2017 Dynasty Draft - Pick Selection and Discussion Thread

AHF

13 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Damnit... I was hacked three times.... 

With the next pick of the draft, the Atlanta Ganstaslappas Select, 

Kristaps Porzingis, New York Knicks

c1c0902c8506e5d474c50c27f9988678_crop_ex

Knick for Life...

2016-17 Per-Game Stats: 19.8 points, 7.6 rebounds, 1.3 assists, 0.7 steals, 2.0 blocks

Kristaps Porzingis can do everything, but it's his willingness to block shots and knock down attempts from long range that makes him so unique. Those two elements of his game have already allowed him to surpass Carmelo Anthony as the New York Knicks' best player, even if he's far from reaching his sky-high ceiling. 

Not only is Porzingis blocking two shots per game, but he's also allowing opponents to shoot just 42 percent at the rim. Among the 75 playersguarding no fewer than four shots at the hoop per contest (he's defending 7.5), no one is stingier. 

Cap is up...

I really think this guy is the next big euro star. He has a great game that is tailor made for today's NBA.

Edited by Buzzard

• Admin

With the next pick Capstone's Crew selects

DEVIN BOOKER SG 6'6 20 yrs old 

booker151123_777x442.jpg?itok=ph0rUoLh

22.1 ppg 3.4rpg 3.2apg

Say it with me 70 points!

we need a guy who can spread the floor, hit the three and play off the ball.  This kid is that guy.  He is the perfect compliment to the Greek Freak ... Devin is just 20 and is already turning into one of the most feared shooters in the league ... and he is only getting better.  

his ability to put the ball on the floor keeps defenses honest but you can't play off him because he will hit the 3 in your face ... his game opens it up for Freak and Brow.

We also love the fact that he is a very willing passer.  He fits our flow offense perfectly.

His defense is admittedly shaky but Booker is working on it.  Plus, he is already surrounded by two monster defenders!

The Crew is shaping up nicely!  Look out!

@AHF you are up

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

With the next pick Capstone's Crew selects

DEVIN BOOKER SG 6'6 20 yrs old 

booker151123_777x442.jpg?itok=ph0rUoLh

22.1 ppg 3.4rpg 3.2apg

Say it with me 70 points!

we need a guy who can spread the floor hit the three and play off the ball.  This kid is that guy.  He is the perfect compliment to the Greek Freak ... Devin is just 20 and is already turning into one of the most feared shooters in the league ... and he is only getting better.  

his ability to put the ball on the floor keeps defenses honest but you can't play off him because he will hit the 3 in your face ... his game opens it up for Freak and Brow.

We also love the fact that he is a very willing passer.  He fits our flow offense perfectly.

His defence is admittedly shaky but Booker is working on it.  Plus he is already surrounded by two monster defenders already.

The Crew is shaping up nicely!  Look out!

@AHF you are up

The wings and forwards are dropping like flies. Nice pick and he does fit in well with your already solid rebounders and defenders.

Edited by Buzzard
    • Like 1

• Moderators

We are going to throw some risk into the picture with our third pick and take a potential superstar at the center position.  Last season's best rookie is a health red flag unlike our first two picks but has shown to be an elite scorer, elite shotblocker and even shot 37% from 3pt range despite standing 7 feet tall.  The advance stats love him and so do we.  With our 3rd round pick, the U-Niques select:

Joel Embiid

joel_embiid.jpg

Uniques:

James Harden

Kawhi Leonard

Joel Embiid

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

Picks by 2017-18 NBA Division thus far:

Atlantic: 4

Central: 5

Southeast: 1

Northwest: 7

Southwest: 4

Pacific: 5

~lw3

The Southeast is pitiful. We are like the AFC South in the NFL.

Edited by Buzzard
    • Like 1

1 hour ago, LucastheThird said:

And here I was thinking I would be holding up the draft with my pick. Guess I'll pick tomorrow. 

Hopefully the draft will come back our way tomorrow. I'm itching to pick!
    There are guys that i had high on my draft board that are still available.

• Moderators

I'll do a full write up later but with our 4th pick we have to go with the guy who is 6 consecutive times 1st team Defensive All-NBA at pg but is still better known for his offense:

Chris Paul

@capstone21 is on the clock to start tomorrow

PG: Chris Paul

SG: James Harden

SF:  Kawhi Leonard

PF:

C:  Joel Embiid

• Like 2

6 hours ago, AHF said:

I'll do a full write up later but with our 4th pick we have to go with the guy who is 6 consecutive times 1st team Defensive All-NBA at pg but is still better known for his offense:

Chris Paul

@capstone21 is on the clock to start tomorrow

PG: Chris Paul

SG: James Harden

SF:  Kawhi Leonard

PF:

C:  Joel Embiid

I pegged you taking Paul with your Embiid pick. Either way I knew he would not get past you and drop in my lap. Great pick this late. He may only have 3 or 4 years of top ten play left; but that is still top ten play with a pick in the 4th round!