• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks Current Draft and Stash Players

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The draft and stash players are the forgotten assets of the Atlanta Hawks.  Sometimes we nay find we have a hidden jewel that can be useful, either as a player for us or someone to be added to a trade deal to sweeten it enough to make it come to pass.

:hi:

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
On 12/6/2019 at 8:21 AM, JayBirdHawk said:

Marcus Eriksson......Is there a possibility we try and bring this guy over next season. We could sure use his 3 point shooting.

This article was written before he signed his 4 year deal last season. I still cannot find any info on if he has an NBA buyout. He has 3 years left on his deal.

Marcus Eriksson Could Be Atlanta Hawks’ Next Shooter 03.23.2019

Atlanta Hawks stashed wing Marcus Eriksson led Gran Canaria to quite possibly the biggest triumph in the team’s maiden EuroLeague campaign. More importantly, his shooting virtues were on full display. It took just 17:24 minutes for Eriksson to score 24 points in what was a blowout win against Olympiacos Piraeus. The Swedish swingman shot six-out-of-ten...

https://bballwriters.com/hoops/europe/marcus-eriksson-could-be-atlanta-hawks-next-shooter/

3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

This article was written before he signed his 4 year deal last season. I still cannot find any info on if he has an NBA buyout. He has 3 years left on his deal.

https://bballwriters.com/hoops/europe/marcus-eriksson-could-be-atlanta-hawks-next-shooter/

This dude is David Anderson 2.0.

If he wanted this nba smoke, he'd be here by now.

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, kg01 said:

This dude is David Anderson 2.0.

If he wanted this nba smoke, he'd be here by now.

I don't think so - I think for most of these 2nd rounders, they actually make more money in Europe.

Davis Bertans was drafted in 2011, played his 1st NBA game in 2016 - 5 years to play in NBA.

Besides he had an ACL tear 2 years ago, so I think that set back his development and possibly coming over.  Quite possibly TS didn't want to bring him over 1 year after an ACL particularly when we were tanking.

Why come to America to bust my a$$ when I’m treated like a king 👑 in Spain 🇪🇸!

- one ☝🏽 Juan Carlos Navarro 

I SECOND THAT! 

-Fran Vasquez

DIVIRTAMONOS ESTA NOCHE!!! 🍷 🥳 

(paid for courtesy of the Orlando Magic)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I don't think so - I think for most of these 2nd rounders, they actually make more money in Europe.

Davis Bertans was drafted in 2011, played his 1st NBA game in 2016 - 5 years to play in NBA.

Besides he had an ACL tear 2 years ago, so I think that set back his development and possibly coming over.  Quite possibly TS didn't want to bring him over 1 year after an ACL particularly when we were tanking.

I've also heard him described as a shooter and absolutely nothing else.  *yawn*

• Moderators
23 hours ago, kg01 said:

I've also heard him described as a shooter and absolutely nothing else.  *yawn*

That is probably how Korver has been described his whole career.  Same for Steve Kerr, Terry Mills, BJ Armstrong, Anthony Morrow, etc.  These guys can be useful bench pieces for a good team.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, AHF said:

Terry Mills,

Loved this cat. Nephew of x Hawk John and cousin of one of my fav Hawks of all time Grant Long, aka the hired gun 💪🏾.

I dunno I always kinda liked the big boys who could fling from distance. Big Vic Alexander was another even though he was a Warrior’s player for most of his career.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, AHF said:

That is probably how Korver has been described his whole career.  Same for Steve Kerr, Terry Mills, BJ Armstrong, Anthony Morrow, etc.  These guys can be useful bench pieces for a good team.

You know how no one's described any of them dudes?  As a top "prospect" for any organization, which is how David Anderson 2.0 has been described for us.

That's my point.  I'm sure he could be ... something on an NBA floor.  I just wouldn't be overly gaga over him the way Veccine(sp?) was on his rundown.

I'll give you a little credit for sliding a Jacket on your rebuttal list though.  Thought you'd trip me up, huh? 😏

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, kg01 said:

You know how no one's described any of them dudes?  As a top "prospect" for any organization, which is how David Anderson 2.0 has been described for us.

That's my point.  I'm sure he could be ... something on an NBA floor.  I just wouldn't be overly gaga over him the way Veccine(sp?) was on his rundown.

I'll give you a little credit for sliding a Jacket on your rebuttal list though.  Thought you'd trip me up, huh? 😏

Who is describing Ericsson as a top prospect? It says 'Next Shooter'

• Like 1

• Moderators
11 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I have never seen anyone describe him as a top prospect.  He is a candidate to be a value add back of the roster addition.  If someone is comparing him to Tim Duncan or something feel free to disregard.  If you think of a candidate to be Morrow2.0 then you'll be in the same head space that I'm in.

30 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Who is describing Ericsson as a top prospect? It says 'Next Shooter'

23 minutes ago, AHF said:

I have never seen anyone describe him as a top prospect.  He is a candidate to be a value add back of the roster addition.  If someone is comparing him to Tim Duncan or something feel free to disregard.  If you think of a candidate to be Morrow2.0 then you'll be in the same head space that I'm in.

Pretty sure, in Veccine(sp?)'s latest piece of teams' young cores, he ranked him as our 5th best prospect.

Am I wrong on that?  If so, I'll happily blame someone else walk back my comments.

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Pretty sure, in Veccine(sp?)'s latest piece of teams' young cores, he ranked him as our 5th best prospect.

Am I wrong on that?  If so, I'll happily blame someone else walk back my comments.

Yep. So do the moonwalk all the way back. (The article was about guys on 'rookie scale contracts')

5.  De’Andre Hunter

6. Marcus Eriksson,

7. Bruno Fernando

8. DeAndre’ Bembry

33 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Yep. So do the moonwalk all the way back. (The article was about guys on 'rookie scale contracts')

5.  De’Andre Hunter

6. Marcus Eriksson,

7. Bruno Fernando

8. DeAndre’ Bembry

..... I was hacked.

😎

• Haha 2