• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at heat

lethalweapon3

Sloppiness keeping it interesting till the end but quite feisty play by us and who would bet on a win by us tonight anyway. Some good ball here and there and didn't really expect it to be even this close. The Heat do have a starting point guard after all, right?

22 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

So did Collins get hurt?  He helped get us back in the game in the 3rd, and never sees the floor again?

Bud looks more at the fact that James Johnson was bodying him then at good team results. His sitting him is a lesson for his defense in his head.

34 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Collins grabs a rebound per minute or minute and a half and doesn't play even half a basketball game for us tonight. Uh...

25 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Bud looks more at the fact that James Johnson was bodying him then at good team results. His sitting him is a lesson for his defense in his head.

Would’ve won if they put Collins back in there. They’re trying to win a different contest ;)

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Collins puts up 14 and 11 in less than 19 minutes of playing time. Unreal. This is starting to look like the T Wolves when that idiot Rambis was benching or limiting Kevin Love despite Love putting up bonkers numbers whenever he hit the floor...

• Like 2

Yeah, let's crap on the best thing this organization has at the moment in Coach Bud because he is properly managing the minutes of a rookie who isn't quite ready for major minutes.  

All hail Travis Schlenk, who did absolutely nothing to field a competitive team during the off season.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

You don't get to complain about the team not trying to win games in this situation. When Collins is having a night like tonight and puts the team in a position to win you let him play. You don't get it both ways. Collins plays more minutes tonight we probably win the game.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Yeah, let's crap on the best thing this organization has at the moment in Coach Bud because he is properly managing the minutes of a rookie who isn't quite ready for major minutes.  

:Bud: Told you I have a base!  So stop the fake news!

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Sothron said:

You don't get to complain about the team not trying to win games in this situation. When Collins is having a night like tonight and puts the team in a position to win you let him play. You don't get it both ways. Collins plays more minutes tonight we probably win the game.

That's unlikely.  Right now, Collins's lack of defense is what will keep him from getting major minutes.  Even when he's getting 14 and 11 in 19 minutes, his +/- for the game was still a net 0 because of defensive lapses.  

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, KB21 said:

That's unlikely.  Right now, Collins's lack of defense is what will keep him from getting major minutes.  Even when he's getting 14 and 11 in 19 minutes, his +/- for the game was still a net 0 because of defensive lapses.  

He wasn't the only player out there that needed to play better defense. He played great out there and might have won the game for us if he got the minutes his play earned. You can't blame the GM for tanking when the coach is keeping hot guys on the bench for artificial reasons.

• Like 1

I can see "teaching a lesson" some with defense, but wtf kind of lesson is being taught if the guy in front of you is Mike Muscala?

although I don't even know if it's Muscala in front of him, as like I said, I think a Bud fancies Collins as a center. Which means there's more work to do with him other than just "defense".

(then again that is exactly kb21's point with having bad rosters on purpose)

Seriously, people have said Collins looks tired after 5-6 mins of court time. Subbing him out for a break is fine, not subbing him back in at the 5-6 minute mark and letting a guy play more mins just because he's good at defensive positioning, even though he might be weaker than me is just dumb.

• Like 2