• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2018 draft

bleachkit

3 minutes ago, KB21 said:

I'm curious to see if he becomes more of a traditional big than a "new age" big.  With that said, I think a traditional big that can also guard the pick and roll is actually becoming a market inefficiency, and if you can get one that can defend the pick and roll as well as be a dominant offensive player in the paint, you will have someone that will dominate whoever is on him.

You mean in terms of bullying small ball era 5s? Yeah I agree, he's freakishly strong. At the least he's a pretty good rim protector on defense too.

38 minutes ago, DBac said:

You mean in terms of bullying small ball era 5s? Yeah I agree, he's freakishly strong. At the least he's a pretty good rim protector on defense too.

He gets comped to Al Horford quite a bit, and if that's what he becomes, then he'd be a great pick. 

Robert Williams is intriguing to me.  I don't think he has ideal size, but he's long and he has skills.  His freshman season at TAMU was not bad at all.  He's staying in school, so he will have that extra year of development much like John Collins.   He will turn 20 on October 17th, so he's a little older than his class.  Oddly enough, John Collins will turn 20 on September 23rd, so he's just a few weeks older than Williams.  

I want to see him this year and see if he has developed some range on his jumper.  If he can knock that down consistently, then he might be a good fit alongside Collins in the post long term.  

The two domestic prospects I'm the most interested in seeing when it comes to lottery picks are Robert Williams and Miles Bridges.  The freshman that I'm interested in seeing is Jaren Jackson.  I felt he looked better than some of the more hyped guys in his class during the Hoop Summit.

The guy I can't get out of my head though is Collin Sexton.  I love what I've seen out of that guy to this point, and it will be interesting to see him at Alabama next year.

13 minutes ago, DBac said:

Worst year possible for DX to go to paid content :cry:

I don't think it's paid content.

I think their writers are just done. They're not going to write anymore on that website and it is now just an archive. It will just be ESPN (which sucks as I do NOT use ESPN outside of live games, looking at live game data on their website, and the not top 10 skit).

247Sports has the top 5 (highschool) players in this class as

1. Marvin Bagley Jr *Assuming he is allowed to reclassify

2. Michael Porter Jr

3. Deandre Ayton

4. Mo Bamba

5. Wendell Carter

Looks like we picked a great year to need a 5. Ayton is the wildcard of the draft IMO.. he seems kind of soft so he could fall like Skal did. Or he can play with some fire and fight his way into a top 3 spot.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/7/2017 at 2:33 PM, DBac said:

Good read on one of the better upperclassmen. May be able to snag him with the TWolves pick since the NBA doesn't seem to value these types of players in the lottery. http://www.odetooden.com/home/2017/8/2/2018-nba-draft-primer-mikal-bridges-low-usage-wunderkind

That pick will likely be in the 20s

https://www.theringer.com/2017/8/11/16117094/nba-draft-2018-marvin-bagley-michael-porter-deandre-ayton

If I were to rank these players at this point, it would be

1.  Luka Doncic

2.  Mohammed Bamba

3.  Michael Porter Jr

4.  Marvin Bagley

5.  DeAndre Ayton

Personally, I'd put Collin Sexton above all of them except Doncic, and I'd consider rating Wendell Carter higher.

2 hours ago, KB21 said:

https://www.theringer.com/2017/8/11/16117094/nba-draft-2018-marvin-bagley-michael-porter-deandre-ayton

If I were to rank these players at this point, it would be

1.  Luka Doncic

2.  Mohammed Bamba

3.  Michael Porter Jr

4.  Marvin Bagley

5.  DeAndre Ayton

Personally, I'd put Collin Sexton above all of them except Doncic, and I'd consider rating Wendell Carter higher.

I don't see what is so great about Doncic, he looks like a fantastic prospect but doesn't look elite. The others have the skills, talent, and measurables. 

• Like 1

Doncic has been balling against NBA players recently. Granted they aren't the cream of the crop nor defensive stoppers, but it isn't like he's dunking on high schoolers.

vs Bojan Bogdonavic, Dario Saric, Dragan Bender.

Ayton has all the talent to be #1 but his mentality is lacking. Don't know enough about Bagley but he's probably not a 5 and thus a weird pick with Collins. Porter is nice, he's not the next KD but he's a scorer. If Bamba develops a 3 point jumper he's something serious (not as like a go-to but as an if you leave him open he can hit that kind of thing).

Edited by DBac
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, DBac said:

Doncic has been balling against NBA players recently. Granted they aren't the cream of the crop nor defensive stoppers, but it isn't like he's dunking on high schoolers.

vs Bojan Bogdonavic, Dario Saric, Dragan Bender.

He's so filthy good!!

http://larrybrownsports.com/basketball/drazen-petrovic-brother-impressed-luka-doncic/388112

“It’s amazing to see a guy who plays like that,” said Petrovic, per Aris Barkas of Eurohoops. “Seeing what Luka does on the floor during those years, I think that for a long time there was no player in Europe who was so complete, mentally and athletically. This is a class above everyone that has appeared in this position in Europe over the last ten or fifteen years. It’s true.”

Edited by KB21

Bagley is the best prospect in his draft, if put Luka at number 2 bc I really don't care for Porter. Seems one dimensional to me but he does have size. Bagley has the length, athleticism, skills...would be a great pickup