• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2017 Dynasty Draft - Pick Selection and Discussion Thread

AHF

• Moderators
35 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I like the pick, took him as my 1st pick last season because he kept dropping. I did have a funny thought if him and Bron ended up on the same team. 

Scenario:

Twenty seconds to go in game seven of the finals with Bron and Harden's team down one. Bron brings the ball up the court and pounds another five seconds off the clock. Whole time he is thinking, I cannot take this shot, if I miss they will never consider me greater than MJ. He passes to Harden.

Harden at the top of the key dribbling and thinking I can't take this shot, I suck in the playoffs, so he then passes the ball back to Bron. Bron looks around at his teammates on the floor and then shouts to his bench " WTheF is Kyrie?"

Harden has actually been pretty good in the playoffs.  .590% TS% for his career (higher than Durant and LeBron among others) with 29, 6 and 9 on .583% TS% last season.  

I really wanted to take Anthony Davis but it was the combination of health issues (which I think remain a looming concern) and his total lack of big game experience in the pros in combination with the fact that Harden's production dwarfs his in recent years.  I think Davis has a lot more development left in him but just couldn't pass on Harden who I thought for sure would be gone when I was debating Kawhi, Harden and Davis with my first pick.

• Like 1

• Admin
52 minutes ago, Diesel said:

With the next pick in the draft, the Atlanta Ganstaslappas Select:

Paul George

0e5b6dd724f388a3ffa6664883b9fd48_crop_ex

Paul George is averaging 22.5 points, 6.2 rebounds and 3.3 assists shooting—45.3 percent from the field, 38.9 percent from deep and 92.1 percent from the charity stripe.   Alongside Westbrook, his defense and shooting will create openness for West to work. 

I am a Paul George fan ... love his all around game 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, AHF said:

Harden has actually been pretty good in the playoffs.  .590% TS% for his career (higher than Durant and LeBron among others) with 29, 6 and 9 on .583% TS% last season.  

Just cannot make a funny with you at all :)

All kidding aside, since being at Houston, where he gets to start and is clearly the man, his career TS% is .579 in the playoffs, it is .607 in the regular season with Houston.

Cannot pass up top five MVP talent this late in the draft which is exactly why last year I took him somewhere around 13 and I was shocked he dropped to me.

Edited by Buzzard

With the 16th pick the Flocking Buzzards select Gordon Hayward. This was an extremely tough choice as there are many all-star players still out there to choose from; but we feel the NBA is a game of mismatches and versatility. Gordon is truly a special talent at the Small Forward position, who also has the ability to play a big Shooting Guard if need be. Gordon has improved every season and we expect nothing less from our new sharp shooter.

Welcome to the Flock Gordon Hayward:

gordon-hayward-122914-getty-ftrjpg_wqfrr

@pimp is up next!

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, LucastheThird said:

I like the pace of the draft so far

It is about to hit a small wall. According to the rules, JY has 2 hours to make their selections. So doing the math, Pimp has eight hours which will be around 2:45PM tomorrow. Then JY will have two hours for each pick, putting us at 6:45PM. If Pimp gets theirs in before 7:00AM, the wait on JY will end at 11:00AM tomorrow.

I hate this is turning into a 8 player draft so far; but nothing we can do about it.

I'm not at home right now, so i can't do i write up, but i will do my write up in the morning.

i just want to make sure JY's clock start  early this morning 

ok 

With the next pick in the draft the Atl Air Force selects " Demarcus Cousins" 

• Like 2

Atl Air force select Demarcus Cousins
demarcus-cousins-pelicans.png

27ppg - 11rpg - 4.6 apg - 1.5 spg - 1.1 bpg -
10 in scoring and rebounding.
3x all-star , 2x All NBA 2nd team

Paring Cousins and Kevin Durant gives our team a devastatingly explosive offensive combination.
He has amazing footwork in the post and a nice touch around the basket, while also being able to step out and shoot the 3  
  (131 made 3s on 36% shooting in 16/17).

