• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

GOODBYE THJ!

JTB

8 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Our squad is worse than Brooklyn last year and sadly, there are some terrible rosters in the East. Look at Chicago but Atlanta might take the tank cake

I dont think our entire teams PPG hits 70.

All of the insiders remain consistent that our number was 4/45 

So I'm going to assume that THJ is gone and the Knicks are another team that are likely better than the Hawks. Honestly unless Dennis or the young guys break out (which is great!) I truly believe that us, the Magic, Nets, and Bulls are in our own tier of awfulness in the east.

Get aquainted

• Like 1

2 hours ago, capstone21 said:

I wouldn't match if Baez wasn't here either ... it's a terrible contract.  He should have gotten something near 11 per year.  He is really a sixth man type and just an average one at that.  I wish him luck

He's very young and still developing. That's the going rate for a starting SG these days and that is what he is now.

So I just took a look at the cap situation. Including Crawford, if we matched THj, we're sitting at about $92 million in salary this year.  No reason to pull off of this deal quite yet. If we match Timmy and move Crawford, we're still sitting fine salary wise with no real free agents to resign in the coming years.They can match this fine.  4 years 71 million is $17.75 mil per year but its a starting salary of about $16.5. No reason to panic.  Its about what I and a number of other posters said he'd get.  

Looking at next year's roster is Timmy leaves and Crawford stays, we might have nights where we give up 140.

7 hours ago, willthepureshooter said:

Not a bad offer in this current NBA climate for a 25 year old player that's actually developing. This is what happens when you play the waiting game. You get desperate teams making sizeable offers because they missed out on the tier 1 players. Meanwhile, Schlenk has taken on almost $30m in salary for a 1st round pick and a prospect. Prepare for the bs show ladies and gentlemen. 

Yep.  No matter who the GM is, they're always playing that "waiting game" and letting the market set the price, instead of actually negotiating themselves.

Dennis must be waking up this morning like . . . WTF?   And I bet no one in the organization is even talking to him either, to explain their "game plan".

- Demarre gone

- Teague gone

- Horford gone

- Mike Scott gone

- Korver gone

- Dwight gone

- Millsap gone

- Hardaway Jr gone

- Sefolosha ( should be gone )

- Muscala ( should be gone )

The only ones left,are Dennis . . and . . Bazemore.

A 60 WIN BASKETBALL TEAM .  .. REDUCED TO (( BLEEPING )) RUBBLES!!

Image result for nino brown stabs hakim gif

LOL . . so much for that A+ grade for Schlenk.  This is a classic case of a GM tearing everything down, to build his own vision.  At this rate, don't be surprised if Dennis is dealt as well.

Edited by TheNorthCydeRises
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, thecampster said:

So I just took a look at the cap situation. Including Crawford, if we matched THj, we're sitting at about $92 million in salary this year.  No reason to pull off of this deal quite yet. If we match Timmy and move Crawford, we're still sitting fine salary wise with no real free agents to resign in the coming years.They can match this fine.  4 years 71 million is $17.75 mil per year but its a starting salary of about $16.5. No reason to panic.  Its about what I and a number of other posters said he'd get.  

Looking at next year's roster is Timmy leaves and Crawford stays, we might have nights where we give up 140.

Exactly!

6 hours ago, marco102 said:

There was a podcast that stated that 60% of teams will be in the luxury tax next year.  Just wait this foolishness out, tank this year and go get some free agents next year.

Also, it seems THjr wanted to stick it to Budcox.  They gave Dennis 4 year /$70 extension so he made sure he got 4 yr / $71 million.

That $1 million is the middle finger to the Hawks.

So you're blaming THJ for getting a big contract?   No sir.  This was a desperate team in New York ( which we will be in 3 years ) making a power move to bring in young talent, even if they have to overpay.  Remember in 2005, when we overpaid to bring in Joe Johnson.  Same thing.  They're banking that THJ can become at least their version of JJ.

• Like 1

Just now, wolvetigers said:

LOL...what did THJ do to you...is that any worse than Bazemore's deal? WAKE UP!

Yeah Kent's deal is awful too, but there is no reason to have two overpaid borderline starters as wings...

• Like 1

Just now, rd79 said:

Yeah Kent's deal is awful too, but there is no reason to have two overpaid borderline starters as wings...

You don't think Tim Hardaway, a 25year old shooting guard avg 15pts per game is worth starting for the Hawks?

I mean who are you waiting for? Ray Allen is not walking through that door, Klay Thompson is not walking through that door.....Some hawks fans dont get it - you want to go back to 2006 when we were hoping for a lottery win and couldn't get one free agent to come to ATL...With that said i agree the deal is slightly higher than i thought, but locking up Dennis and THJ, our backcourt for the next 4 years is a great idea. Then use the draft to find a future star PF, C or even more assets. This is CHESS not checkers

• Premium Member

After reconsidering everything...

Us matching the Knicks.. may be the best thing we can do.   I preach get the most for your assets.  THJr is only 25.  He's averaging ~15ppg in about 27 mpg.   He works hard.  He has learned our system and he has changed his style of play and become a better defender because our coach told him to do so.   He shot 45.5 from the field and ~36 from three.   He's athletic and could be a star in this league.

Here's why you take him.  See if he pans out of if he's not what we want.  He has a very movable contract if he is not what we want and he has a good contract if he becomes a star.   

With our lack of talent, he will get more minutes, more shots, and probably raise his stock a lot.  Being that we can easily afford him.. especially if we move Crawford or buy him out on the cheap.. I say... Let's match. 

What do you think?