• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Moving up in the Draft from #19

What are Detroit's needs?  They seem like a collection of players rather than a team.  They are a team that is currently at $97 million dollars and that's before signing KCP to a max or close to max deal of $25 million.  So I think they'll be looking for salary cap relief cause they'll be in luxury tax hell with only pick #12 as a roster addition.

Reggie Jackson is a headcase for that team especially at $16 mill - the team as a whole played better with $6mil Ish Smith running point. I think they would like to move RJ.

Ya, I just want to point out to the folks at squawk, not naming names, that wanted SVG as our coach about 4 or 5 years ago. We would have been screwed. 

I wonder who we would be targeting if we moved up. Thoughts? Bunch of you wanted Lauri, while others Frank...I like OG, but other juicy prospects as well. If it happens, would it be a move up 5 or 6 spots or are we talking about a blockbuster that would include somebody on our roster like Dwight, Dennis or Baze.

This would be ballsy as hell but imagine if Schlenk wanted to bring in his own point guard and trades Dennis and #19 to move up to the 3-6th pick in the draft. #3 is Philly, who can use a point guard, #4 the Suns who have Bledsoe but I'm not sure they are set with him, #5 is the Kings, who had actually shown interest in being rumored to want Dennis and liked him a year or so ago, and they need it all. #6 is Orlando who is also in need of a point guard because I don't think they are happy with Payton.

With 3-6 we could target Fox, Tatum, Isaac, Josh Jackson, Dennis Smith and Monk.

Im just thinking all bets are off when you have a new GM. He likes what he likes.

IMG_0225.PNG

4 hours ago, Spud2Nique said:

I wonder who we would be targeting if we moved up. Thoughts? Bunch of you wanted Lauri, while others Frank...I like OG, but other juicy prospects as well. If it happens, would it be a move up 5 or 6 spots or are we talking about a blockbuster that would include somebody on our roster like Dwight, Dennis or Baze.

This would be ballsy as hell but imagine if Schlenk wanted to bring in his own point guard and trades Dennis and #19 to move up to the 3-6th pick in the draft. #3 is Philly, who can use a point guard, #4 the Suns who have Bledsoe but I'm not sure they are set with him, #5 is the Kings, who had actually shown interest in being rumored to want Dennis and liked him a year or so ago, and they need it all. #6 is Orlando who is also in need of a point guard because I don't think they are happy with Payton.

With 3-6 we could target Fox, Tatum, Isaac, Josh Jackson, Dennis Smith and Monk.

Im just thinking all bets are off when you have a new GM. He likes what he likes.

IMG_0225.PNG

Well you sold me on OG, so I'd trade up a few spots for him. The fact that he's so physically similar to Draymond Green gets me excited. He's half an inch taller, 4 lbs lighter, and has a 1 inch longer wingspan than Green. If we can teach to have the offensive skills that Draymond developed, then he's an all star. However we might be better off taking your boy Semi Ojelye. He's mo much more skilled offensively than OG, so he's much less of a project. Now OG didn't test at the combine, but I doubt he's as freaky of an athlete as Semi. Semi can jump out of the gym and had elite agility testing at over 240 which is insane. However, he's an inch shorter than OG and has a 4.25 inch shorter wingspan. That's what bothers me a little on Semi. He's got there size of a guard so I would exactly want him playing center in small ball lineups like I think OG can, so the trade up might be worth it based on upside.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, kg01 said:

Gonna have to jump to get him, Judy.

Honestly, the Knicks drafting him is the worst thing possible for Frank.  Maybe in a year or two after they've ruined him for two seasons (as they ruined THJ), Schlinek (sp) can trade for him for pennies on the dollar and Bud can whip him into shape.

Edited by marco102
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, KB21 said:

So, Philly is moving up for Fultz.  

Boston moving down to take Josh Jackson 

what if LAL take Josh Jackson at #2?  What does Boston do?

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

what if LAL take Josh Jackson at #2?  What does Boston do?

I'd take Isaac at that point. But holy hell. That Philly big 3 could be so good. That's 3 potential legitimate super stars which is what it takes to make it to the finals apparently.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Not anything really bad yet but from what I read about him at Kansas he is as dumb as a box of rocks on street smarts. 

Okay yeah I just looked it up. He clearly has anger issues but let's not call him dumb as rocks. 

The superstar term gets thrown around a lot, particularly with these one and done guys.  Josh Jackson is a perfect example.  At best, he will be a supporting star player, but considering that he can't shoot, my bet is that he becomes a role player in the NBA.  

I don't think there are any "superstar" players in this draft.  I think there are a few that can be a star in the NBA.  The majority of these guys are role players if you squint hard enough.