• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Kyle Shanahan was the only reason for the Falcons season last year

Lurker

With new coaches, like I have consistently constantly told you, you can't take much from year 2. Every coach, unless you are a total bust, has a big year 2 jump (just like what Georgia is going through now, from 7-5 and looking horrible to probably 10-2/11-1, or better and likely in the SEC title game). The issue is if the coaches can sustain it.

Dan Quinn has not sustained his year 2 jump, just like Mike Budenholzer did not sustain his year 2 jump. This is likely an 8-8 team. I hope I'm wrong but I don't think I am and this also plays as a reverse jinx thread.

If it's against the rules to call out posters, the mods can close this thread.

• 2 months later...

It's pretty clear what Dan Quinn is. Rah rah dude that can coach a heck of a defense. Hasn't developed at all as a head coach, he's still just as bad as he was in year 1.

He needs to fire Sark and nail the next OC hire, then coach the defense himself. That's the best of an as things change, they stay the same situation. 

Edited by Lurker

• Premium Member
19 hours ago, Lurker said:

It's pretty clear what Dan Quinn is. Rah rah dude that can coach a heck of a defense. Hasn't developed at all as a head coach, he's still just as bad as he was in year 1.

He needs to fire Sark and nail the next OC hire, then coach the defense himself. That's the best of an as things change, they stay the same situation. 

I'll have to agree with you for now. yesterday was one of the worst coaching jobs ever!

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Well this post sure rings true today.  Sark is coaching college ball against a pro defense.  Horrible hire that the Falcons doubled down on.  What a waste of one of the most expensive offenses in the league.  It’s like buying a brand new Bugati and chucking the keys to a 13-year-old.