• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Word on the block is Atlanta is working on a deal to trade for Paul George

NBASupes

18 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I haven't read every post on here but I'm afraid the Pacers can get a much higher 1st from other teams which is what they would want I think.   I'd still throwing everything i had at them.   PG would be a great fit for us. 

Now no but in June. I would agree. You have to think teams like Minnesota would be interested and wouldn't mind the cost for a rental. Best case for Atlanta is to barely make the playoffs. I am not sure. I would personally only be speculating.  I just simply don't know much. I am trying to reach out to others but no one is helpful.

6 minutes ago, AHF said:

f0b7609cb1bb382f12d43e048562dd94544005d1

Step 1 - Other teams end up with lopsided deals for potentially game changing talents.  Cue New Orleans fans cheering.

Step 2 - Hawks do nothing of any significance.

Step 3 - Hawks management gives variation number X+1 of WLOC speech.

I would say two. An upgrade at backup PG but does Bud want another short term deal?

• Premium Member

My reading I get the feeling some in the organization want to hold on to PG and some have given up hope and want to move him.  

Surely they could get more than what is to be said the Hawks are offering.

Man I been with this team from the 70s and nothing has ever been easy for this team except one transaction; the trade for Nique on draft day. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
35 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I would say two. An upgrade at backup PG but does Bud want another short term deal?

I'm a bit unclear what you mean by two.  If I was vague, let me clarify:  I wasn't proposing alternatives.  I think it is a three step process.

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, REHawksFan said:

nothing you are saying really points to having to do a deal this week.  They could value the draft and still make a deal over the summer for more picks. 

Maybe not having to do a deal this week... but...

3 hours ago, REHawksFan said:

Yes, they could still wait until after the season, but draft picks tend to become more and more valued psychologically as Christmas in June draws nearer.... definitely some reason for now instead of later.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

If he is traded. I like our chances if Boston is out of the picture.

The longer, the worse our assets could be. 

Makes some sense to think the whole market is waiting on Ainge right now, to me anyway. See what he's going to do, because it has the most substantial ripple effects to what multiple other teams might do.

If Melo's future gets back in play, then that will make for two things the whole market will await.

Then, assuming there is no movement on either of those fronts, I think NBA HQ gets hit with a flurry of trades in that very last hour before the deadline.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I don't like Okafor. If you aren't going to defend you need to be very good at scoring, rebounding and passing. He's only good at one of those.

Me either but I'm in desperation mode.  I'm talking @Spud2Nique and @Dolfan23 on a Friday night type-a desperate.  Well, before they found each other anyway.  Congrats, guys.

Shelburne(sp?, yes I'm too lazy to scroll up), makes a good point that the Cousins deal screwed up the market.  She twitted latter that the Nets have dropped their price to 1 1st for BlowPez instead of 2 1sts, for example.

As it is, JOkafor/Noel's prices have been depressed.  We should dangle some picks out there to see what team bites.  Teams like PHI are still pick-hungry.

21 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Me either but I'm in desperation mode.  I'm talking @Spud2Nique and @Dolfan23 on a Friday night type-a desperate.  Well, before they found each other anyway.  Congrats, guys.

Shelburne(sp?, yes I'm too lazy to scroll up), makes a good point that the Cousins deal screwed up the market.  She twitted latter that the Nets have dropped their price to 1 1st for BlowPez instead of 2 1sts, for example.

As it is, JOkafor/Noel's prices have been depressed.  We should dangle some picks out there to see what team bites.  Teams like PHI are still pick-hungry.

IMG_8933.GIF

6 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

lol I have no clue ...I post a Bruce Lee iconic scene and KG comes back with Telemundo programming at 3am!

I just made your life better by posting that.

CSB time: I had an assignment down in Miami near the Telemundo studios a coupla years ago.  Let's just say they do not have a talent deficit.