• Same expectations
  • Waited until midway through the 1st to turn the game on
  • Did not turn the game off ONCE.
  • Hawks win!

@JayBirdHawk...You're welcome. :D

Please continue!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Lurker said:

If anything, this series is showing me that this offense isn't good but also isn't far from being fixed. People are going to s*** on me for saying it, but Howard needs to be "Monroe'd" or at least have his mins cut to 25 per game.

No one will shit on you....well....I won't! Lol your entitled to your opinions and that's what I love about the squawk but moving on I think benching Dwight isn't the answer. The answer is continuing to get him to commit to setting strong picks constantly like he's done tonight for 2nd game in a row. He also had strong play around the goal and really battled!

his rebounding was very impactful and he pulled them down with some attitude!

....we don't need to bench Dwight unless a team runs extremely small. But what we do need to do is find a way to continue to get him to set these great screens and when he does it reward him here and there. 2 or 3 post ups a game for Dwight to reward him isn't asking too much. Dwight gives you a great game as long as he's engaged on both ends. He's proving that.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, Lurker said:

I'm glad to be wrong and I'm wrong in the most hilarious way either, having Vintage Calderon and Dwight appear.

How the heck does a team allow Vintage Calderon, Vintage Dwight, and in control Bazemore appear all at the same time?

I don't think you saw "vintage" anybody. They both played really well but it's not one of the best games you would get in their prime. 

• Like 1

I thought it would be a close win.  Dennis and his fearlessness don't like close games though.  Calderon and Baze are the last guys I expected to get key contributions from but I'll take it.  Hopefully our bench doesn't lay two rotten eggs like Washington's on the road.  Hell wrong with Markieff getting Sap riled up.  Let's Go.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 2

AWESOME WIN!!!! Just finished it. Now that's what I call "Hawks ball". Being smart, unselfish and patient is where we thrive in my opinion.

Shout out to all the starters for reaching double digits. Also a shout out to Baze who I'm been down on all year but he stepped up. Timmy, Jose, Prince and Ersan. 

Stay hungry stay humble. LETS GO!

If this team has taught us anything, it's to expect the unexpected.

Unexpected Jose Calderon getting on that juice and playing out of his mind! So much energy, just what the team needed.

Unexpected Baze playing like he's worth $70 million. 

Unexpected Dwight moving light on his feet, setting excellent screens, playing tough defense, and rebounding like a mad man.

Unexpected that Milsap foul shot falling to the floor.

Expected - THjr getting that scowl back!  He needs to be as agressive as Bazemore at times.

All and all, the Hawks have this Wizard's team shook.  If they take the next game, I'll call series (in my Paula Pierce voice).

Edit: Also unexpected, Bud with the solid rotations!!!! Everything he did worked, can we bottle this and keep going for the rest of the playoffs?

Edited by marco102
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Wretch said:
  • No shower today (yikes!)
  • Same shorts
  • Didn't pick my hair out
  • No socks
  • Same spot on the couch
  • Same expectations
  • Waited until midway through the 1st to turn the game on
  • Did not turn the game off ONCE.
  • Hawks win!

@JayBirdHawk...You're welcome. :D

Lmao YES! Dedication and loyalty at its finest.

ps If we combine this with @Gray Mule's corndog's and we may win the championship! :-)

April 17, 1986. The last time the Hawks had 7 players in double digits in a playoff game and it was a victory vs the Pistons....until tonight. 

I almost can't believe that stat. Lol.

ps The guys that did it that night were:

Nique

Webb

Rollins

Rivers

Wittman

Willis

Koncak