• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Moving up in the Draft from #19

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Billy's problem was that he did this every draft, lol.

Because he was searching for (and never found) his Jonathan Isaac. He thought he had with DuckButt :beta:

Edited by hazer
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Spud2Nique said:

That was me. Lol. I understand getting mistaken on the phone for being a woman but this is too much....:-(

My bad, I was in the middle of about 3 convos at once and got crossed up...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hazer said:

My bad, I was in the middle of about 3 convos at once and got crossed up...

Noreen are you crying!-Elaine

THIS IS DAN!!!

6 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

Omg you and me both. Makes sticking to a freakin diet hard. Lol.

There used to be a place in The Albany Mall in the 70s/80s when I was a kid called Karmelkorn (right beside Aladdin's Castle) that had had caramel, cheese, and assorted colored candy corns. I'd spend an entire Saturday in the arcade and living off their cheese corn for about 5 bucks.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, hazer said:

There used to be a place in The Albany Mall in the 70s/80s when I was a kid called Karmelkorn (right beside Aladdin's Castle) that had had caramel, cheese, and assorted colored candy corns. I'd spend an entire Saturday in the arcade and living off their cheese corn for about 5 bucks.

You would've never guessed this by my avatar. I'm 42 in that photo...:lightsabre:

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, hazer said:

Street fighter and junk food=fun

and of course NBA jam!

1 hour ago, hazer said:

Southwest Georgia is the absolute smoke and this is coming from someone who dealt with working in Atlanta for thirty two years. A Nirvana (not the Seattle band) experiment gone right. Doesn't matter where you live, if you love the Hawks, you love the Hawks. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Southwest Georgia is the absolute smoke and this is coming from someone who dealt with working in Atlanta for thirty two years. A Nirvana (not the Seattle band) experiment gone right. Doesn't matter where you live, if you love the Hawks, you love the Hawks. 

Albany was a great place to grow up in the 70s/80s. Left in '88, I don't hate the place, but it does break my heart how it turned out. A great analogy would be Erin Moran, it REALLY went downhill fast...

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Flight said:

If we move up it would have to be into the top 10 for it to be worth it. At 19 we could just about get the same quality talent that 10-14 will be getting. 

I completely agree that there is a clear elite top group and then there's a large chunk of similarly talented prospects. So who of this elite groups would be worth trading into the top ten for if a team was hypothetically willing to make a deal with the Hawks (I'm not so sure that 3  non lottery picks and a bad contract would do the trick, but you never know)

The Hawks have two starters that are 23 years old at Point Gaurd and Small forward, so I will take these positions out of the possibilities. Lonzo, Smith, Fox, Jackson, And Tatum are all guys that wouldn't be worth it for the Hawks unless the organization. Truly thought they could be the best player on a championship contender one day. This leaves 3 SGs (two are widely considered point guards, but they are both 6'5 and can shoot) and two PFs: Fultz, Ntilikina, Monk, Isaac, and Markkanen. Fultz will be impossible to get so he's not a possibility. That leaves only 4 players who provide enough value in a vacuum to trade up into the top 10 for. However, giving up all those assets would be a huge mistake if there were a similar player available later in the draft.

Markkanen is a lights out shooter, especially for a 7 footer. However, there is another bug that can shoot in Havenstein that could be available even after 19. I think Havenstein could be a much bette defender and is better suited to play the 5, so the drop off in shooting,Markkanen shot 42% last year compared to around 30% for Havenstein, is worth it. Havenstein also shot 42% a season ago and this was on more attempts. 

Isaac is a fantastic prospect that I would love to see play in Atlanta. It's just that I believe Jonah Bolden is a very similar player. Both are 6'10 and move very well, enough so to play the 3 and have good jump shots for a power forward. However, Bolden shot 42% from beyond the arc last year whereas Isaac shot 35%. Is the couple years of age difference really enough to justify moving multiple first rounders to go up and get a guy with similar skills as a guy who Could be available in he second? I don't think so.

