• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Word on the block is Atlanta is working on a deal to trade for Paul George

NBASupes

RealGM WiretapRealGM Wiretap

Pacers Not Considering Any Trade Offers For Paul George

FEB 21, 2017 7:51 PM

George_Paul_ind_151016.jpg

The Indiana Pacers will not consider any trade discussions involving Paul George, according to multiple sources.

The Pacers also don't plan on moving Jeff Teague or Myles Turner as they want to see how this core builds chemistry. Larry Bird would like the Pacers to re-sign Teague in the offseason.

Indiana's best asset is their own first round pick.

Although George said Friday on ESPN radio that he wants to lead the Pacers to their first NBA championship, he also has made it clear he wants to see the supporting players that Bird surrounds him with before making a decision.

“As I told Larry, I always want to play on a winning team,” George said on the program. He later added: “Man, I want a chance to play for a chance to win a championship.”

NATE TAYLOR/INDIANAPOLIS STAR

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, pimp said:

RealGM WiretapRealGM Wiretap

Pacers Not Considering Any Trade Offers For Paul George

FEB 21, 2017 7:51 PM

George_Paul_ind_151016.jpg

The Indiana Pacers will not consider any trade discussions involving Paul George, according to multiple sources.

The Pacers also don't plan on moving Jeff Teague or Myles Turner as they want to see how this core builds chemistry. Larry Bird would like the Pacers to re-sign Teague in the offseason.

Indiana's best asset is their own first round pick.

Although George said Friday on ESPN radio that he wants to lead the Pacers to their first NBA championship, he also has made it clear he wants to see the supporting players that Bird surrounds him with before making a decision.

“As I told Larry, I always want to play on a winning team,” George said on the program. He later added: “Man, I want a chance to play for a chance to win a championship.”

NATE TAYLOR/INDIANAPOLIS STAR

Good.

Sigh, none of these teams are worth a shit, we are all in the same boat, fking NBA is a shame it has come to this, not really anyones fault, just not enough difference making talent to move the needle like in other sports.  I think we are the closest playoff competitor to CLE in the East if we added George, compared to Indy keeping him, boston adding him or butler, not by much but its the best shot hes got, unless they think they can do something in the West with OKC or something.  The quality of this product is just not there.

I really dont know what Melos deal is, your competitve enough to stay this good for this long on a team that has no shot, but nobody can make up a deal to take him? It should not be that hard to get melo on a playoff EC team

Edited by hylndr11
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, hylndr11 said:

Sigh, none of these teams are worth a shit, we are all in the same boat, fking NBA is a shame it has come to this, not really anyones fault, just not enough difference making talent to move the needle like in other sports.  I think we are the closest playoff competitor to CLE in the East if we added George, compared to Indy keeping him, boston adding him or butler, not by much but its the best shot hes got, unless they think they can do something in the West with OKC or something.  The quality of this product is just not there.

I really dont know what Melos deal is, your competitve enough to stay this good for this long on a team that has no shot, but nobody can make up a deal to take him? It should not be that hard to get melo on a playoff EC team

Agree with every bit...this NBA era just do not have a lot of talent to move the needle. Cavs are or I should say Lebron will win the east as usual...old story nothing new has changed.

Edited by JTB
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, hylndr11 said:

Agree with your comments.  Contraction would do the NBA body more good than they're willing to admit.  Some of these "starters" aren't even NBA caliber.

On sMelo, that's a manifestation of the whole 'branding' thing where in his mind it's more beneficial to lose in NYK than win in MEM or SAS or even ATL.  It's like, if he retires as a 'Knick', it's a meaningful thing.  True "competitiveness" be d*mned.

10 minutes ago, hylndr11 said:

Boston, Indy, Toronto and Washington would take this team out easily.

• Like 1

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Agree with your comments.  Contraction would do the NBA body more good than they're willing to admit.  Some of these "starters" aren't even NBA caliber.

On sMelo, that's a manifestation of the whole 'branding' thing where in his mind it's more beneficial to lose in NYK than win in MEM or SAS or even ATL.  It's like, if he retires as a 'Knick', it's a meaningful thing.  True "competitiveness" be d*mned.

He wants more to be seen as a visionary businessman than a basketball champion.  I'm sure he shakes hands with lots of movers and shakers in NY and everyone blows smoke when they see him and his check book arrive for an investment pitch.

1 minute ago, AHF said:

He wants more to be seen as a visionary businessman than a basketball champion.  I'm sure he shakes hands with lots of movers and shakers in NY and everyone blows smoke when they see him and his check book arrive for an investment pitch.

