• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Some info on Marvin Bagley

aali34

8 hours ago, CP61 said:

Haven't you heard. He played AAU. He's garbage.

He's clearly not what the shoe companies are pushing through their PR departments.   The AAU part just means he's a spoiled, coddled brat who thinks he is God's gift to basketball.  

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/28/2017 at 9:02 AM, KB21 said:

He's clearly not what the shoe companies are pushing through their PR departments.   The AAU part just means he's a spoiled, coddled brat who thinks he is God's gift to basketball.  

Huh? almost everyone plays AAU, so that makes literally no sense.

6 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

First game gets hit in the eye and lays on the court for like 2 minutes before going in the locker room. Porter Jr got hurt his first game too. I think Doncic is the only one of the group that has the competitive fire to win, everyone else is soft as Charmin.

Get ready for the "they are just young" excuses.  Doncic has been playing pro ball against grown men.  Bagley and Porter have been playing AAU ball and have gotten smoke blown up their rear ends by AAU coaches who would rather cater to their stars than actually develop their skills.

• Like 1

On 11/14/2017 at 10:14 PM, bleachkit said:

First game gets hit in the eye and lays on the court for like 2 minutes before going in the locker room. Porter Jr got hurt his first game too. I think Doncic is the only one of the group that has the competitive fire to win, everyone else is soft as Charmin.

Lmao man stop. He had a tear in his retina. I’m sure that hurt. But being hurt is unacceptable huh? Lol y’all are crazy man 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, DBac said:

Lol at first I thought he was being a diva too but his eye swole shut so uhh.

Yeah it was actually I bad injury but the kid didn’t miss any games. Came right back and played Friday with his eye still a lil jacked up. These people in here are killing me with these ridiculous critiques. I quit posting for awhile bc I couldn’t take this nonsense 

9 hours ago, jy23 said:

Yeah it was actually I bad injury but the kid didn’t miss any games. Came right back and played Friday with his eye still a lil jacked up. These people in here are killing me with these ridiculous critiques. I quit posting for awhile bc I couldn’t take this nonsense 

Oh, I know.  These are just 18-19 year old kids who haven't had proper skill development to their games to this point.  We shouldn't be evaluating them so harshly.  I mean, after all, this player will be the key to the rebuild.  They shouldn't be evaluated this deeply.  It doesn't matter if they don't have a work ethic, lack toughness, or lack an elite skill level, they are athletic and have long arms.  That's all that matters.  

I'm not interested in getting someone who just gives the impression that he has potential.  Potential only means you haven't done anything yet.  I want someone who has shown an elite skill level, an intense desire to win, team first attitude, and the work ethic to know that he's not going to rest on the court.  I will continue to be vigilant in my evaluation of these players.  

• Moderators
41 minutes ago, KB21 said:

If it is a true retinal tear, no.  I would not put him back on the court.  In fact, he wouldn't be at courtside either.  

Wasn't sure how serious it was.  Knock on wood, I've broken bones but never had an eye injury.

4 hours ago, AHF said:

Wasn't sure how serious it was.  Knock on wood, I've broken bones but never had an eye injury.

It's serious enough that if the tear becomes a detachment, then he could lose sight in that eye.  You can actually seal the edges of the tear with cryotherapy.

Edited by KB21

To scrutinize their game and skill level is one thing, to try and talk about a kid isn’t tough bc he didn’t go back into a game after having an eye injury when his eye was clearly swollen shut is just dumb and unnecessary. All I’m seeing from you in regards to these kids is negative nonsense. Not sure what your problem is but it’s become damn near unbearable. Bagley should literally still be in high school so no he’s not going to be a finished product...none of these kids are. Lebron couldn’t shoot, KD had the worst +- in the league as a rookie, Greek freak didn’t do much of anything as a rookie, kobe was trash, Tmac didn’t take off until his fourth or fifth year....what exactly are you looking for? Bc whatever it is you’re not going to find it in 17 and 18 year olds but they aren’t finished products at this point. If you have a problem with the rebuild then really you just need to get over that bc it’s happening, chill out, let these kids develop bruh bc right now you sound bitter for some reason and it’s coming off rather pitiful 

Edited by jy23

31 minutes ago, jy23 said:

To scrutinize their game and skill level is one thing, to try and talk about a kid isn’t tough bc he didn’t go back into a game after having an eye injury when his eye was clearly swollen shut is just dumb and unnecessary. All I’m seeing from you in regards to these kids is negative nonsense. Not sure what your problem is but it’s become damn near unbearable. Bagley should literally still be in high school so no he’s not going to be a finished product...none of these kids are. Lebron couldn’t shoot, KD had the worst +- in the league as a rookie, Greek freak didn’t do much of anything as a rookie, kobe was trash, Tmac didn’t take off until his fourth or fifth year....what exactly are you looking for? Bc whatever it is you’re not going to find it in 17 and 18 year olds but they aren’t finished products at this point. If you have a problem with the rebuild then really you just need to get over that bc it’s happening, chill out, let these kids develop bruh bc right now you sound bitter for some reason and it’s coming off rather pitiful 

I want fans to realize how incredibly stupid it is to be rooting for your team to lose just so you can get a high pick to take a player that is clearly not a sure thing.   The entire concept of rooting for your team to lose pisses me off to no end.  

Well at this point it really doesn’t matter. It’s happening. You can either accept or move on bc the team is doing what they’re doing. To then take your frustrations out on these kids with your unfair critiques like I said just comes off bitter. None of these kids are as bad as you’re trying to make them out to be and it’s making reading these forums damn near impossible. I’ve never put anybody on ignore in here and I’m trying not to but you’re making it tough. Nobody comes in as a finished product, that’s not how this works. Ease up man 

• Like 1

It may not have been an actual retinal tear, but I can't see anyone playing with their eye swollen shut. It's just not possible.

On the actual player, with what I've seen he looks raw. I don't want to hear it on birthday, as I am a summer birthday and graduated the month before I turned 18, so if you translate I was a couple months younger than him when I graduated (in the past, of course, but that past was not too far long ago) and it was not because I was accelerated, either. I don't play sports and I know what goes on with college sports (especially with the IMG academy) that often makes it to where you have 19 year old freshmen, but I just wanted to put in perspective.

It's not that I wouldn't take him at all but it's not really a case in which he'd be close to ready to play for at least 2 full years and then he'd need a year to grow as a player. I think the other young bigs are closer.

He’s extremely active around the basket. Great rebounder and challenges every shot that comes near him. His length and activity makes it extremely difficult to keep him off the boards. He has a soft touch around the rim but definitely needs to work on his jumper. He’s  strong on most of his shots, that includes his free throws. He needs to work on that. Has soft really soft hands and is able to control the ball in traffic but makes bad decisions and is out of control sometimes driving the lane. Tries to do to much sometimes when going to the basket. He was a late enrollee to duke so coach k didn’t have a real offseason with the kid but has plenty of time get him under control. You can’t teach his length, explosion, and activity tho. His shot isn’t broken it’s just to strong. 

Edited by jy23