That leaves only Monk and Ntilikita. After looking at shooting guards in this draft class, I do not think there are similar players to either of these two. Monk is an incredible shooter and when he gets hot, it's game over. He has that it factor that I believe the Hawks could really use, especially if Hardaway walks this summer. He's also very short for the position and I don't think he will ever be a very good defender, but he's good enough on offense to warrant a high pick (see Booker, Devin). Ntilikina, on the other hand, is 6'5 with a reported freakishly long wingspan of almost 7 feet! He's a great defender and has become a pretty good shooter, not as good as Monk of course. He's very skinny, but if he could get some muscle on him, he could be an elite defensive guard. 

In conclusion, I believe that Monk and Ntilikina are the only two players that would be worth the Hawks giving up multiple first round picks to select. Specifically Ntilikina as I believe he would work better with Dennis than Monk and also gives us a great secondary ball handler/ backup point guard early in his career. I know coach Bud watched him in Europe recently, so for now he is the only top flight prospect that has any connection to the Hawks. He is often mocked 8th to the Knicks, so moving up to 7 or 8 could be necessary to go get him, I think that would be very tough to do, but if it was doable without giving up the Hawks' own first round pick next year, in case we are awful because Millsap leaves and it's another top ten pick, I would do it.  

• Like 2

I don't really think Jonah Bolden is that raw. His UCLA stats were bad but he said that he was caught up in the Southern California young people's life and needed to leave due to it.

That doesn't make him not a risk though (how much was he helped by the lesser athletes in Euroleague, is that shot real or not...?), but he's a guy that NEEDS a good landing spot...if he goes to certain places, like right back to LA he'll likely wash right back out... Places like Atlanta, SA, Utah, Charlotte, etc would be perfect spots for him.

• Like 1

On 5/17/2017 at 6:25 AM, JayBirdHawk said:

13. Denver Nuggets:  I  don't think Denver needs more youth so they might be willing to trade the pick. They have enough guards so they don't need Baze.  Millsap would really round out their team but they have the capspace to sign him outright.

The more I look at the teams before us I only see the Wolves at #7 and the Nuggs at #13 that would be willing to trade. Half the Nuggets roster is super young so I think they aren't interested in another pick this year...

@JayBirdHawk Outside of Baze that you mentioned and Sap whom they could sign outright, is there anyone else on our roster that would interest them. I'm guessing no Dwight due to Yolk. Hmmmm.....maybe a 3 way deal with another team that could use a Dwight or Baze like the one we did landing last year's 12th pick from Utah that turned out to be Prince.

I still think the Bucks, the Blazers and the Hornets would be interested in Dwight. 

Hawks/Nuggs/Bucks to get us #13

Hawks/Nuggs/Blazers to get us #13

Hawks/Nuggs/Hornets to get us #13 

DET floating balloons out via marc Stein twit that #12 could be had for a win-now piece.

Quick, somebody sell Baze as that piece.  Hey, he'll be cheaper than KCP.

3 hours ago, kg01 said:

DET floating balloons out via marc Stein twit that #12 could be had for a win-now piece.

Quick, somebody sell Baze as that piece.  Hey, he'll be cheaper than KCP.

SVG reunites with Dwight. Hawks get 12. A real lose win situation.

3 minutes ago, CP61 said:

Nah, at least be realistic.  DET hasnt yet realized Drummond sucks.  No way they bring in Howard.

8 hours ago, CP61 said:

Dwight got SVG fired once you know, so figure the odds.

On May 21, 2012, Van Gundy was relieved of his duties as Head Coach, despite making the playoffs in all five seasons as coach.[15] Prior to the firing, Van Gundy had stated that he had knowledge that Dwight Howard wanted him fired. Van Gundy stated that somebody from management had told him, and the team did not want to risk angering Howard.

1 hour ago, Thomas said:

Dwight got SVG fired once you know, so figure the odds.

On May 21, 2012, Van Gundy was relieved of his duties as Head Coach, despite making the playoffs in all five seasons as coach.[15] Prior to the firing, Van Gundy had stated that he had knowledge that Dwight Howard wanted him fired. Van Gundy stated that somebody from management had told him, and the team did not want to risk angering Howard.

I know. It was a joke. That's why I said it's a lose win situation. They lose. We win.

• Like 2