• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2017 Dynasty Draft - Pick Selection and Discussion Thread

AHF

With the 10th pick, I select…

Kyrie Irving

Not much needs to be said about this pick.  Last season he was healthy and averaged career highs in PPG (25.2), FG% (47.3%), 3P% (40.1%), and FT% (90.5%).  I think his assists will increase dramatically when he’s actually playing the Point Guard position.  I won’t even hold it against him that he thinks the earth is flat (my husband does too…drives me crazy).  At 24 years old, he has many seasons ahead of him.  Given the opportunity, I believe he will step into his role as a leader. 

Image result for kyrie irving

@AHF You are up again!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, HopefulHawksFan said:

With the 10th pick, I select…

Kyrie Irving

Not much needs to be said about this pick.  Last season he was healthy and averaged career highs in PPG (25.2), FG% (47.3%), 3P% (40.1%), and FT% (90.5%).  I think his assists will increase dramatically when he’s actually playing the Point Guard position.  I won’t even hold it against him that he thinks the earth is flat (my husband does too…drives me crazy).  At 24 years old, he has many seasons ahead of him.  Given the opportunity, I believe he will step into his role as a leader. 

Image result for kyrie irving

@AHF You are up again!

I like your back court. Going to be hard matching up with those two!

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 1

• Moderators

From a fan angle, I hate this pick because there is someone out there I was hoping would make it back to me and he did and now I still can't take him.  But with someone out there who just finished his age 27 season and has finished in the top 2 in the MVP race in two out of the last three seasons while racking up a trifecta of First Team All-NBA selections it is hard to ignore that kind of talent.  Especially when it comes with positional flexibility of being able to man either guard spot and with the efficiency of another >.600% TS% to go with 29 points, 8 rebounds, and 11 assists.  He has averaged a crushing 26.5 PER, 15 WS and ~.240 WS/48 over the last 3 seasons while missing a grand total of 2 games.  While he has dominated the ball the last few seasons, he has proven he can also excel in a smaller role when playing with other stars.

Plus he rocks the beard.  

With the 11th pick of the draft, the U-Niques are compelled to select:

James Harden

J-harden.jpg

PG/SG:  James Harden

SF:  Kawhi Leonard

@capstone21 is back on the clock!

(and @jy23 remains on the clock)

• Like 3

• Admin

Shocked he is still on the board and was almost my previous pick...

Capstone's Crew selects:

Anthony Davis 6'11 PC/C 244lbs 24 yrs old

maxresdefault.jpg

I can't believe we get to pair this monster with the Greek Freak!!

The brow is the ultimate today's NBA big man ... mobile, smart and athletic (an understatement for this guy)

This kid gives it on both sides of the court and his abilities allows him to switch between center and power forward. 

Just listen to these numbers:

28ppg 11.8 rbg 2.1 apg 1.25spg 2.23 bpg .505 fg% and he even hits his free throws .800!!

WOW!!!

He has a history of injuries but he played 75 games last season....and has put that behind him.

The Crew is after two way players with a solid bbiq ...Greek and Brow ... man!!

@Diesel you are up

• Like 4

• Moderators

@Diesel - As above, please hold off for a minute while we give PSSSHHHRRR a chance to step in for jy23.  If PSSSHHHRRR shows up by 1:30 p.m. EST then cap and I will repick.  If he doesn't, then I will unhide both picks.

• Moderators
9 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

Sry, didn't see your post ... 

All good.  Just checked the signup thread and saw PSSSHHHRRR indicated an interest in being an alternate and no better time than the present for one of them.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, capstone21 said:

Shocked he is still on the board and was almost my previous pick...

Capstone's Crew selects:

Anthony Davis 6'11 PC/C 244lbs 24 yrs old

maxresdefault.jpg

I can't believe we get to pair this monster with the Greek Freak!!

The brow is the ultimate today's NBA big man ... mobile and smart and athletic (an understatement for this guy)

This kid gives it on both sides of the court and his abilities allows him to switch between center and power forward. 

Just listen to these numbers:

28ppg 11.8 rbg 2.1 apg 1.25spg 2.23 bpg .505 fg% and he even hits his free throws .800!!

WOW!!!

He has a history of injuries but he played 75 games last season....and has put that behind him.

The Crew is after two way players with a solid bbiq ...Greek and Brow ... man!!

@Diesel you are up

AD was the only big I considered at pick 3 over KAT. Had to take KAT's youth and improvement last season; but still to get AD in the 2nd is pretty good to say the least.

• Admin
Just now, Buzzard said:

AD was the only big I considered at pick 3 over KAT. Had to take KAT's youth and improvement last season; but still to get AD in the 2nd is pretty good to say the least.

My order were KAT , Greek Freak, AD so I am pretty stoked how it worked out so far

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AHF said:

From a fan angle, I hate this pick because there is someone out there I was hoping would make it back to me and he did and now I still can't take him.  But with someone out there who just finished his age 27 season and has finished in the top 2 in the MVP race in two out of the last three seasons while racking up a trifecta of First Team All-NBA selections it is hard to ignore that kind of talent.  Especially when it comes with positional flexibility of being able to man either guard spot and with the efficiency of another >.600% TS% to go with 29 points, 8 rebounds, and 11 assists.  He has averaged a crushing 26.5 PER, 15 WS and ~.240 WS/48 over the last 3 seasons while missing a grand total of 2 games.  While he has dominated the ball the last few seasons, he has proven he can also excel in a smaller role when playing with other stars.

Plus he rocks the beard.  

With the 11th pick of the draft, the U-Niques are compelled to select:

James Harden

J-harden.jpg

PG/SG:  James Harden

SF:  Kawhi Leonard

@capstone21 is back on the clock!

(and @jy23 remains on the clock)

I like the pick, took him as my 1st pick last season because he kept dropping. I did have a funny thought if him and Bron ended up on the same team. 

Scenario:

Twenty seconds to go in game seven of the finals with Bron and Harden's team down one. Bron brings the ball up the court and pounds another five seconds off the clock. Whole time he is thinking, I cannot take this shot, if I miss they will never consider me greater than MJ. He passes to Harden.

Harden at the top of the key dribbling and thinking I can't take this shot, I suck in the playoffs, so he then passes the ball back to Bron. Bron looks around at his teammates on the floor and then shouts to his bench " WTheF is Kyrie?"

Edited by Buzzard