Cousins has top 10 talent, the only thing holding him back was his attitude, while on a losing team.
We think that putting him in a situation with Kevin Durant, where he has a chance to compete for a championship will, bring the best out of Cousins. 
cousinsdunk.0.gif

@jy23 
Cousins' skill level operating with his back to the basket is still as impressive as ever. He boasts extremely high levels of coordination, mobility, and footwork, a dangerous combination when paired with his physical attributes. - 

Edited by pimp
  • Like 3

• Moderators

As @Buzzard aptly noted, @jy23's egg-timer goes off in just under 40 minutes from now.

That'll bring us formally into the third round, and @pimp, Buzz, Yours Truly (already? Yikes!), @LucastheThird, and @Diesel will be the next five on the docket!

~lw3

• Admin
2 hours ago, pimp said:

Paring Cousins and Kevin Durant gives our team a devastatingly explosive offensive combination.
He has amazing footwork in the post and a nice touch around the basket, while also being able to step out and shoot the 3  

Cousins has top 10 talent, the only thing holding him back was his attitude, while on a losing team.
We think that putting him in a situation with Kevin Durant, where he has a chance to compete for a championship will, bring the best out of Cousins. 
cousinsdunk.0.gif

@jy23 
Cousins' skill level operating with his back to the basket is still as impressive as ever. He boasts extremely high levels of coordination, mobility, and footwork, a dangerous combination when paired with his physical attributes. - 

Cousins is an ahole who I don't like but you can't deny his talent ... he is a beast on the court

• Like 1

• Moderators
9 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

Cousins is an ahole who I don't like but you can't deny his talent ... he is a beast on the court

Since I mentioned the Stilt in my write-up of Jokic, I'll note from the same FanRag Sports article that, even with all the shifting sands around him, Boogie's 27.0 points, 11.0 rebounds, and 4.6 assists per game last season were met-or-exceeded in previous seasons only by Wilt, Kareem, Elgin, and The Big O. That's good company. And while that HOF quartet got their tallies by averaging over 40 minutes per game, Cousins' came in just 34.2 minutes per contest.

https://www.fanragsports.com/nba/settling-nba-twitter-debates-demarcus-cousins-vs-nikola-jokic/

~lw3

• Like 1

• Admin
6 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

Since I mentioned the Stilt in my write-up of Jokic, I'll note from the same FanRag Sports article that, even with all the shifting sands around him, Boogie's 27.0 points, 11.0 rebounds, and 4.6 assists per game last season were met-or-exceeded in previous seasons only by Wilt, Kareem, Elgin, and The Big O. That's good company. And while that HOF quartet got their tallies by averaging over 40 minutes per game, Cousins' came in just 34.2 minutes per contest.

https://www.fanragsports.com/nba/settling-nba-twitter-debates-demarcus-cousins-vs-nikola-jokic/

~lw3

Jokic is such an awesome passer for a man his size ... 

• Like 1

• Moderators

Cousins has always been off the charts productive on a per minute basis.  He has a very nice feel for scoring and rebounding and even is a pretty decent passer.  His only liabilities are mediocre defense and an inconsistent mental engagement.  Those aren't insignificant but if he overcomes the latter he could be the best big man in the league for a window of time.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, pimp said:

cousinsdunk.0.gif

@jy23 

Cousins was one of the many All-Stars I was looking at 16. If I did not already have one All-Star caliber big, I think he would have been a no brainer for me.

• Like 1

• Admin
52 minutes ago, AHF said:

Cousins has always been off the charts productive on a per minute basis.  He has a very nice feel for scoring and rebounding and even is a pretty decent passer.  His only liabilities are mediocre defense and an inconsistent mental engagement.  Those aren't insignificant but if he overcomes the latter he could be the best big man in the league for a window of time.

The big thing that has always held him back is his temper/maturity.  He is off the charts talent but the other side of the coin is what keeps him from being that elite big ... I am intrigued to see how he and Davis pair together for a full season.

• Like 1

• Moderators
30 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

I am intrigued to see how he and Davis pair together for a full season.

Me too.  I think they will need more than the worst wings in the league like last year.  Do you know which of their wings is projected to start this year?  I had hoped they might take on (EDIT: No way his name matters for this draft, but we can't mention undrafted players! ~lw3)'s contract or even be desperate enough to give some value for him.

• Like 1