• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Some info on Marvin Bagley

aali34

4 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Same thing was said about Andrew Wiggins, and four years in, he still hasn't realized any of that upside and is still among the worst perimeter defenders in the NBA.

So you want to base this tank job around a guy just because he's 18 and "freakishly" athletic, even though he's a bad defender, bad shooter, bad passer, lacks a feel for the game....etc?

Wiggins is still only 23 he can still become a better defender. I'm not even advocating for him to go top 5 for the hawks but if he were to fall to like 6 no complaints from me.

Edited by davis171

Sorry but I’m just not feeling Bagley based on what I consider our teams most important needs from top to bottom.

WE NEED A SCORER. WE NEED AYTON HONESTLY 

i like bagley but his unorthodox style of scoring is horrible and I don’t believe it will work at the next level. Now of course he has time to grow and plenty of upside but right now he just doesn’t have that offensively gifted technique or skills.

Edited by JTB

• Moderators
1 hour ago, hawkman said:

Bagley, Ayton, Doncic, Young, Porter, and Bamba will be looooong gone by the time we pick. 

We may come down to praying that we get lucky in the lottery with low odds but at least as of now we are still fairly likely to be in the top 6.  Another win and we won't be.

4 hours ago, hawkman said:

Bagley, Ayton, Doncic, Young, Porter, and Bamba will be looooong gone by the time we pick. 

Good!  That means we can get Jaren Jackson, who is a better prospect than all of those with the possible exception of Luka Doncic.

• Moderators
9 hours ago, KB21 said:

Good!  That means we can get Jaren Jackson, who is a better prospect than all of those with the possible exception of Luka Doncic.

I'd be thrilled to get JJJ at #7 in that scenario.  I think that would be a huge value pick.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hawkman said:

He's a monster. I don't get all of the criticism. All he's done is produce since he arrived at Duke.

If by monster, you mean extremely poor defender and limited overall skill set, then I guess he's a monster.

2 hours ago, hawkman said:

He's a monster. I don't get all of the criticism. All he's done is produce since he arrived at Duke.

Yep and the whole “ Dukes defense is better without him” talking point is dead. I like him but not for Atlanta due to his questionable fit with Collins. 

• Like 2

On 3/9/2018 at 1:08 PM, KB21 said:

If by monster, you mean extremely poor defender and limited overall skill set, then I guess he's a monster.

He’s 19 years old. One year removed from High School basketball. Hes already the lead dog at a top ACC program and producing offensively a really good efficient rate. By comparison JJJ is what 4th fiddle on a good team playing significantly less minutes than Bagley with a significantly smaller role. You don’t build teams around JJJ. You can build teams around Bagley. That’s the difference. That’s what we get to see right now. JJJ possibly could end up the better Pro, but I think he winds up being a talented do-all big that never really puts it all together ie Serge Ibaka.

6 hours ago, EazyRoc said:

He’s 19 years old. One year removed from High School basketball. Hes already the lead dog at a top ACC program and producing offensively a really good efficient rate. By comparison JJJ is what 4th fiddle on a good team playing significantly less minutes than Bagley with a significantly smaller role. You don’t build teams around JJJ. You can build teams around Bagley. That’s the difference. That’s what we get to see right now. JJJ possibly could end up the better Pro, but I think he winds up being a talented do-all big that never really puts it all together ie Serge Ibaka.

So, being 19 excuses his lack of defense and lack of a diversified skill set?