• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Man . . . f--k sports

TheNorthCydeRises

• Moderators

For the Hawks, just pick a few youngsters to get excited following their development next year.  That will be easier than cursing when a L results.

Been there, done that on last second losses to the Gators.  That sucks and you have my sympathy.

• Like 1

• Moderators

You deserve a good bandwagon leap or two. But not in a sports league you're currently wild about, lest you get caught up in transitioning over to The Dark Side (i.e., becoming a Pats fan... ick!)

A few suggestions as far as teams to follow and hop onto, off the top of my head...

* Penguins hockey! They're usually in the running, from one season to the next, to hoist Lord Stanley's Cup. Cincy's hockey fans are probably split between the Pens and the B-hawks anyway, and both clubs have won 4 of the last 5 Cups. Maybe the Predators (because Tennessee) as an up-and-coming alternative. I was suffering from hockey withdrawal and finally hopped on that bandwagon last summer after the Subban trade... picked a good time to do so.

* Ohio Machine (outdoor) and Atlanta Blaze (indoor) lacrosse! These clubs just so happen to be the reigning champs in their respective leagues, and they just so happen to share states with your Hawks and Reds/Bengals. Just outside of Columbus, the Machine were in the MLL championship two seasons in a row, in just their sixth year of existence, so it's the closest thing Cincy sports fans have going as far as dominance right now. Playing their games in Gwinnett County, the Blaze are like GSW offensively and look like they might have some staying power in the box lacrosse league.

* UConn women's hoops! Everyone is shocked on the rare occasions they actually lose. They make Bama football and UK men's basketball look tame when it comes to recruiting. At least until UConn's whole athletics program rejoins a legit top-tier conference, they're locks for March Madness romps year after year.

b90f8b00d13937280dc0b95044acea8c--footba

* Chelsea FC soccer! They've won the Premier League in two of the last three seasons, and won 21 trophies in the past two decades alone. The EPL season just recently started and they're right near the top of the table. As a tie-in to your Hawks, Dennis Schröder is a fan of both Chelsea and Arsenal.

~lw3