• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Sap is gone to Denver

GameTime

1 minute ago, CP61 said:

The Hawks are stuck in Atlanta for 30 years since the city is paying for the stadium renovations. I'm hyped for the rebuild. 

Gotta add a bar, just so fans don't remember this crappy team... team motto next season. Bring liquor, bring bud.

25 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Also, for those of you that wanted to tank or rebuild, I don't want to see a flipping one of you complain when things aren't progressing as quickly as you believed it would!!

When we are on years 5 and 6 in this rebuild, you keep your damn mouths shut.

I'm not an advocate for tanking but what exactly would your plan have been? 

I hope Tony Ressler is happy. We had a 60 win team and have nothing to show for it. Im so disappointed at how this team has been ran since Ferry has been gone. We lost our 2 best players and all stars for absolutely nothing. I cant even get excited about a rebuild when we dont even have assets to be excited about. 

This is organization is beyond pathetic. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, deester11 said:

Lol. Less about Paul than it is about our stellar front office 

Yeah. Say what you want about the front office, but Paul did nothing wrong. He's been nothing but a class act his entire time in Atlanta. He better not get a single boo when Denver comes to town.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
35 minutes ago, DBac said:

Huh? The second rounder that got traded down was from Brooklyn from the Joe Johnson trade. The Cavs pick is in 2019 and top 10 protected, which looks better by the day as Lebron looks more likely to leave. Just gotta hope Kyrie can carry them lol.

The second rounder was pick number 31.. which is 1 pick away from the first round with no guaranteed Money.  We were dumb.  Who are the FAs that Schlenk is targetting for this young exciting team.

I told you last week... this is a rebuild (tank style). 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Diesel said:

The second rounder was pick number 31.. which is 1 pick away from the first round with no guaranteed Money.  We were dumb.  Who are the FAs that Schlenk is targetting for this young exciting team.

I told you last week... this is a rebuild (tank style). 

Oh yeah trust me I was furious when they traded back. Was just clarifying the pick situation.

Just now, tonegully said:

I hope Tony Ressler is happy. We had a 60 win team and have nothing to show for it. Im so disappointed at how this team has been ran since Ferry has been gone. We lost our 2 best players and all stars for absolutely nothing. I cant even get excited about a rebuild when we dont even have assets to be excited about. 

This is organization is beyond pathetic. 

This is why we needed to bottom out. We don't have any attractive assets aside from Dennis who's a bottom 10 starting PG. This team is literally in the bottom 25 at every position for starters. The bench is extremely weak. Our cap room is a non-starter. This team is capped out and terrible. But that's good. We need to be terrible for at least three seasons. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Dolfan23 said:

This is my issue. This front office and ownership has never been on the same page since Ferry has been gone. 

Lets start with Carroll, They knew they didnt want to spend money to keep him, they shouldve had a player in mind to replace him with. From the draft or FA but they didnt and drop the ball on that.

Next, They (front office and ownership) shouldve sat down in January 2016 and decided if they were going to offer Al max money. If not..move him at the deadline to get some thing in return. They didnt and Al leaves for nothing and Owners runs and gets Howard, I guess to sell tickets because if absolutley didnt fit into anything were doing.

Then they trade Korver but dont trade Sap. The owner ONCE AGAIN stops the move of Millsap then runs his big mouth saying he will directly deal with Millsap contract. BAM..we lose Millsap for absolutely nothing. 

No young player or draft picks to show for 2 dam all stars and very important parts of this team. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dolfan23 said:

I would have resigned Paul to the exact deal he got from Denver, and I would have gone up to $100 million over 3 years to do it.  

• Like 3

This is my issue. This front office and ownership has never been on the same page since Ferry has been gone. 

Lets start with Carroll, They knew they didnt want to spend money to keep him, they shouldve had a player in mind to replace him with. From the draft or FA but they didnt and drop the ball on that.

Next, They (front office and ownership) shouldve sat down in January 2016 and decided if they were going to offer Al max money. If not..move him at the deadline to get some thing in return. They didnt and Al leaves for nothing and Owners runs and gets Howard, I guess to sell tickets because if absolutley didnt fit into anything were doing.

Then they trade Korver but dont trade Sap. The owner ONCE AGAIN stops the move of Millsap then runs his big mouth saying he will directly deal with Millsap contract. BAM..we lose Millsap for absolutely nothing. 

No young player or draft picks to show for 2 dam all stars and very important parts of this team. 

You must have forgotten. They tried to bring in another big so they can flip Sap or Carroll. Remember they wanted Pau Gasol and Luol Deng. They wanted some players in FA. They just struck out. They tried to build a contender via FA. They simply swung and missed. 

There wasn't any great offers for Sap during ASB. They felt making the playoffs was better than Terrance Ross and a late 1st. 

Simply put, the Hawks had limited options. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

This is why we needed to bottom out. We don't have any attractive assets aside from Dennis who's a bottom 10 starting PG. This team is literally in the bottom 25 at every position for starters. The bench is extremely weak. Our cap room is a non-starter. This team is capped out and terrible. But that's good. We need to be terrible for at least three seasons. 

Thats if we are lucky. 3 years if we get a top 5 pick those 3 years and hit on them. We already struggle brining in free agents when we were making the playoffs. RIght now its looking like that barbershop and top golf suite gonna be empty by december this year. I wouldnt pay full price to see this team currently constructed.

• Like 1

Just now, KB21 said:

I would have resigned Paul to the exact deal he got from Denver, and I would have gone up to $100 million over 3 years to do it.  

So the 8th seed 40 win treadmill is your grand plan? Sorry 40 win 8th seed treadmill lead by a 30 million dollar a year who with a much better cast couldn't do anything but get spanked out of the playoffs every year. 

• Like 4

Thats if we are lucky. 3 years if we get a top 5 pick those 3 years and hit on them. We already struggle brining in free agents when we were making the playoffs. RIght now its looking like that barbershop and top golf suite gonna be empty by december this year. I wouldnt pay full price to see this team currently constructed.

Well, this is the hard part. We got to hit on them. 

I don't mind that we're rebuilding with how GS looks. But what kills me is that we should be acquiring assets during this time and we've let two stars walk without getting anything in return. At least we turned Teague into Prince. Should have tried to do the same thing with Al and Paul. 

Anything would have been been better than nothing. 

• Like 2

Just now, NBASupes said:

Well, this is the hard part. We got to hit on them. 

This will be longer than three years. Im just posting this so im hopefully wrong when i look back it. But we have absolutely no assets. We need to take on that Cole Aldridge contract, i heard Minny attaching a pick to it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tonegully said:

You aren't taking into account the developmental time that will be needed for said pick.  The Hawks are looking at no fewer than 5 years in the lottery with their decisions.

• Like 4