• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Sap is gone to Denver

GameTime

3 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Whose to say that they wouldn't have?

You give them Howard and Baze, maybe they re-sign Teague and still stay in the playoff picture.

We don't know because we didn't even try.

All reports from Indiana was that they wanted to rebuild and get younger players or draft picks in return for PG. Even though the package they received from OKC wasn't much, I doubt they would've wanted a bad contract in Baze and an aging, past his prime Dwight.

Could have traded Horford before his contract expired.

Could have traded Sap before his contract expired.

Some of us saw a rebuild needed for years. We could have had a leg up on it (trades for draft picks, young players), but now it's going to start at the very bottom.

Edited by RWF
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, DBac said:

Why would Indiana take on Dwight and move their best young piece (Myles Turner) out of his most comfortable position? 

So to the people who don't think this is a tank job, who are you looking at to make the team competitive and 'fun'? I became a pretty big Jon Simmons fan, I'd love to see him dunking on people for the Hawks. I've gotta admit though, he does kinda profile a lot like the guy who will be a pretty big FA bust (Solomon Hill, Kent Bazemore, etc). I think JoVal is a monster for Toronto who isn't used enough, so I wouldn't mind if they tried to make a move to add him via trade since there is a huge void at the C spot. Probably want a more mobile guy at the 5 though.

Because Turner can play both positions.  Myles' offensive game is more midrange, than post.  He took almost 400 jumpers from 16+ feet.   Dwight anchoring the paint, with Myles roaming as an extra defender, is actually kind of scary.  Plus, instead of Jefferson, you can have Myles playing center with the 2nd unit.

With Indiana also needing another wing, they very well may have taken a deal involving Howard and Baze.

Just now, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Because Turner can play both positions.  Myles' offensive game is more midrange, than post.  He took almost 400 jumpers from 16+ feet.   Dwight anchoring the paint, with Myles roaming as an extra defender, is actually kind of scary.  Plus, instead of Jefferson, you can have Myles playing center with the 2nd unit.

With Indiana also needing another wing, they very well may have taken a deal involving Howard and Baze.

We'll just have to disagree, to me it makes very little sense to move your centerpiece to accommodate for a stopgap player. They've been adding young PFs to try alongside Myles too. 

12 minutes ago, ATLHawks3 said:

All reports from Indiana was that they wanted to rebuild and get younger players or draft picks in return for PG. Even though the package they received from OKC wasn't much, I doubt they would've wanted a bad contract in Baze and an aging, past his prime Dwight.

If that's true, that's fair.  But I doubt that's true.   Indiana messed around and got stuck.  There's nothing to do in Indianapolis on a cold winter night, so the Pacers has been a top entertainment alternative.  As fans say, they are NOT a "tanking fanbase".  They will prefer "treadmill" over "tank".  They were just forced to tank when they got caught with their pants down.

3 minutes ago, DBac said:

We'll just have to disagree, to me it makes very little sense to move your centerpiece to accommodate for a stopgap player. They've been adding young PFs to try alongside Myles too. 

Oh you mean the great Thaddeus Young.   Would Turner + Young a better frontcourt duo over Howard + Turner?   

1 minute ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Oh you mean the great Thaddeus Young.   Would Turner + Young a better frontcourt duo over Howard + Turner?   

In today's NBA yes since both have range beyond 15 feet.

1 minute ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

No, they're trying to move Thad Young actually. They drafted TJ Leaf and acquired Domantas Sabonis from OKC in hopes that one of them is their PF of the future. 

And being better immediately isn't in their best interest. Otherwise they would've just kept Paul George who is better than Dwight or those PFs. 

3 hours ago, BrazilianHawk said:

yes, of course. 'like the next Marvin, Shelden or Acie Law. You can dream all you want.

Or the next Koncak, Keefe, or Al Wood? Or the next Childress or Dermarr Johnson?

I've been preaching this for how long? This team is as trusting in the draft as a fat guy is in winning the 100m sprint in the Summer Olympics...

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

They got almost nothing for the 60 win team. Prince is barely better than nothing.

I disagree a bit. Prince is a baller and will have room to show out this season as a full time starter. But beyond that....I agree.

2 hours ago, Dolfan23 said:

We don't have nothing. We have 30 million more to spend than we would had we given it to Millsap. 

What follows is the list of the top players at each position still available.

POINT GUARDS
4. George Hill: 
8. Derrick Rose:
9. Darren Collison

SHOOTING GUARDS
2. Dion Waiters
3. Kentavious Caldwell-Pope (R): 
4. Jonathon Simmons (R): 
5. Tim Hardaway Jr. (R): 
7. Manu Ginobili:

SMALL FORWARDS

1. Gordon Hayward:
3. Rudy Gay:
5. C.J. Miles: 
6. Andre Roberson (R):
7. Tyreke Evans: 
10. Bojan Bogdanovic (R):

POWER FORWARDS

1. Kevin Durant:
5. Danilo Gallinari: 
6. JaMychal Green (R):
7. Dirk Nowitzki: 
8. James Johnson:
9. Zach Randolph:
11. Nikola Mirotic (R): 
12. Michael Beasley: 
14. Ersan Ilyasova
15. Patrick Patterson: 
16. Jeff Green

CENTERS

1. Nerlens Noel (R):
2. Pau Gasol: 
3. Kelly Olynyk (R): 
4. Mason Plumlee (R):
6. Dewayne Dedmon: 
7. Marreese Speights: 
8. Alex Len (R):

So who on this list do you see that 30 mil going to?