BIG SEXY - - BIG FATTY

Gray Mule

Last season, he was very good, especially when he faced the Braves.

Then, he became a Brave.  For some reason, it's not working.  Why?

All these runs he's been giving up are not all his fault.  Errors abound

when he pitches.  Why?

But, the errors are not all the problem.  With error free ball, Braves

would still not win because of all the hits he is giving up.

Can he turn his season around?  Can he return to last season's form?

Give out his bobble head dolls, give him another opportunity and if

he does no better, send him down or release him.

Is there a better solution?  If so, what is it?

• Moderators

Age catches up to everyone.   I can think of very few guys who could pull off playing to this age that weren't either junk ball pitchers or in excellent physical shape.     I think he's done but i say that without having really watched him this year.

• Like 1

• Moderators

In two days before we reach the year 2029 A.D., LeBron James will reach 44 years of age.

During the 2028-2029 season... is an NBA team on this or any planet paying LeBron James $12.5 million to play ball? Not counting inflation? Assuming that's not the VetMin by then? Even if LeBron's BMI goes up by 50% in that time?

Somebody, please say yes.

~lw3

• Like 1

On 06\05\2017 Braves again started Big Fatty, at home, against Philadelphia.

He went 3.2 innings, allowed 8 runs, and now has a 7.78 ERA and a record of 2-7.

Braves starters now have the highest ERA in the majors, lead there by this starter.

I know Atlanta is not going to the World Series this season, but how long can this

go on? 

Insanity is described as doing the same thing, over and over, and expecting the

results to be different.  So, how do we describe the Braves when they continue to

start this pitcher?  You decide.

I feel sorry for this man and for the Braves.  He was so good and now he's so bad.

Atlanta has a lot of time and $$$ tied up in him.  How can he be feeling right now,

knowing what is happening in his life?  So sad.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Gray Mule said:

On 06\05\2017 Braves again started Big Fatty, at home, against Philadelphia.

He went 3.2 innings, allowed 8 runs, and now has a 7.78 ERA and a record of 2-7.

Braves starters now have the highest ERA in the majors, lead there by this starter.

I know Atlanta is not going to the World Series this season, but how long can this

go on? 

Insanity is described as doing the same thing, over and over, and expecting the

results to be different.  So, how do we describe the Braves when they continue to

start this pitcher?  You decide.

I feel sorry for this man and for the Braves.  He was so good and now he's so bad.

Atlanta has a lot of time and $$$ tied up in him.  How can he be feeling right now,

knowing what is happening in his life?  So sad.

Agreed.  Why not move him to the bullpen.   It's June.  He's done. 

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Spud2Nique said:

Is this a thread about me?....my bad..

Ohhhhhh.   I knew i'd seen that selfie you posted somewhere before.   You just covered up the face from Bartolo's workout video.   Making sense now.

CzveKKAVIAA8rdT.jpg

You'll never hear or read a disparaging word from me about Big Sexy.  He was the only thing worth watching for a few seasons with the Mets and was the most steady and reliable arm during their playoff runs.  I almost took it as personal attack when the Braves signed both Met fan-favorites Dickey and Bart.