• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

GOODBYE THJ!

JTB

Thought THJ would get this deal before free agency began, but then thought it would be closer to $14m/year after seeing other offers and the Waiters deal.

We have plenty of cap space to match it, but I don't think we should. THJ needs to improve quite a bit to make this deal moveable with its 15% trade kicker. Don't want to be sitting on three contracts (Bazemore, Plumlee and potentially THJ) that aren't moveable for guys that aren't true starter worthy. I'll take the cap space instead for now.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, PSSSHHHRRR87 said:

Good for TH Jr, but I do feel a little used... It's like the Knicks shipped off TH Jr to Bud's summer camp and now they're picking him up.

Don't begrudge THJ one bit for this deal.  Dude's gotta go get his.  BUT, I also won't feel sorry for him if the Hawks decline to match and he has to deal with the mess that is the NYK front office.  He HAD to know when he signed that offer sheet that the Hawks wouldn't likely match so in my mind, he was signing to leave Atlanta.  That's fine.  I wish him well, but I have a feeling he's going to regret going to the Knicks. 

• Like 1

• Admin
5 minutes ago, PSSSHHHRRR87 said:

Good for TH Jr, but I do feel a little used... It's like the Knicks shipped off TH Jr to Bud's summer camp and now they're picking him up.

Well picking him up for a very handcuffing contract ... 15% trade kicker ... really??

• Moderators

Pepperidge Farm Remembers!

http://nypost.com/2015/06/29/tim-hardaway-i-wont-forget-phil-jacksons-diss/

New Hawks shooting guard Tim Hardaway Jr. says he will use Knicks president Phil Jackson’s critical remarks about him Friday as motivation.

In explaining why he gave up on Hardaway, the Zen Master said he believed Notre Dame senior point guard Jerian Grant has more of the attributes the Knicks want from a guard.

“Once I heard him say that, all hands on deck now,” Hardaway told reporters Monday at his introductory press conference in Atlanta. “Obviously as a basketball player, you take that to heart. So, it’s time to move on, get better, and when the time comes, the time comes. Right now, it’s all about Atlanta basketball.”

~lw3

• Like 2

The Knicks management is attempting to right a wrong by getting Hardaway back. Who in many opinions was moved on the cheap because Jackson was so desperate for a PG.

I am not sure paying Tim this much is righting a wrong; but it is showing those in Phils camp he made a blunder moving someone who would have been their starting SG for such a bad pick. After the dust settled, they ended up with Jerian Grant and could have ended up with Otto Porter.

Either Porter or Hardaway are better players than Grant; so he basically missed twice in one night.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

The Baze signing was the worst. I said at the time it was bad idea, no one listened to me. I was summarily dismissed, "that's the market" blah, blah. 70 million is the going rate for a limited, back small forward? 

But back then there have been at least other suitors who offered Baze more than we did. 
This time it seems there was nobody the Knicks had to overbid at this price tag. They just overpaid on purpose to distract the Hawks from matching...

Edited by rd79
  • Like 1

Just now, lethalweapon3 said:

Hello, Ty-D-Bol!

~lw3

I like Dorsey for what we will be paying him. Cheap player with possible upside; cannot expect anymore than that in the 2nd round.

• Like 2

I think it's unfair to compare it to Baze's contract. Last year, most teams went nuts, and as someone else posted, Baze did give up money to stay in Atlanta. So regardless of how bad his contract is today, that was the market price last year. This year is a whole different story, with teams being more conservative and responsible. So based on today's market value for someone like THJ, it is definitely an overpay. Hate to see him go, but we can't tie $33 million of our cap space between Baze and THJ. Especially with Bellineli, Bembry and Dorsey already in our roster.  To top it off, the contract has a 15% trade kicker making it that much tougher to move the contract down the line. 

Lastly, someone else also mentioned it, but we're in a great position going into the '18 off-season with both cap space and assets. Let's not ruin that by being reactive because of a desperate team in NY. 

• Like 2

Well, guess who our starting SG is at the moment. Now am not sure Marco does get traded since he is the only gun off the bench at the swing with any NBA experience. Also assuming Dorsey gets most of his minutes at backup point, have no idea there. Didn't think we would end up with a one-two of Baze and Marco at SG this year but... Things can still happen. Don't see an average of almost 18 million getting matched by Schlenk because of the position on the floor is SG. Not many hours remaining for a maneuver. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, rd79 said:

@Diesel why do you open a topic for every thought you have? Why not just answer the topic we already have about the THJ offer sheet? No offense, I'm just curious about that... 

Well, I wanted to keep a poll open for the topic I opened...   I had put a poll in  and thought it would be interesting to see how many people agreed or disagreed.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Dolfan23 said:

We will get the same or production out of Belli, Bembry, and Dorsey for half of that amount. 

BBD the east coast family? Oh man it's too early for this nonsense 

Bembry is not even a pro at this time.  Dorsey??  Seriously... 

Just because we draft them.. doesn't mean that they are good.