• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

GOODBYE THJ!

JTB

3 minutes ago, deester11 said:

This is what I've been harping about.  I didn't want nor did I think the Hawks would match that crazy salary, but the Hawks are paying for the transgressions of a madman! HA.  Well, the so-called flexibility is there.  What Schlenk does in the next few months will see that magnitude of that rebuild I guess.

IMHO, we dodged a bullet.

Bud could not have cared less about the future. I think we can all agree about that. 

Were paying for that mindset now. I'm glad he wasn't BK in terms of asset management, but he was God awful. 

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Afro said:

I disagree. Portis/oubre are something. 

We literally have nothing from that now. 

THjr won games for us, by anyone's measure... against playoff teams no less... against the NBA runner-up no less.

Neither of those two players have even sniffed winning a game for their teams so far. Not saying it won't happen. But only looking at what we *know*, getting THjr was the best option. And had he been more reasonably priced, he still might be a Hawk.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, sturt said:

Right. So very strange that a player chosen #4 > one chosen #12. Crazy stuff.

So you're saying the only good thing was Phil got to pick higher? 

I'm not sure you're helping bud here lol

3 minutes ago, sturt said:

THjr won games for us, by anyone's measure... against playoff teams no less... against the NBA runner-up no less.

Neither of those two players have even sniffed winning a game for their teams so far. Not saying it won't happen. But only looking at what we *know*, getting THjr was the best option. And had he been more reasonably priced, he still might be a Hawk.

Again I just disagree. 

I quite enjoyed THJ. But he won a handful of games on a team that wasn't doing anything, and now he's gone in a time when we desperately need as much help for the future as we can get(enter oubre/Portis)

3 hours ago, Diesel said:

What do you think happens if he is given starters minutes?

He'd put up bigger numbers obv.

THAT wouldn't make him a better player though, and I'd bet his PER would actually drop.

He's got some J Crossover to him (impact and role, not style) and Jamal's was seen as a very bad contract at 16.

Look, I'm not saying there isn't room for continuing growth, but he's also 26 (right?) already.

The fact that this offer is being roundly panned league-wide tells me all I need to know.

6 hours ago, sturt said:

Bobby Portis posted 19 points 8-10 shooting 9 rebounds 3 assist 2 blocks in game 1 of the playoffs against the Celtics. A game the Bulls surprisingly won. He was the second highest scorer and rebounder. I didn't see anything like that from THJ in the playoffs. Again Portis first two seasons per is  13.8 and 14.9. THJ was a sub 13 per guy his first three seasons; he was sub 12 per just last season, and barely cracked 15 in his career best contract year. It seems to me Portis' career trajectory is on a higher slope than THJ's and he's almost caught him in year two. If your going to compare players doesn't it make sense to compare their progressions at congruent times? By your logic we win the Sar for Gasol trade because Sar was better in the first couple of years.  I'm thinking Portis may start this year,  so it will be interesting to see how he does with more usage. His career per 36 projects him to be a 15 and 11 guy  at 20% usage which is pretty good. 

6 hours ago, Afro said:

Another wasted first round pick. 

Jesus bud. 

I'm really not sure why Bud keeps getting the blame.  Wilcox was the GM.

Anyway, 13 pages of debate and the Hawks did what most believe is right.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Pretty sure no one wants to "own" THJr's contract in New York.  They want a future there that doesn't involve having the picture of that presser thrown in their face over the next 4 years.

• Moderators
1 minute ago, benhillboy said:

I glanced at that this morning but didn't fully understand.  Let me get it straight: Tim did an introductory presser in a t shirt and hoop shorts without anyone from the Knicks brass?  You can't make that shit up.

Crazy.  They are so incompetent and it starts with Dolan and just cascades down that organization.