March.

http://basketball.eurobasket.com/team/Greece/Olympiacos-SFP-Pireus/93?Page=3

http://www.ekathimerini.com/217101/article/ekathimerini/sports/reds-win-in-serbia-suits-panathinaikos-too

~lw3

• Moderators

I have been selected the top basketball player in my bedroom, for this week. Similarly, Marcus Eriksson of FC Barcelona has been named by Euro-Basket as the top Swedish player in international ball a couple weeks ago. Here is what they had to say:

(May 7) This week's number one is former international shooting guard Marcus Eriksson (201-93, currently plays in Spain). He led FC Barcelona to a victory over one of league's weakest teams Sevilla (8-22) 89-72 in the Spanish Liga Endesa in Saturday night's game. Eriksson was MVP of the game. He recorded 18 points and added 3 assists in a mere 18 minutes on the court. FC Barcelona Lassa (20-9) is placed fourth in the Liga Endesa. There are only three games left until the end of the Regular Season. So now every game will be critical.

Liga Endesa is the sponsorship name for the "ACB" league in Spain. Eriksson plays backup small forward behind Stratosphere Pepperglue, or somesuch. The show in Barca belongs to Croatian Jazz stashee Ante Tomic. That center, now age 30, is probably never coming over the pond unless some Pero Antic-style action occurs. Other notable teammates include ex-Celtic Vitor Faverani, ex-Blazer Victor Claver, Mavs stashee Petteri Koponen, and Dwight's old Rocket teammate, Joey Dorsey. They finished 22-10 in ACB play and head into the playoffs as a 5-seed.

Spanish League averages for Eriksson: 6.9 PPG, 1.6 RPG, 1.1 APG, 64.4% on twos, 42-for-94 on threes, and 17-for-19 on freebies in 29 games. I suspect the Spanish word for defense is "Ole!" just from peeking at ACB stats, but the shot percentages are still nice. I don't know if the "Machine Gun Swede" nickname ("La Metralleta Sueca") has stuck, but I suppose he's earning it.

Barcelona didn't qualify for the playoffs in the Euroleague, 11th among 16 squads after going 12-18, and Eriksson wasn't of much help there. 9.8 minutes per game, 4-for-16 on twos, 12-for-34 on threes, 17-for-19 FTs. Ex-Grizzlie and longtime Barcelona star Juan Carlos Navarro has been out for a while after an appendectomy, causing Barca to rank last in Euroleague scoring.

You'll also recall Marcus played briefly and hit an open 3 (thanks to Alex Abrines getting lost on D) in a preseason friendly against the OKC Thunder back in October.

http://basketball.eurobasket.com/team/Spain/FC-Barcelona-Lassa/100?Page=3

http://www.eurobasket.com/Sweden/news/488909/Marcus-Eriksson-selected-the-top-Swedish-players-playing-abroad-in-last-week's-games

http://www.acb.com/redaccion.php?id=126329

If all goes well, we could be looking at The Next Marvin Williams! ;-)

~lw3