I dont know what Melo has going on business wise, but I could argue moving to a city like ATL would not hurt him at all, especially on the business side, you can make waves here as a multi millionaire than in NY and move the needle more, in NY your dealing with billionaires by the dozens.  I just think he could keep some of his business interests going or in tact/pivot AND make a difference on a BB team.  I mean if ur such good freinds with Lebron, dont you want to beat him.  I dont know, I guess he just isnt competitive, but being the guy for that long and getting nowhere, I dont know how you are cool with that.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AHF said:

That's exactly what he said when he re-signed there 2 years or so ago.  Said he wanted to be a visionary and a 'taste-maker' or some other such nonsense.  It's why he started wearing all those ridiculous hats.  Of course, when that didn't take off, that trend kinda trailed off.

I imagine he does a lot of dinners and whatnot with guys reaching their hands in his pockets telling him, "Yesh, yesh, you can be the next Magic Johnson ..... so you still investing in the project, right?  Oh, ok, ok."

I do recall reading that he was involved in some venture capital company or w/e so I'm sure there are some legit business reasons to be there.  Still, like most of them dudes, they forget that the only reason they're there and not just some random, curiously tall UPS worker is because of basketball.  They treat it as secondary.  Like as if they would've been this rich regardless.

seems the only guy that wants to win is PG, at least as its being put out there between potential difference makers.  Nobody is going to give Pacers what they need though, without raping everything else, with Teague and George they need Sap and more.  I almost feel like teams should meld into sister teams or something to atleast make the playoffs decent for gamblers.  I dont know they need to change something and it has to be radical because there are not enough guys to go around , it will just be a few teams with 3 or 4 super stars

Unless we see a massive change (one kind of happened last year), we're on a collision course to a more embarrassing series than the Orlando series that had 2 massive blowouts. At least both Cleveland series only had one that was massive, this one had 2 and had 2 other blowouts.

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, hylndr11 said:

seems the only guy that wants to win is PG, at least as its being put out there between potential difference makers.  Nobody is going to give Pacers what they need though, without raping everything else, with Teague and George they need Sap and more.  I almost feel like teams should meld into sister teams or something to atleast make the playoffs decent for gamblers.  I dont know they need to change something and it has to be radical because there are not enough guys to go around , it will just be a few teams with 3 or 4 super stars

The rules to even things out don't work.   You get in trouble if you even say you want to sign a free agent but Lebron can go around lining guys up for the team and the teams with the stars have the luxury of of just stringing guys out to enable them to go way over the cap.   

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, hylndr11 said:

I'm not even sure PG actually wants to win.  Him having a subpar season is why IND is so middling.  Seems he and a lot of other "stars" view the league like most fans: It's just CLE/GS and everybody else.  In reality, if they went for it, there are several teams that could challenge that supposed status quo.

One change that I liked was a guy recommended reserving the top 4 draft slots for the teams that finish 8-9.  That'd force them to be even more competitive in-season and allows those 'close' teams to get some much needed help via the draft instead of them picking at the end of the lottery each year.  Rewards teams for trying and likely produces higher-caliber teams more quickly than allowing teams to languish in the lottery every year.

On the flip-side, it could motivate the 5-7 teams to mini-tank although that'd be really risky.  You could easily go from 7 to 10 playing around.

2 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

The lottery is definitely where it's messed up.   I'm not convinced that just drawing the draft order randomly between all 30 teams wouldn't be a more effective way to balance it out.   

Please no.  You know good and well CLE would miraculously end up with multiple, consecutive #1 picks ... as long as the guy signed with Clutch Sports.

I think some rule where if you are top 4 playoff seed 3 or 4 years in a row you can get a cap leniency or draft consession some how, something like that is only thing I see to balance this out a little more.  Guys would stay on and you could easier determine who wants to win and then go for that, then either get cap concession to sign a super max or keep your guys - an addition to bird rights or something.  People need to start tuning the NBA out more and they will make a change .

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Please no.  You know good and well CLE would miraculously end up with multiple, consecutive #1 picks ... as long as the guy signed with Clutch Sports.

How is that any different than now?   They had 3 number 1 picks in the last 6 years. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Under Old Testament law, every 7 years all debts were erased, and everyone started with a clean slate.

Which made me think, and which figures into where the thread appears to be meandering...

What if the NBA periodically... maybe every 10 years... had a complete re-draft of all players? Or, if that's too insane to think about, what if, like an expansion draft, every team got to protect 1 or 2 players?

Wouldn't that be a hoot?

• Like 1