• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Word on the block is Atlanta is working on a deal to trade for Paul George

NBASupes

15 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

If a late 1st is costing you Lou Williams, I would imagine the price is way too high for players like Gallinari and Brook Lopez. Indy is probably in the same position as us with far less talent on their squad. At least we got rookies we like a ton. They traded their potential to win now and it's not looking like it will get them anywhere close to contending. We still have potential, we just got contracts. 

What potential? The teams main draft pick can't even handle back up duty.

You gotta look at it like this: If PG is likely to leave due to not contending. You gotta look at what the best options are.

If you wait till the off-season. You will get lotto pick offers but it will be only one since he's a rental who clearly wants to play for a contender. If he didn't, you wouldn't be trading him. That would get you a #19 to #22 pick since PG stayed and another 7-14 pick. 

If you trade him now to say Atlanta. 

You will likely missed the playoffs and end up with the #8-12 pick. Another pick in the mid 20's. Two 2018's 1st round picks. A player like Prince who you coveted in the draft last year and would have taken if available. And Tim Hardaway Jr who has 20+ potential with solid defense to boot. 

Now, let's compare: 

You generate a top 10 pick from trading George due to the team being young. 

You get a young budding talent in Hardaway Jr. 

You get a talented rookie in Prince. 

You get three 1st round picks. 

To...

A top 13 pick

A 19-22 pick

What's better value for a what would be rebuilding team? 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

OH NO U DIDNT POST WHAT I POSTED 2 minutes after me? Sorry this trade deadline is makin me anxious...I really don't know why though...lol

Heh, maybe lay off the mountain dew-flavored meth for a few days?

Article paints the risk of acquiring him ...

For teams considering a trade for George, here’s the risk: As a free agent in the summer of 2018, he has considered re-signing with Indiana or joining his hometown Los Angeles Lakers, sources tell The Vertical.

If i'm worried about that I'd just plan on trading him before then.  Consider it as a rental.  What's the big deal if all you're paying is $.60-.70 on the dollar?  Take the risk that he falls in love with the city.  Get back $0.50 on the dollar if not.

10 minutes ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

What potential? The teams main draft pick can't even handle back up duty.

Prince is pretty talented but Bud likes complete players who can contribute to executing plays. You see how he did Tim last year. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

Prince doesn't look that good out there  when he does play. Role player potential. Probably a lesser Carroll at best.

He looks way more talented than DMC. He just doesn't play nowhere near as good as DMC for now. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, DS5 said:

Come on Ainge, make that damn deal with the Bulls! I really think if Butler to Celtics happens, we have a strong possibility of landing PG. No sources, just my speculation. 

Don't sell urself short! You got a block don't ya? Go out on ur street/block and yell it!

Then come back as say..."word on the block is...."

45 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

You gotta look at it like this: If PG is likely to leave due to not contending. You gotta look at what the best options are.

If you wait till the off-season. You will get lotto pick offers but it will be only one since he's a rental who clearly wants to play for a contender. If he didn't, you wouldn't be trading him. That would get you a #19 to #22 pick since PG stayed and another 7-14 pick. 

If you trade him now to say Atlanta. 

You will likely missed the playoffs and end up with the #8-12 pick. Another pick in the mid 20's. Two 2018's 1st round picks. A player like Prince who you coveted in the draft last year and would have taken if available. And Tim Hardaway Jr who has 20+ potential with solid defense to boot. 

Now, let's compare: 

You generate a top 10 pick from trading George due to the team being young. 

You get a young budding talent in Hardaway Jr. 

You get a talented rookie in Prince. 

You get three 1st round picks. 

To...

A top 13 pick

A 19-22 pick

What's better value for a what would be rebuilding team? 

Dammit.......not you've got me startin to believe it's possible. 

35 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

He looks way more talented than DMC. He just doesn't play nowhere near as good as DMC for now. 

Is there video evidence to show this? I'm not asking to be snarky... I just see a player that will perhaps hustle on defense and maybe develop  a 3 pt shot. I don't see a potential explosive scorer or anything.

2 minutes ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

Is there video evidence to show this? I'm not asking to be snarky... I just see a player that will perhaps hustle on defense and maybe develop  a 3 pt shot. I don't see a potential explosive scorer or anything.

He's a good passer, moves off the ball extremely well, has defensive potential. Looks like a potential 18 ppg scorer and depending on his development, maybe more, hustles and works hard. He has good traits but in our system, it's hard for anyone. Much less a rookie. He will need time, this isn't Milwaukee. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

He's a good passer, moves off the ball extremely well, has defensive potential. Looks like a potential 18 ppg scorer and depending on his development, maybe more, hustles and works hard. He has good traits but in our system, it's hard for anyone. Much less a rookie. He will need time, this isn't Milwaukee. 

Wasn't he a 3 year college player? I  don't watch college ball and so what these guys do when they step on the NBA floor. But it seems like he should contribute more than he does now with that level of experience.

2 minutes ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

Wasn't he a 3 year college player? I  don't watch college ball and so what these guys do when they step on the NBA floor. But it seems like he should contribute more than he does now with that level of experience.

Main thing is he looks clueless out there at times, college experience or no. The ability is there though if he can sort it out upstairs.

Having said that, I'd deal him and Hardaway if it meant George coming this way.

20 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

Don't sell urself short! You got a block don't ya? Go out on ur street/block and yell it!

Then come back as say..."word on the block is...."

I wasn't trying to take any shots at Supes... and I'm sure we all wish his source comes through. 

• Like 1

I guess I'll say the issue on Prince again.

A lot of the reason for Baylor alumni failing to really make it in the NBA is the Baylor defensive zone scheme gets completely engrained into their muscle memory and honestly they play like they have zero BBIQ in what I have seen of them. It's not that they aren't talented, they often are, but their players often don't learn anything at Baylor and are just using their talent to win.

• Like 1