• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Word on the block is Atlanta is working on a deal to trade for Paul George

NBASupes

Here, adjusted to a failed trade so you can see what I'm talking about  http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=jnstdjk  

"The aggregate outgoing salaries are greater than $9.8 million. Therefore the incoming aggregate salaries must be withing $5 million of the aggregate outgoing salaries. The incoming salaries exceed $5 million in this trade. Cut $6,526,677 from the Hawks incoming trade value to make this trade successful."

Effectively, The Hawks can send as little as $13.1 million in salary to make it happen.  Dunleavy can't be moved because of trade restrictions, neither can Humprhries (1 year bird rights).  And you said no Baze.  So here is what you have left.

Splitter -$9.5 mil

Sefolosha - $3.85 mil

Scott -$3.33 mill

Delaney - $2.5 mill

Prince - $2.3 mil

THj - $2.282 mil

Bembrey - $1.5 mil

Muscala - $1 mil

So start adding what you think Indy will take to get to $13.1 million or more and then realize that for every extra player Indy must simultaneously waive someone to complete the trade.

If THj is in the trade, it takes no less than 3 players to make this happen.  Probably Splitter, Prince, THj +2 picks. Bare minimum.

No they can't release Tiago and Scott.....they would have to release from their own squad before the trade because they can't go over the max number of rostered players.  This is to keep teams like Denver from signing 5 players at vet minimum to get their over the team minimum salary threshold. You must have 13 on your roster at all times and no more than 15.  So a 4-1 trade puts the Hawks at 11 (we will have 14 as of Friday) Pacers at 18.

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, thecampster said:

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=hmr3cpd

Okay so to show what I'm saying, here is a trade for George/Ellis for Splitter/Baze/THj. This would obviously include 1 to 3 picks to make it happen and would require Indy to wave someone (I believe).

I suppose this is possible as Timmy has been playing out of his mind and if you let Tiago walk at season's end it creates 10 million in cap flexibility for Indy.  But it effectively means giving up on a season where they are currently the 6th seed.

I dunno. I thought based on their moves in the off-season, they were in full win-now mode... and now, if all that activity has left them pretty nondescript from any other lower-half playoff team, it's really no more daunting to imagine than it has been for the countless souls who have been predicting practically this entire season that ATL was going to blow up their roster.... nah, really, it's even less daunting. I thought IND would be a strong team, but so far, not so... and I just don't see the same culture in IND of "trusting the process" that I perceive here with what has mostly been considered San Antonio East the last 4 years.

1 minute ago, DS5 said:

Ok, then Indy releases some of their own. Even better as it creates more cap space in the off-season. We can then sign some FA or make other trades. I'm just saying that logistically, it could work.

Oh it could work logistically but not logically.  George + whatever players they waive....doesn't sound like equal value to me. The picks received won't be too high (maybe the Minny pick will be) and won't have tons of value.

No reason to overthink this, like any trade, Supes only mentioned the major pieces in play going to and from each team.  Players/salaries would  need to be added/removed to make the deal work.

Just now, Bankingitbig said:

Indy can easily release Brooks and others. They could also deal Stuckey for a pick. There are plenty of options for Indy to facilitate the trade if they wanted to.

If you were Indy, would you want Prince, THj, Splitter for Paul George and waiving 2 of your own...regardless of picks coming back....there are less than 15 players in the league worth Paul George.

Why would Bird trade him during the deadline and not the offseason. They have 71 million committed for next season so cap space isn't a problem at all. 

That offer doesn't net us an all star much less a caliber of Paul George. I'm just hoping for W. Chandler and calling it a day.   

1 minute ago, thecampster said:

Oh it could work logistically but not logically.  George + whatever players they waive....doesn't sound like equal value to me. The picks received won't be too high (maybe the Minny pick will be) and won't have tons of value.

Oh I'm with you there. I really don't think it makes sense for the Pacers at all. But hey, if Bird wants to do it...I'm all for it.

Just now, thecampster said:

If you were Indy, would you want Prince, THj, Splitter for Paul George and waiving 2 of your own...regardless of picks coming back....there are less than 15 players in the league worth Paul George.

I think a deal of Bembry/Prince (whichever they prefer), THJ, Splitter, Scott (to make $ match) plus 2017 ATL first, 2018 MIN first and possibly a 2017 2nd (MIA's, BKN's or ours) would be a decent return for Paul George if I knew he wouldn't want to resign with my team in a year. Waiving two of their own players is nothing...

• Premium Member

I won't even let myself go look at Trade Machine.... even bothering to explore it that much seems to be begging the sports karma gods to slap me back into reality...

I'd rather be surprised.... "Hey! They made it work! Who'd've'thunk?" :D

And, too, I'd rather just recognize that you might not see a fantasy trade come down, but that's not to mean that there aren't trades that could be made that make your team a little better than they were.

2 minutes ago, thecampster said:

I agree. For PG13, I would want a top 3 pick but if only potential contender wants to trade that for Butler, what can you do? Indy should have traded PG last summer when his value was it's highest. Only a few teams can trade for him right now. Houston can offer their 1st and Dekker but that won't move the needle. Most teams just lack trade pieces for a win now only piece which George is. 

1 minute ago, sturt said:

I won't even let myself go look at Trade Machine.... even bothering to explore it that much seems to be begging the sports karma gods to slap me back into reality...

I'd rather be surprised.... "Hey! They made it work! Who'd've'thunk?" :D

And, too, I'd rather just recognize that you might not see a fantasy trade come down, but that's not to men that there aren't trades that could be made that make your team a little better than they were.

Because Atlanta's trade assets are so underpriced (Tiago being highest), more reasonable trade partners include (but are not limited to) Philly, Phoenix, Portland and maybe Orlando.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kimsey said:

Why would Bird trade him during the deadline and not the offseason. They have 71 million committed for next season so cap space isn't a problem at all. 

That offer doesn't net us an all star much less a caliber of Paul George. I'm just hoping for W. Chandler and calling it a day.   

I would have no clue. But with no movers available especially since Sap wants to return to Atlanta and most of the rookie contracts have or will be matched. It puts Indy in a tough spot. I do think this will get them the most value right now but I don't know what Indy needs to do. They look like a 41-41 team to me. They go on streaks far too often.

"According to various reports, the Indiana Pacers are interested in trading their 2017 first-round draft pick in an attempt to provide aid to Paul George."

http://www.indycornrows.com/2017/2/19/14663492/indiana-pacers-reportedly-shopping-first-round-draft-pick

"Vecsey: Pacers trying to trade for Brook Lopez"

http://www.indycornrows.com/2017/2/20/14668436/vecsey-pacers-trying-to-trade-for-brook-lopez-paul-george

13 minutes ago, Kimsey said:

"According to various reports, the Indiana Pacers are interested in trading their 2017 first-round draft pick in an attempt to provide aid to Paul George."

http://www.indycornrows.com/2017/2/19/14663492/indiana-pacers-reportedly-shopping-first-round-draft-pick

"Vecsey: Pacers trying to trade for Brook Lopez"

http://www.indycornrows.com/2017/2/20/14668436/vecsey-pacers-trying-to-trade-for-brook-lopez-paul-george

Previously posted.