• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Sap is gone to Denver

GameTime

4 minutes ago, DBac said:

Huh? The second rounder that got traded down was from Brooklyn from the Joe Johnson trade. The Cavs pick is in 2019 and top 10 protected, which looks better by the day as Lebron looks more likely to leave. Just gotta hope Kyrie can carry them lol.

My mistake on the picks. But we'll see if Lebron is still there or not. I think he'll still be there.

So Sap saying he wanted to stay was just for the remainder of the season.  So he and Bud talked before the All-star break and Bud said, "we're not trading you,". The end result is the same as Alice wanting to remain a Hawk.  He bolted.

Bud set this team back with thinking we'd do more than exit after the first round.  I support this team for life but I fully expect this nonsense to be going on for another 30 years. Smh 

• Like 3

Also, for those of you that wanted to tank or rebuild, I don't want to see a flipping one of you complain when things aren't progressing as quickly as you believed it would!!

When we are on years 5 and 6 in this rebuild, you keep your damn mouths shut.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Also, for those of you that wanted to tank or rebuild, I don't want to see a flipping one of you complain when things aren't progressing as quickly as you believed it would!!

When we are on years 5 and 6 in this rebuild, you keep your damn mouths shut.

But we're not doing a full rebuild if you take Schlenk at his word.

• Like 1

Just now, phoostal said:

That's what gets me pissed is having the front office lie to the fans.  Just be honest you owe it to your fans. 

They did start walking their language back on Sap to the point where it was obvious that he wasn't coming back.

I don't think the NBA wants teams openly saying they are rebuilding anymore though. That's why they forced Hinkie out, it's bad for league revenue if everybody starts trying to lose on purpose.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, deester11 said:

So Sap saying he wanted to stay was just for the remainder of the season.  So he and Bud talked before the All-star break and Bud said, "we're not trading you,". The end result is the same as Alice wanting to remain a Hawk.  He bolted.

Bud set this team back with thinking we'd do more than exit after the first round.  I support this team for life but I fully expect this nonsense to be going on for another 30 years. Smh 

How dare you slander the Anchorman! We are the ones that didn't want him anymore. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, phoostal said:

That's what gets me pissed is having the front office lie to the fans.  Just be honest you owe it to your fans. 

Exactly!   Don't piss on my leg and tell me it is raining.  Don't sit there and say you aren't doing what the 76ers did and then proceed to do it.  Don't talk about gaining flexibility and signing good deals when your best player just signed a very good and tradeable deal with another team.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, DBac said:

Can't believe the Hawks are rebuilding. Exciting times for real. 

This isn't like the nfl where you can just tank and get #1 picks... this so called "rebuild"  is going to backfire. I say it's gonna take at least 5 seasons before hawks even reach the playoffs again. By that time, hopefully the team is gone.

43 minutes ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

No S&T? That means for Teague, Korver, Caroll, Sap and Horford they got a one f***in' role player in Prince? 

There isn't a bigger joke of a franchise than this one. They make me sick.

Bud is a disgrace as GM. He could have at least called Danny Ferry and asked what he should do. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Twinblade said:

This isn't like the nfl where you can just tank and get #1 picks... this so called "rebuild"  is going to backfire. I say it's gonna take at least 5 seasons before hawks even reach the playoffs again. By that time, hopefully the team is gone.

It depends on how good Schlenk is at evaluating talent and anticipating league trends + Bud putting them in the right spots to succeed. Could be the Magic (squandered the entire Dwight trade haul) or the Blazers (back on their feet after one year.. although I hope we don't go crazy with overpaying role players). 

7 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

The Hawks are stuck in Atlanta for 30 years since the city is paying for the stadium renovations. I'm hyped for the rebuild.