• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2018 draft

bleachkit

Just now, aali34 said:

But he plays hard, can play defense on the perimeter, and handles the ball well for his size

His handles are OK in wide spaces, but he can't handle the ball in tight spaces.  I do like the fact that he projects as a guy who can defend 1-5, but I don't buy into his perimeter ability or his off the dribble ability.  To me, he's the defense > offense version of John Collins.  Similar length and athleticism, Collins's jump shot is more projectable to me on offense.  Now, when it is all said and done, most people will look back at this draft and say that John Collins should have been a top 5 pick, and that's going to be true, IMO (I had him as a top 10 prospect in the draft period before the draft).  So, Bagley should probably be a top 6-7 guy in this draft, but he's not a guy I go into the tank to get.

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, KB21 said:

His handles are OK in wide spaces, but he can't handle the ball in tight spaces.  I do like the fact that he projects as a guy who can defend 1-5, but I don't buy into his perimeter ability or his off the dribble ability.  To me, he's the defense > offense version of John Collins.  Similar length and athleticism, Collins's jump shot is more projectable to me on offense.  Now, when it is all said and done, most people will look back at this draft and say that John Collins should have been a top 5 pick, and that's going to be true, IMO (I had him as a top 10 prospect in the draft period before the draft).  So, Bagley should probably be a top 6-7 guy in this draft, but he's not a guy I go into the tank to get.

I  disagree. But if that is the case, who are your top 5 if Doncic isn't available?

Miles Bridges is one of my favorites.  I'm ready to see him in more of a perimeter role this year after playing the four position as a freshman.  If he shows this season that he has the ability to win by taking people off the dribble, then he's the only guy in the draft that could challenge Luka Doncic for the top spot.  This guy is very explosive but also has a jumper. 

14 minutes ago, aali34 said:

Marvin Bagley Highlights

I know some are going to use the excuse that he's a freshman and such and such, but this guy isn't very good at this point.  He's got run and jump athleticism, but his feel for the game is nonexistent right now.  

Offensively this guy looks special. Playing vs future database managers but his touch looks great (80% free throw shooter in high school, 13/14 so far in exhibition) and he was nice passing out of doubles. Hopefully Sean Miller pushes him to be great on the defensive end too. Tenacious rebounder too.

Edited by DBac
  • Like 1

2017 NBA draft class will likely go down as one of the deepest classes we have ever seen. But with all due respect to Lonzo Ball, Markelle Fultz and Jayson Tatum, Missouri freshman forward sensation Michael Porter and the 2018 NBA draft class should have greater star power.

“Any one of them in the top four next year would have gone first in this year’s draft,” one longtime NBA scout told The Undefeated. “That’s not a knock on this year’s draft, nor is it saying it wasn’t good. It had a lot of depth in it, more than next year will. There is no one in this year’s draft that could be a franchise player, but there is a couple in next year’s draft.”

https://theundefeated.com/features/top-12-ncaa-basketball-players-suited-for-nba-draft/

It's beyond obvious that the top four to five range of this draft is very strong. You just don't get players  as intriguing as guys like Ayton, Bamba, Porter, and Doncic in the same draft. Especially considering four of the top prospects are expected to play either the 4 or the 5.