• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Word on the block is Atlanta is working on a deal to trade for Paul George

NBASupes

6 hours ago, Dolfan23 said:

So the Hawks offered 4 first round picks for PG. Had we acquired him where do we end up in the East this year? Surely best case is losing to Cleveland again in the conference finals, right?

Then we probably lose Sap this offseason, have little $ to spend in FA and are minus 4 first round picks for the future. Plus we still have an overpaid C on the roster and a full season of knowing we'd lose PG after this coming season. Maybe we get a decent return on him at the deadline this coming year but as bleak as the future looks right now with our severe lack of front line talent, it's even worse had we made this trade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So basically the same place we are now with an even longer timeline for a rebuild?

3 minutes ago, BigDog90 said:

Hawks dodged a bullet. George would have left after the '17-'18 season for LA, leaving ATL in worse shape than they are now.

Agreed that shit would have been horrible. We'd still have Dennis and maybe even THJ and Prince but if George were here likely both would have been coming off the Bench...and Losing out on playing time and experience  vs starting units especially knowing Paul George would have left the next summer.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, sturt said:

True. But I'd love to have seen what George would have brought to the team nonetheless.

He's going to LA but I agree, would have loved to see a forward tandom of Sap and PG13...wow. We would have been the second best team in the east, not this year but next.

All those firsts makes it sound like the horrendous Herschel Walker trade that Minny got severely abused on. Minny was never the same and it became three rings for Dallas. Never wise to mortgage everything.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Thomas said:

All those firsts makes it sound like the horrendous Herschel Walker trade that Minny got severely abused on. Minny was never the same and it became three rings for Dallas. Never wise to mortgage everything.

If we could have had him for a full two seasons I would've liked it to happen.

Would have been three months of ball this season plus next season and then trying to keep a guy that seems bent on the west coast that wouldn't hang around with us. Will say his three point percentage in the playoffs this year would have been enough help to get us by the Wizards but still think we would be desperately hanging on the cliff a year from now.

• Moderators

If that is true I can't see why Indy would turn it down.   That's idiotic and they  have to feel pretty stupid now that they suck and they really have to trade PG to LA this summer.

I hope we made that offer for Butler though.  That would have been the smart move.   

• Like 1

I would assume the 4 picks would have been something like this years 2017 1st, Our own 2019 1st (since we can't trade 1st in back to back years) and I would assume some kind of protection would be on the pick. The Minny 2018 and Cavs 2019 1st owed.

Anyone know if we can add a conditional protection on picks? Like Lottery protected - if PG resigns we remove protection, if not it stays?

In this scenario we would be trading 2 of our own picks for 1 1/2 year rental of PG.  Would that be worth it? We got pick #12 for 1 year Teague rental for Indy, so #19 pick and another future pick for 1 1/2 year of PG would not be all bad.  However, his eyes for ONLY LAL in 2018 puts a damper on that discussion big time since there isn't even a 50-50 chance to resign him.

31 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Anyone know if we can add a conditional protection on picks? Like Lottery protected - if PG resigns we remove protection, if not it stays?

Hmmmm...I'm not 100% sure but I don't think so.

33 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

Damn I just realized they offered 4 Firsts.  For a player who just led his team to a first round sweep and freely comments on changing teams while under contract.  Awesome. 

Yeah but....

t.jpeg

• Like 2

On 5/19/2017 at 9:52 AM, JayBirdHawk said:

I would assume the 4 picks would have been something like this years 2017 1st, Our own 2019 1st (since we can't trade 1st in back to back years) and I would assume some kind of protection would be on the pick. The Minny 2018 and Cavs 2019 1st owed.

In this scenario we would be trading 2 of our own picks for 1 1/2 year rental of PG.  Would that be worth it? We got pick #12 for 1 year Teague rental for Indy, so #19 pick and another future pick for 1 1/2 year of PG would not be all bad.  However, his eyes for ONLY LAL in 2018 puts a damper on that discussion big time since there isn't even a 50-50 chance to resign him.

Protections, yes.  Conditional based on signing a free agent? No.  That would open a whole slew of rabbit holes such as "You get the pick only if we win a championship!"  Instead it's just based on slot selections: top 1, top 3, top 5, lotto, 15-20, 20-25, combination of 1-10 & 20-30 etc.

Saw a report of pick swaps as well so that would get around the Stepien rule.

• Like 1