• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Word on the block is Atlanta is working on a deal to trade for Paul George

NBASupes

I'm betting Bird will send PG to the Celts..(McHale helped Ainge with KG and now Bird helps Ainge with PG). Smh...all these Celt front office bastards spread all over the NBA helping each other...smh

7 minutes ago, ISOJOE said:

If we want to keep Dennis/Millsap/DH and trade for PG Bembry+Prince+Hardaway(+filler) + minny pick + Hawks' 2017 pick+ Hawks' 2019 pick top10 protected is a fair offer imo.

Not possible via cap and Prince can't get traded to Indy. 

What's most likely would be a trade of Thabo, Splitter and Timmy with an assortment of picks for George and TBA player. Could be Saraphin or Joe Young.

2 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

I'm betting Bird will send PG to the Celts..(McHale helped Ainge with KG and now Bird helps Ainge with PG). Smh...all these Celt front office bastards spread all over the NBA helping each other...smh

You're probably right.  We gotta hope CHI sends them Jimi.  If not, it'll be Burd with the "Welp, if'n I cain't have 'im, I'll send 'em ta Dan E. fer cheap."

Hate the Selts.

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

You're probably right.  We gotta hope CHI sends them Jimi.  If not, it'll be Burd with the "Welp, if'n I cain't have 'im, I'll send 'em ta Dan E. fer cheap."

Hate the Selts.

Boston could wait it out. Butler had 4 years left on his deal. 3 with the Player option. His deal looks lovely to suitors. 

Just now, ISOJOE said:

A filler is included in my deal. Why can't he get traded to Indy? because of the Teague trade. 

That type of offer will be necessary if Ainge is interested in PG.

It doesn't work via cap. 

6 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Not possible via cap and Prince can't get traded to Indy. 

What's most likely would be a trade of Thabo, Splitter and Timmy with an assortment of picks for George and TBA player. Could be Saraphin or Joe Young.

I believe Prince can get traded to Indy since we technically received him from Utah. Not sure though.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lurker said:

So if George isn't resigning with Indiana, what's most likely to be true here is my theory, a trade during the summer.

It would make sense but if the options of teams is limited today. It will likely be more limited this off-season. You have to think, he will only have one year left for next year before FA. He's a rental next year. On top of that, he's not a superstar. Right now, you will get the most value, not this summer. Butler on the other hand has three years left this summer. He is still a player who is NOT a rental. 

4 minutes ago, ISOJOE said:

Again, a cap filler was included:

The only filter would have to be Splitter. 

Something like this: http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=jfw6j5n

I seriously doubt Atlanta would trade that much for PG-13 but who knows. 

4 minutes ago, Bankingitbig said:

I believe Prince can get traded to Indy since we technically received him from Utah. Not sure though.

You are correct. He can be traded since it was Utah who made that trade to Atlanta. But I am not sure. @MaseCase 

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

You are correct. He can be traded since it was Utah who made that trade to Atlanta. But I am not sure. @MaseCase 

I think the only time  a player can't be traded to same team is if there is an RFA match.  Don't think there  is a  rule regarding traded picks.

11 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I think the only time  a player can't be traded to same team is if there is an RFA match.  Don't think there  is a  rule regarding traded picks.

This is true regarding the traded picks. From CBAFAQ below - so Prince could technically still be traded to Utah (not that this really matters lol).

• A team cannot reacquire a player they traded away during that season (a season being July 1 - June 30). If he is waived by his new team, then he cannot re-sign with his original team until the one-year anniversary of the trade, or until the July 1 following the end of his contract, whichever comes first. However, if a team trades a player's draft rights, they can reacquire the player during the same season.
Edited by Bankingitbig

I personally would have zero interest in trading both rookies especially if we have to trade Tim. I would rather keep Bembry since Prince plays the same position as PG who's only 26. 

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=zfywgx5

Dennis/Malc/Young(cut)

Bazemore/Bembry/Robinson/(Patterson)

PG-13/Thabo/Dunleavy

Sap/Hump/FA

Dwight/Moose/FA

While I do not think George is a massive upgrade over this season's THJr. He is a massive upgrade for the Hawks. Gives Bazemore is realistic role which is to play aggressive defense v. SG's, shoot open jumpers, constantly cut to the basket and battle for boards. That alone is an upgrade since he's not able to do that with Tim who is also a SG and Thabo (no offense). That should make what is a total negative for us (Bazemore) on offense into league average. That alone would improve our starting unit which has been decent this year but not great. For PG, he is also he's a two way star. He can pass, move off the ball, shoot very well, can score, has elite measurables and he's a clutch player which has killed us in close games this season sans Knicks. He would be our most talented player since Nique. 

That said, Tim is a little underrated. While he has always been a scorer. He has been a sound defender this year and his +/- with his ability to outproduce his opponent has made him one of the best young players in the NBA on a rookie contract. His improvement from last year to this year was as impressive as his improvement from the 1st half to the 2nd half of the season. Tim really looks to be the next Eddie Jones which is not a star but an excellent piece on any franchise if healthy. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 3

45 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

You're acting like Splitter makes that a lot..... if we make a deal with indy that doesn't involve Dwight,Sap,or Dennis that's a win for Atlanta

1 minute ago, ViewsFromTheSquawk said:

You're acting like Splitter makes that a lot..... if we make a deal with indy that doesn't involve Dwight,Sap,or Dennis that's a win for Atlanta

He's talking in terms of salary filler to make the deal actually  work since salaries have to match or come close.

I'd hate to part with THJr, but if it nets PG13 and allows Gaze to rise to average at SG Hawks gotta pull that trigger. THJr, Prince, Splitter, Scott, and picks/cash. Monta coming back in that deal? Weren't Budferry giving Ellis a look a couple of years ago?

Edited by hazer