• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Lauri Markkanen

KB21

50 minutes ago, KB21 said:

The elite shooter in the draft.  As a trade up option, this guy might be my #1 prospect for the Hawks.  His shot gives him the edge over Zach Collins's rim protection.

I'm not the least bit impressed...he's shooting in the gym with nobody guarding him...lol ...do you realize how many people can do that, and not just in or going to the NBA.

Kid looks like he's gonna get his ass pushed around bigtime in the NBA...I'm not sure about Markkanen at all...NO WAY DO I TRADE UP FOR HIM! No Markkanen and no TJ Leaf please.

1 hour ago, KB21 said:

The elite shooter in the draft.  As a trade up option, this guy might be my #1 prospect for the Hawks.  His shot gives him the edge over Zach Collins's rim protection.

I've been advocating for him since the tourney. He is only going to get stronger. He has small forward skills attacking the rim and shooting outside and elite length as a PF. IMHO, he is going to be the player look back to and say, how was he not drafted in the top 3.  I would happily let Sap walk, trade baze plus the 2 future 1sts and one of our own to move up and take him at 5-8.  Then use the money created by trading away Baze and letting Sap walk to fill out the roster. Let Lauri learn on the job and trot out Dennis, THj, Prince, Markannen, Howard next year (building unit cohesion). Take our top 10-20 pick and build from there. Markannen is going to be a 20 ppg scorer in this league one day. He is the one player I can say is going to be worth the pick. He reminds me of Kyle Korver shooting with Chris Crawford Athleticism in Dirk Nowitski's body. The kid was only 19 this past season.

• Like 1

I honestly think that gets it done.  Baze + minny pick + cleveland pick + 1 rounder in 2019 (lottery protected). We hold on to 19 this year.  Take Markannen with the traded pick and best player available at 19, 31. By removing SAP/Baze we now have 40 million in cap space to add 2 players and its an instant rebuild.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, KB21 said:

LOL at the idea that there are regular people that can hit 18 NBA range corner three point shots like this guy did.

Come out to Cali I'll hit 10 in a row for ya! lol 

6 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Apparently, Detroit would like to deal the 12th pick for a veteran that can help them compete now.

I don't think we have anything worth that to them. Do you really think Bazemore gets 12? because that's all we have to offer. Throw in 19 and maybe they'd take it, but I wouldn't want him if I were them. Dennis and Taurean are the only real player assets we have, and I would hate to part with them.

21 minutes ago, CP61 said:

I don't think we have anything worth that to them. Do you really think Bazemore gets 12? because that's all we have to offer. Throw in 19 and maybe they'd take it, but I wouldn't want him if I were them. Dennis and Taurean are the only real player assets we have, and I would hate to part with them.

It would be worthwhile to look into it.  I think Bazemore is more highly thought of around the league than on fan forums.  He was a hot free agent a year ago and actually took less money to stay in Atlanta than he was getting elsewhere. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I like him a ton. I think he can be a star offensive player in four years. 

Seriously? You gotta play both ends though...can he defend? And I don't want to see videos of chairs defending him in an open gym lol.

10 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

Seriously? You gotta play both ends though...can he defend? And I don't want to see videos of chairs defending him in an open gym lol.

Well watch his regular highlight video. He is a gorgeous shot. From what I've heard people say about his defense is he's decent and gives to much effort to be terrible.

• Like 1

Spud he's not a defensive force today, mainly based on a lack of weight.  Seeing as he is 19, it is assumed he'll gain some weight and be able to hold his own in the post. He is a good perimeter defender (not great) but just doesn't have the weight to hold position at the 4 which is his position.  Though length makes up for a lot.

1 hour ago, KB21 said:

It would be worthwhile to look into it.  I think Bazemore is more highly thought of around the league than on fan forums.  He was a hot free agent a year ago and actually took less money to stay in Atlanta than he was getting elsewhere. 

But then he played this season and most see him as overpaid based on his production. 

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

But then he played this season and most see him as overpaid based on his production. 

Aren't there a few teams that could use Baze? Lol...I'm just doing a hard sell here lol