• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Some info on Marvin Bagley

aali34

On 11/30/2017 at 10:26 PM, AHF said:

I wouldnt say he is doing anything unconventional but he is very good at what he is doing.  That isn't a criticism.  Alonzo Mourning didn't break any molds but he was a damn good player.

I’m not saying it’s necessarily unconventional I’m just saying that a guy as naturally gifted as him is rare to find with that kind of motor attached to it. Develop that mid range a lil bit more and you could be looking at something really special. 

• Like 3

• Moderators
On 12/1/2017 at 11:16 PM, jy23 said:

I’m not saying it’s necessarily unconventional I’m just saying that a guy as naturally gifted as him is rare to find with that kind of motor attached to it. Develop that mid range a lil bit more and you could be looking at something really special. 

I'm fine with saying that profile could be a special player but that is the opposite of a unicorn.   A unicorn is primarily defined by a type of mold breaking, unconventional profile.

11 hours ago, AHF said:

I'm fine with saying that profile could be a special player but that is the opposite of a unicorn.   A unicorn is primarily defined by a type of mold breaking, unconventional profile.

Oh I’ve never called him a unicorn...I don’t consider him that type of player 

On 12/3/2017 at 8:10 AM, AHF said:

Bagley is an mold breaker but I agree, I wouldn't call him a unicorn. He isn't Giannis, MJ, Porzee where they are physically an anomaly but Bagley is rare. I don't think we have a point of reference to him. He's been NBA ready his his Jr. year of HS.  

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, hazer said:

Anybody else watching In-the-Bagley single-handedly own FSU? Wow, he may end up with 30/20...

Yeah . . I flipped to this after my Vols blew a late lead at Arkansas.  Dude is a monster on the boards and just has that "it" factor.  Adding him with Collins would basically be our version ( talent wise ) of Anthony Davis and Demarcus Cousins.

This game is wild though.  Florida State isn't going anywhere.  They might pull this out, even with Bagley going for 30+ pts  - 20+ rebs.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Yeah . . I flipped to this after my Vols blew a late lead at Arkansas.  Dude is a monster on the boards and just has that "it" factor.  Adding him with Collins would basically be our version ( talent wise ) of Anthony Davis and Demarcus Cousins.

This game is wild though.  Florida State isn't going anywhere.  They might pull this out, even with Bagley going for 30+ pts  - 20+ rebs.

Was just thinking same thing: Bud likes a PG, 2 interchangeable wings, and 2 interchangeable big men system. J-Bap and The Third would be a ferocious and unconventional front court.

• Like 1

And somebody was talking about Bagley being all hype lol. Dude is an absolute monster

• Like 4

1 hour ago, marco102 said:

I'd rather have Ayton or even Bamba.  Marvin Bagley is a more athletic John Collins with slightly less Skill.  Not saying I wouldn't take Bagley just that he and Collins would be too duplicative.

He has a lot more skill than Collins. He's also a lot better at Basketball. That's not to hate on Collins but there is a massive gap. 

• Like 3

He has a lot more skill than Collins. He's also a lot better at Basketball. That's not to hate on Collins but there is a massive gap. 

I'm not familiar with Collins high school career and how highly rated he was, but I think he's been criminally slept on seeing him with the Hawks right now. He's just so active on the court, and he's improved bit by bit since he's joined us. Bagley deserves his hype, but I think Collins can be as great as he wants to be in the league if he expands his game.
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, nathan2331 said:
20 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I'm not familiar with Collins high school career and how highly rated he was, but I think he's been criminally slept on seeing him with the Hawks right now. He's just so active on the court, and he's improved bit by bit since he's joined us. Bagley deserves his hype, but I think Collins can be as great as he wants to be in the league if he expands his game.

Being as great as he wants and comparing him to Bagley isn't fair to Collins. 

Being as great as he wants and comparing him to Bagley isn't fair to Collins. 

What I'm saying is that Collins was a much better prospect than given credit for. He was one of the best scorers and rebounders in the NCAA with his fouling issues preventing him from playing more minutes. Things are more obvious in hindsight, but Collins should have went much higher in the draft. Now that he's on the Hawks, I can't help but see a star in him, the way I felt about Josh once. As he develops his jump shot and gains more experience he's gonna shock people around the NBA.
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, davis171 said:

Looked really good tonight especially in the second half. If he realizes his defensive potential guy will be a monster.

They had no answer for him in that second half 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, davis171 said:

Looked really good tonight especially in the second half. If he realizes his defensive potential guy will be a monster.

He has no feel for defense at all.  His instincts on that end are horrific.  He's bad enough defensively that if he's a rookie on a Bud or Pops coached team, he will be unplayable on a lot of nights.  

On offense, he simply doesn't have a good feel for space.  

He can run, has a quick second jump, and has a great work ethic, and he's going to need that work ethic because his basketball skills are almost nonexistant right now.  He's a bottom half of the top 10 prospect and will need to sit for 2-3 years before he gets major minutes or else you are going to lose a shit ton of games with him.

Just now, KB21 said:

He has no feel for defense at all.  His instincts on that end are horrific.  He's bad enough defensively that if he's a rookie on a Bud or Pops coached team, he will be unplayable on a lot of nights.  

On offense, he simply doesn't have a good feel for space.  

He can run, has a quick second jump, and has a great work ethic, and he's going to need that work ethic because his basketball skills are almost nonexistant right now.  He's a bottom half of the top 10 prospect and will need to sit for 2-3 years before he gets major minutes or else you are going to lose a shit ton of games with him.

He is 18 and a freakish athlete. A project for sure but definitely someone with a lot of upside.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, davis171 said:

He is 18 and a freakish athlete. A project for sure but definitely someone with a lot of upside.

Same thing was said about Andrew Wiggins, and four years in, he still hasn't realized any of that upside and is still among the worst perimeter defenders in the NBA.

So you want to base this tank job around a guy just because he's 18 and "freakishly" athletic, even though he's a bad defender, bad shooter, bad passer, lacks a feel for the game....etc?