Jacob Evans 24 1.8 16 1.5 13
Shamorie Ponds 58 2.4 7 1.4 15
Markus Howard NR 2.2 8 1.3 16
John Konchar NR 2.2 9 1.3 17
Lonnie Walker IV 13 0.9 45 1.2 18
Troy Brown 17 1.1 37 1.2 19
Collin Sexton 9 0.6 59 1.2 20
Landry Shamet 29 1.5 23 1.2 21

Also note, Kevin Pelton came out with his big board for the draft.  It's based upon his statistical model of projecting WARP.  Because of this, he only rates the college players.  No international guys.

His top overall college prospect: Jaren Jackson Jr.

1.  Jaren Jackson Jr

2.  DeAndre Ayton

3.  Mohamed Bamba

4.  Trae Young

5.  Marvin Bagley III

6.  Jontay Porter

7.  Wendell Carter Jr

8.  Robert Williams

9.  Mikal Bridges

10.  DeAnthony Melton

Just now, DBac said:

I'm leaning closer to 6 tbh. I'd rather have him than Bagley for us and I like him more than Miles, WCJ, Bamba.

I'd favor WCJ because I see some Horford there, but I do feel that we will get better sooner with Bridges.

Honestly, if we came out of this draft with Mikal Bridges and Ethan Happ, I'd be very happy.  The Hawks would have two players that can help them right away on the defensive end.  

Right now, I'm not banking on the Minnesota pick conveying.  

My March Madness Top 10 prospects: 

1. Marvin Bagley III- Best player in this class. Offense translates. Will surprise teams with his defensive impact. 

2. DeAndre Ayton- Instant impact on offense Day 1. Defense has some question marks, especially off of the ball. His offensive potential is through the roof. 

3. Mo Bamba- Highest ceiling with the lowest floor. I see him as a special prospect but he will take some time. See Giannis and KP. But that's if coaching and the team is the right fit. 

4. Luka Doncic- Highest floor in this class. Should be a gamer Day 1. His potential is what scares you. 

5t. Michael Porter Jr. - I like his HS tape. That's all I can base this off of. 

5t. Jaren Jackson - I am a huge fan of his defense and versatility. I compare him to a potential rich man's Clint Capela with shades of Antonio Davis. 

7. Mikal Bridges- I like his defense. I don't see anything freakish but he can be a very good 3/D player. 

8. Collin Sexton - I love his potential but I am not a fan of his floor. For a PG, he really needs a lot of work but his talent is up there and he's very athletic. 

9. Wendell Carter Jr. - Not a fan of his potential but his floor is one of the highest in this class. 

10t. Miles Bridges - I am a much bigger fan of his NBA potential than college potential. The Malcolm Mitchell of this class. 

10t. Trae Young - He's a boom or bust prospect like Bamba. Could change the game like Curry or could fade fast. I think he's more of a year one-two 6th man in a role similar to Isaiah. 

Ayton seems like he may be a project.  I was high on him but he doesn't always show up.  Doesn't look good against strong competition. I would take Bagley over him if we had #1 overall. I read he was in the band back in middle school as well as trying to play basketball.  Don't know how early of an age he first picked up a basketball he may have a steep learning curve to accomplish.

37 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Michael Porter Jr has not looked good at all. Ayton didn't have a great game either, but he still cleaned up the glass. I think I'm leaning towards Doncic or Bagley.

Michael is still not 100% healthy one of the commentators stated that he said before the game he was 68%of his health.  He was visibly tired by the end of the game but I got to take my hat off to him for at least trying to play.  I'm willing to 3-see how he does at the combine and individual workouts. He needs to get a lot stronger in the upper body he was having trouble holding ground against a much smaller player on one play.86

• 3 weeks later...

For the more savvy talent evaluators, what are your thoughts on Kyri Thomas out of Creighton ... If he were to use our pick from Minnesota on him?

I watched a couple of Creighton games this year, and I really like his game. My real question. Do you think he has the talent to play PG in the league?

The scenario in my head: If we manage to pick up Luka with our first pick, one of his weaknesses is defense. However, he is a playmaker and can serve as a pseudo point guard. 

Now with Kyri playmaking is not his greatest quality. However, he can handle the rock pretty well, is an elite defender, and can play off ball and hit the spot up 3. 

His Defense should help some of Luka's weaknesses and Luka's playmaking should help Kyri's. So what are your thoughts on a future back court of Kyri and Luka? Think it would excel or bust? 

Edited by h4wkfan
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, h4wkfan said:

For the more savvy talent evaluators, what are your thoughts on Kyri Thomas out of Creighton ... If he were to use our pick from Minnesota on him?

I watched a couple of Creighton games this year, and I really like his game. My real question. Do you think he has the talent to play PG in the league?

The scenario in my head: If we manage to pick up Luka with our first pick, one of his weaknesses is defense. However, he is a playmaker and can serve as a pseudo point guard. 

Now with Kyri playmaking is not his greatest quality. However, he can handle the rock pretty well, is an elite defender, and can play off ball and hit the spot up 3. 

His Defense should help some of Luka's weaknesses and Luka's playmaking should help Kyri's. So what are your thoughts on a future back court of Kyri and Luka? Think it would excel or bust? 

I like him, but I think he is more of a combo guard type who will come off the bench.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/5/2018 at 9:12 AM, h4wkfan said:

I was actually going to post about Kyri,  he is a good pairing with Luka if we draft Luka I would definitely look at him at 19. He's a combo guard not a PG as @KB21 has pointed out, but Luka is your pg in this scenario, so he becomes a secondary ball handler which is fine for him. He is one of the best perimeter defenders in this draft and has almost a 7foot wingspan, so he can take the tougher defensive assignment between PG and SG to hide Luka. He's also i think, a 40% 3pt shooter in college.

I don't love the fit defensively or offensively for Dennis and Luka. Both are poor defenders that allow dribble penetration and both are poor to below average 3 point shooters.

Luka will need the spacing Kyri can provide because his speed is just average by NBA standards and his quickness is below average. Teams will go under on he and Dennis all game. My comp for Kyri is Patrick Beverly with a bit more offensive upside.

Troy Brown is a higher upside option, but I would pair him with Porter Jr not Luka. Troy Brown and Luka would clash because he's a better defending worse shooting version of Luka. 

Edited by ATLien_
Type o

• AHF unpinned this topic
  • 2 years later...