• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

FYI on Hawks Gear

615Hawk

• Premium Member

Still waiting for there to exist out there somewhere a volt-colored hat--not just the logo, but a hat itself that is volt colored. Haven't looked intensively for one, but you'd think that if you could find one anywhere, it would be on the Hawks site.

• Premium Member

I realize I'm the outlier here, but I've never understood the desire to wear a player jersey. It feels like a form of celebrity worship to me, I guess, and what's more, these guys almost always change teams eventually, and at that point the jersey becomes obsolete. Rather put my limited monies toward merch that is team specific, not player specific. But again, I get it that I'm in the minority on that.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, sturt said:

I realize I'm the outlier here, but I've never understood the desire to wear a player jersey. It feels like a form of celebrity worship to me, I guess, and what's more, these guys almost always change teams eventually, and at that point the jersey becomes obsolete. Rather put my limited monies toward merch that is team specific, not player specific. But again, I get it that I'm in the minority on that.

I thought exactly the same thing as you, but then I put on a Marvin Williams jersey and immediately fell trying get a rebound, then got up walking with a duck butt.  There might be something to it.

• Like 1

• Moderators
On 7/1/2017 at 0:30 PM, sturt said:

Still waiting for there to exist out there somewhere a volt-colored hat--not just the logo, but a hat itself that is volt colored. Haven't looked intensively for one, but you'd think that if you could find one anywhere, it would be on the Hawks site.

Pretty sure @sturt is just too cheap to seek a restraining order requiring @Sothron to remain 100 feet away.  Figures the hat will do the trick just fine for $15.

• Like 2