• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2018 draft

bleachkit

12 hours ago, NBASupes said:

His potential is insane. I think he can be a super-superstar. 

He's definitely got a chance to be. I'm not big on taking a true center in the top 3 though. I'd say my list, as of now, is: 

Doncic

Porter/Bagley III (We will see how they do in college before I make this call)

Bamba

Ayton

thats subject to shuffle around a lot based on actually see them playing in college, but for now I'd be happy with any of them.

3 hours ago, CP61 said:

He's definitely got a chance to be. I'm not big on taking a true center in the top 3 though. I'd say my list, as of now, is: 

Doncic

Porter/Bagley III (We will see how they do in college before I make this call)

Bamba

Ayton

thats subject to shuffle around a lot based on actually see them playing in college, but for now I'd be happy with any of them.

So, you would not have drafted Karl Anthony Towns in the top 3?

3 minutes ago, KB21 said:

So, you would not have drafted Karl Anthony Towns in the top 3?

Of course I would have! I meant Center Centers not centers with the skill sets of forwards. If Bamba or Ayton have a skillset like that (I've only watched some highlights of each but I'm skeptical) then of course you take them top three. Like even if Bamba turned out to be a Gobert type player, that's not good enough for what this franchise needs. If they kiss out on the first three potential franchise carriers, he could definitely be a key piece though.

Very interested in seeing Porter Jr play. I am not going to be measuring him by tools and athleticism when I do. I thought about sitting out the college basketball season through my disgust with a different coach but I'm actually not going to. 

I have a different attitude but I'm still feeling like he's overrated and not really actually a generational talent. 

2 hours ago, Lurker said:

Very interested in seeing Porter Jr play. I am not going to be measuring him by tools and athleticism when I do. I thought about sitting out the college basketball season through my disgust with a different coach but I'm actually not going to. 

I have a different attitude but I'm still feeling like he's overrated and not really actually a generational talent. 

Watching him play doesn't scream generational talent to me, but there's something about his vibe that screams NBA star. I can't judge him until I watch him play in college though. I just have a baseless good feeling about him. I don't think he's going to be like KD like some people say. He reminds me of Jabari Parker but with a better shot. 

Edited by CP61

5 hours ago, CP61 said:

Watching him play doesn't scream generational talent to me, but there's something about his vibe that screams NBA star. I can't judge him until I watch him play in college though. I just have a baseless good feeling about him. I don't think he's going to be like KD like some people say. He reminds me of Jabari Parker but with a better shot. 

He's smart and says that he wants to win. I'm not sure what KB21 is seeing that turns him away COMPLETELY but I see him play and I'm thinking "where's the generational?" Outside of **tools**. 

I should've said so earlier, but the comment comes from what I heard from the mizzou kansas exhibition.

• Premium Member
On 6/25/2017 at 11:31 AM, KB21 said:

Right now, this does not look like a good draft.  This draft looks like it is going to be along the lines of 2014-2016.  The kid everyone is fawning over, Michael Porter, can't dribble the basketball.  

If I am Atlanta, I'm looking to move 2018 picks for veterans that will help the team compete now.

Why are all of you down on Porter.  This guy has some Lamar Odom to him.   Offensively, he's going to be a stretch 4.  I want to see his freshman year in college because him dominating 5'8 guys don't do it for me. 

I'd need to see the college basketball season but I'd likely go center or Luka Doncic but Bud seems to disagree with me as I think he sees John Collins as a C.

Doncic not because he has the most tools or athleticism but more because I'm sick of the passing ability I've seen rn...

Edited by Lurker

5 hours ago, Diesel said:

Why are all of you down on Porter.  This guy has some Lamar Odom to him.   Offensively, he's going to be a stretch 4.  I want to see his freshman year in college because him dominating 5'8 guys don't do it for me. 

It's not so much that I'm down on him.  I just don't buy into the "he's the consensus #1 overall type of pick" hype and is a guaranteed superstar player in the NBA.

The guy scores because he takes advantage of his size against smaller, less athletic players.  His first step isn't great.  His ability to handle the basketball is below average, and this is the reason he is going to struggle to create his own shot in the NBA.  I see him struggle to beat high school kids off the dribble, so there is nothing there that makes me believe he is going to be able to do it in the NBA.  

Jackson should have more hype behind him.  For whatever reason, the shoe companies don't want to push him as a top prospect, but he's definite top 10 on my board right now.  I like his length and overall skill level.  I love his ability to defend.  He's got potential to be a two way stretch four in the NBA.  

Jackson and Collin Sexton are two of the more egregiously underrated prospects being discussed for the 2018 draft while Porter and Bagley are two of the more egregiously overrated prospects being discussed for the 2018 draft.

20 hours ago, Guard said:

Here is Ayton's first game as a Wildcat.

It's mind numbing how poorly developed these so called superstar prospects are.  Ayton won't make an impact in the NBA till his 3rd year at best.  I'm not convinced he has the character and work ethic to realize his potential and take to hard coaching.

His footwork in the post is nonexistent.  His defensive awareness is nonexistent.  He is tall and can run and jump.  It's pretty clear to me that he has been overrated because he can overwhelm weak competition.  

The most impressive freshman in this class, by far, is Collin Sexton.  Very impressed with this kid's game!  My one concern with him is that he loves to be flashy, and I don't care much for flashiness.  However, this kid has that dog in him.  Watching him in conditioning drills, he is blowing his teammates away.  This kid has the intangibles.  He's my #2 guy behind Doncic.

• Like 1